The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "He is free to swap sides - but not before July 1, 2010," Rummenigge told www.welt.de.

"This is the last word. If I say this, then that is what it is going to be. He can swap sides on July 1, 2010 - no sooner." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

ask for a transfer you curly haired freak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poor Matt icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Park is an extremely strong bench player.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many games has he improved from the bench?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Park is an extremely strong bench player.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many games has he improved from the bench? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok extremely is maybe quite strong...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

It doesnt matter how poor Park or Fletcher are when you have just found a 1989-90 patch for FM.

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=34204&page=1&pp=50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You downloaded this yet ?

right then.

a) Taz you are still wrong on Fletcher. I dont care if more people have come to your point of view in recent months.. they're equally wrong.

The fact is DF has had a tiny proportion of his time with us, playing in a settled, flowing team in his best position. Large chunks on the right. Large chunks as a 3rd man quite literally given no role other than to be "the guy in between Keane and Scholes". And when you break it down he's had quite a number of good games when these factors aren't hindering him. A few great games as well I might add.

The reason people see him as awful is because he's not the most adaptable. He's not a winger and never will be. He also, when playing in the middle, needs to be given proper instructions. Told what his role is. And more often than not he will then do it well.

As for Park. Mr 07? is wrong. He DOES make things happen.. he runs at players.. he can get past people. And he's tenacious in the tackle. He wins a far higher percentage of challenges than you may expect given his size and he frequently chases lost causes which enables the team to have a way out. In many ways you could give him the same criticism that some give Ronaldo.. poor "end product" but Ronnie is proving people wrong. So will Park as he develops with us and fits in further with the rest of the side as he gets more games.

Quite frankly you should all be utterly ashamed for discussing the faults of Park when O'Shea is STILL in the side. I dont care if we've done it to death. There can never be enough "wtf O'Shea in midfield" remarks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

It doesnt matter how poor Park or Fletcher are when you have just found a 1989-90 patch for FM.

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=34204&page=1&pp=50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You downloaded this yet ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know some people who have, has the class of 92 all in the youth academy icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

I know some people who have, has the class of 92 all in the youth academy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please wait while the download server is contacted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that far, and then nothing. Except that feckin' mosquito ad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I know some people who have, has the class of 92 all in the youth academy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please wait while the download server is contacted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that far, and then nothing. Except that feckin' mosquito ad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to page 4 and use the megaupload link, it works.

Playing it now. Going to have the class of 92 as first teamers all aged 14. Signed a 17 year old Roy Keane too.

Oh and i Sold Robbo to finance a bid for Gazza. icon_frown.gif

If only my mouse was working so I could play that...

icon_mad.gif

O'Shea in midfield isundoubtedly a sign of decline.

Fletcher is and always will be very good when he's playing next to someone non sh*t in a proper midfield line up. I remain convinced he's had very few games in this scenario but when he has, he's largely done well.

tbf I'm conceding here that he's not going to be a one man, drag us through single handedly, type player for us... but he's certainly far FAR above being just some backup player.

Argh, die mosquito ad, that's been my nemesis in the last week on photobucket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same icon_biggrin.gif

And it's frequently been links posted by you icon_mad.gif ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

wtf O'Shea in midfield </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT

disgrace

I'd rather Fletcher. Or Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a good feature in RI this month, a fake season preview mocking how David Jones won't ever get to play. Stuff like:

"O'Shea and Fletcher lose a leg each in freak accident, but Jones misses out when Fergie chooses to tie their legs together forming the new signing Darren O'Shea. Ferguson commented that it was the most mobile he'd seen them in years."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

If only my mouse was working so I could play that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction.

If only I had a mouse.

I've just thrown at next doors dog.

Keyboard only navigation ftw \o/.

"With United's midfield injury crisis going from bad to worse, an eager, confident David Jones says he is ready to seize his chance and prove that he can step up to the challenge. However, Fergie opts to play Darren Fletcher, currently laid up with ricketts, and John O'Shea, recovering from an operation to staple his stomach, in their hospital beds. "I'm not worried, they've got wheels haven't they?" A bit of oil in the and they'll move around like greased lightning, there's no doubt about that" says Ferguson."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

For all that Taz always liked to compare Fletcher to how Scholes and Beckham were at 22, he's better than Carrick was at that age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but Taz doesnt like Carrick either.

Seemed to be quite happy to say he'd written him off already iirc.

Tax ifc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

For all that Taz always liked to compare Fletcher to how Scholes and Beckham were at 22, he's better than Carrick was at that age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then that brings questions like "is Carrick good enough for Man Utd if we want to be what we once were?".

Plus i have never been a fan of Michael Carrick either and am waiting to see how he does for us.

Although you are right in saying Scholes and Beckham were two world class players and i think 99% of us would agree that is something Fletcher will never be so to compare the three is unfair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Yeah but Taz doesnt like Carrick either.

Seemed to be quite happy to say he'd written him off already iirc.

Tax ifc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC Taz didn't have a problem with Carrick as a player, just that we overpaid and that he wasn't the type of midfielder that should be our priority, both of which i agree with.

But maybe he didn't say any of that and i'm just using it as an excuse to tell you what i think instead icon_biggrin.gif

IIRC Taz didn't have a problem with Carrick as a player, just that we overpaid and that he wasn't the type of midfielder that should be our priority, both of which i agree with.

But maybe he didn't say any of that and i'm just using it as an excuse to tell you what i think instead icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i have never been a fan of Michael Carrick my main problems with the transfer and the ones stressed more than once were what you said above.

Taz had a go at Carrick for having Fletchers "hugging tackles" IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc that was a joke about the way people tackled, something about a mix between Fletchers cuddling way of tackling and Scholes mis-timed way of tackling.

I remember Taz being lynched for slating Park after 45mins of his first pre-season game icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deserved far worse than lynching

I remember Taz being lynched for slating Park after 45mins of his first pre-season game icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said his performance was crap, it was. In fact he was crap all of the last pre season and wasnt much cop either.

The problem with this place is you arent allowed to say when someone has had a crap game unless he is called Silvestre or Ronaldo without people jumping on you for not giving people a chance.

I said his performance was crap, it was. In fact he was crap all of the last pre season and wasnt much cop this season either.

The problem with this place is you arent allowed to say when someone has had a crap game unless he is called Silvestre or Ronaldo without people jumping on you for not giving people a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived