Help my day go quicker. FM 09 announcment are made tommorow and I can't wait!!!

Any one who thinks the transfer system needs improvement is barking mad. It's the most realistic aspect of football manager 2008 hence the bloody revamp.

So the most realistic aspect of the game is one where Everton (who already have Baines) bought a 31 yr old Juan Pablo Sorin for £13 million in one of my saves?!

So the most realistic aspect of the game is one where Everton (who already have Baines) bought a 31 yr old Juan Pablo Sorin for £13 million in one of my saves?!

OMFG. GTFO.

...and Arsenal bought 28 year old Mutu for almost 30mil? It's also a bit unrealistic.

Neither of these aspects are faults in the transfer system, they are faults in the AI manager.

I'm told it's very difficult to create a computer spreadsheet that predict the future with complete accuracy. Who's to say the real-life transfer fees that are paid are the best or most accurate deals for the talent they bring in? It's not completely a perfect science, you know. Even in real-life, there's variation on how a team might value a player.

I would rather your wages represented a level of success.

I don't think you can say that wages are a full and true measure of a manager's career success. Team finances/budget plays a lot into this. If I were to be a legendary manager in FM'08, then move to a League 2 team, would they still pay me EPL wages? Would my reputation grow less if I took a lower wage to coach at that level?

Neither of these aspects are faults in the transfer system, they are faults in the AI manager.

I agree, but I feel that it falls under the transfer issue because no manager irl would spend that much money on an ageing, unrequired left back. (Mutu might happen, if man city are interested)

So I see it as if the AI manager has no transfer sense (which David Moyes does, arteta, cahill, etc were great buys) then imo that becomes a transfer issue that needs fixing.

So that means if you feel the AI manager's need improving, which i'll guess you do, and I feel the transfer system needs improving, then we kinda agree :)

I don't think you can say that wages are a full and true measure of a manager's career success. Team finances/budget plays a lot into this. If I were to be a legendary manager in FM'08, then move to a League 2 team, would they still pay me EPL wages? Would my reputation grow less if I took a lower wage to coach at that level?

I'm only thinking off the top of head here. If you were a legendary manager and dropped from EPL to League 2 then your rep would stay the same but wages would not, however after each and every passing season your rating would begin to drop until you wages picked up again.

Another idea might be to become a legendary manager you have to earn x amount in each division. £150 K + in EPL say £50 K + CCC, 15 K + League 1, 10 K + League 2.

I think the idea is there, it just needs a bit of thought put into it. I think it better than just having a wage for the sake of having a wage and its better than turning it into FIFA by being able to buy houses and what not.

If you meet 2 guys in a pub and ones says he's on 60 grand a year the other or 20 grand a year, you automatically come to the conclusion that the guy on 60 grand a year is more successful. I think this should be incoperated into the game. Money = Success.

And if you don't believe me just watch Manchester City over the coming season.

I want a 3d match engine, when it can be done properly. The fact is, the technology does not exist and SI do not have the resources to do this as realistically as the 2D engine, so it's a non-starter.

It's not opposition to change, it's opposition to buggy software. Think of all the complaits we already get from the "simple" 2D experience. :D

Prove me wrong, then, Miles. :D

Archived