Made a mistake with my contract

I agreed to the philosophy of signing young players for the first team. All was fine till the end of my first transfer window since agreeing new contract when the board complained about the lack of youngsters signed for the first team. That's when it dawned on me. I should have agreed to the philosophy of bringing players through the youth system.

I'm Leeds Utd and a champions league team, in the middle of a very long and enjoyable save. I bring youngsters through the youth system and would never sign them straight for the first team. Is this going to cause me problems? How can I change the philosophy before it causes problems?

You won't get sacked if you don't adhere to the philosophy but do well elsewhere. Having the philosophy and adhere to it, will get you sacked quicker if you under-perform in other areas.

You can ask in a board meeting. There's an option under "Personal" to discuss changing philosophies.

You can ask in the 'talk to board' screen to 'Change Philosophies', and they might allow it. But if you're performing badly they might refuse. Keep trying and you should get it gone though. Or if you're performing well enough to get offered a new contract, they'll almost always allow changing philosophies as part of your negotiations.

Archived