How can this work?

Maybe it's just me who has been reading a lot about FM this year, but how on earth can this work? I mean, it goes completely off the the way I have been thinking the game. it just doesn't make any sense. Aren't the IF's and the AP occupying the same spaces? How does the team maintains it's shape? I'll leave to you to help me understand how this work. Is it that maybe people (and myself) have been over complicating the game?

FM14.jpg

I will have a bash at it!!

Exploit the middle increases forward runs for central players and decreases them for wide players. So in theory your AP is playing with the same forward runs as an Attacking Midfielder and vacates that space more often then not. Your also using look for overlap, this further restricts your IFa's to holding up the ball waiting for fullbacks to overlap.

In reality your IFa have no forward runs, will very occasionaly run with the ball to the APa starting position on the formation screen, but his forward runs have increased so he is more llikely to be up there with the CFa. The formation in attack probably looks like a traditional 442.

Well yeah, it's very agressive but has managed it's "owner" a very good run so far, with maybe 1/2 losses and a draw in 20 games at the BPL. Of course that the quality of the player have a major influence, but it totally defies some of the major things this year's version FM brought. It's a tactic that really resembles my tactics in past versions, where advanced player would attack, midfielder support and defenders defend. But I guess maybe things didd't change that much and something like that could still work

Yeah I really have to play to attacking mid's in the flanks. I read so much that I think I never tried it out this year's version xD And yeah, maybe the tactic makes sense in it's agressive way. It's very good to see so many different aproaches working, it really makes you wanna try your own ideas

Archived