Help me decide on player roles?

So currently I'm using a 4-2DM-2-1-1 formation and I'm having a few problems deciding on a few roles, so what is the difference between:

1) Regista/DPL(S) - I have read the ingame descriptions about the regista being a more aggressive DPL, so is the just a DPL who closes down more?

2) Treq/AP(A) - Is the treq just a more lazy Advanced Playmaker who doesn't close down, how would I make a Treq close down more?

A Regista roams, usually has a higher level of creative freedom and will be more inclined to surge forward than a DLP. Generally speaking, a DLP will serve as a pure holding player (who can also create) whereas a regista is more of a pure creative player that sits deep and typically relies on a holding player helping to shield space in front of him.

A trequartista is not expected to close down opponents (though he will with sufficiently high aggression and work rate), roams and looks to utilize the channels more than an advanced playmaker. An advanced playmaker will also be more inclined to drop slightly deeper to receive the ball, though the trequartista is slightly less inclined to make off the ball runs into the area.

So currently I'm using a 4-2DM-2-1-1 formation and I'm having a few problems deciding on a few roles, so what is the difference between:

1) Regista/DPL(S) - I have read the ingame descriptions about the regista being a more aggressive DPL, so is the just a DPL who closes down more?

2) Treq/AP(A) - Is the treq just a more lazy Advanced Playmaker who doesn't close down, how would I make a Treq close down more?

Regista is an attacking player who does what he wants and goes where he wishes. I feel that a Regista has more influence on the game than DLP would, with him drifting higher and wider looking for the ball and his teammates looking for him more than they would look for the DLP. (I believe all other players will have lower creative freedom when using a regista. Or a trequartista. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) So the Regista is a more aggressive DLP when your team has the ball. When defending he shouldn't be much more aggressive.

Similarly the Trequartista operates on a larger area than the AP, gets sought out more than AP and is generally more positive with the ball. More of a creator than the controller. Like Regista.

Archived