From Minnows to Monsters

Scully11

Ok i havent tried this on recent versions of FM so im going to start now. I am a Newcastle United supporter but i am from Gateshead. Seeing Gatesheads inspiring season so far this season i have decided to start a journey with them as they are technically my local club.

To start with I am just going to post some screenshots of my transfers and tactics, results etc. Just incase it is a complete failure in the first season to be honest. from season 2 onwards i will give monthly game updates so at least 1 maybe 2 updates a day. Im not sure how everyone else goes about these journey stories but that is the way i am going to run mine.

So the aim of this journey is like the title says to get my Gateshead team who i class as minnows to become monsters of europe to win each and every title trophy and League i can.

Like i said i will just post my transfers, Tactics and results for the first season as i am actually in February of the first season.

So here goes.

Transfers

x4j1x5.jpg

I only made 3 signings due to a lack of transfer funds and wage budget and i didnt get rid of anyone just incase i was caught short with injuries

2e14ozd.jpg

This is the signing of the season by far he is my highest scorer and he seems to dominate defenders he is playing against

2ew1bi0.jpg

Not much to say about this guy apart from he is a good stopper as a Defensive midfielder

fon974.jpg

Again not much to say about this guy either he is versatile and does ok in whichever position i play him. I consider him more of a back up when i have injuries.

Now we have the league table so far which i am very pleased about:

330wpx2.jpg

I am currently sitting 4 points behind forest green but i do play them in 2 games time so if i can come out with a win there is not much in the way of points difference.

Average rating of players:

kmh79.jpg

I am a bit disappointed with my players average ratings although they are still getting the results the team needs so not going to say too much about this.

I am going to leave the first post there and will update again at some point today so any comments or criticisms are welcome to help either my game or the way i am telling my story.

Ok i have reached the end of march still in the running for a playoff place and i have been offered a new contract which i have accepted until 2015.

2cibuyt.jpg

I will update at the end of the season hopefully where i can let you all know i have been promoted which is only the start to what will hopefully European domination.

I have come to the end of the season and managed to secure a playoff spot.

33w709d.jpg

I play Barnet in the playoff semi final so here goes nearly at the promotion stage

2e1uiww.jpg

Playoffs

Game 1

Gateshead v Barnet

Result 0-0

2mcyckm.jpg

Poor result in my eyes as we were at home but still no away goal for barnet

GAME 2

Barnet v Gateshead

17c01k.jpg

Much better result here obviously the win speaks for itself.

So ive gotten through the Semi-final, which leaves me in the final against Salisbury.

FINAL

Gateshead v Salisbury

Pretty hard fought match which went the whole way to penalties, but my players showed the composure and held their nerves to score all of their penalties to get the team promoted.

sdl829.jpg

So very very successful first season and as i said earlier in the post i will be updating this thread with my story more often probably every 1-2 gaming months and hopefully i will have a little money to spend and maybe attract some good young players on loan from bigger clubs.

SEASON 2

Ok then ive gotten through pre season and the transfer window is now closed so a quick update on some transfers ive brought in.

14mc6t5.jpg

So a few screenshots of who ive brought in and why

Ok ive brought in this CB because he is a decent all around CB decent marking and tackling attributes along with positioning.

2cepx1j.jpg

Well next is Michael Bridges

Everyone from the lower league knows michael bridges even at his age he is a good all round striker with good creativity which i think is going to be a key to this season.

wswq3c.jpg

Last screen shot is Paul Currie. I brought paul in because he will work well as my CM attack as he has decent off the ball, finishing, long shots and passing. which i consider the most important attributes for a CM ATT.

wswq3c.jpg

PRE SEASON AND FIRST FEW GAMES OF NEW SEASON

As you can see from the screenshot below its been a mixed start to the new season but not a failed one as a later screenshot will show you my league position so far.

2b9rwj.jpg

LEAGUE STANDINGS SO FAR

As you can see from the league table below after 8 games i am sitting in 11th i have set the target to my board and players of a mid table finish so im not too unhappy about the start to the season.

2wlre4o.jpg

Playoffs

Game 1

Gateshead v Barnet

Result 0-0

2mcyckm.jpg

Poor result in my eyes as we were at home but still no away goal for barnet

GAME 2

Barnet v Gateshead

17c01k.jpg

Much better result here obviously the win speaks for itself.

So ive gotten through the Semi-final, which leaves me in the final against Salisbury.

FINAL

Gateshead v Salisbury

Pretty hard fought match which went the whole way to penalties, but my players showed the composure and held their nerves to score all of their penalties to get the team promoted.

17c01k.jpg

So very very successful first season and as i said earlier in the post i will be updating this thread with my story more often probably every 1-2 gaming months and hopefully i will have a little money to spend and maybe attract some good young players on loan from bigger clubs.

Well done beating Barnet in the semi final and final.

This season really is not going to plan looks like i will have to fight out another season in this league. But thats not terrible saying as its a new league ive been promoted into i just havent strengthened in the right positions. Below is a screenshot of my current league position which is not good. Next season i will put in a lot more effort to get promotion.

29pw5xd.jpg

Liking the start of this career. please explain your match tactics and management policies a bit more so a football neophyte like me can understand. I'm American and bought the game as a new strategy game and to get ready for the World Cup. SkyBet2 is not a bad league I've started with three different teams but never got promoted out of it either. My best result was 12th with York. The Teams in this league will never make money unless you sell players.

Liking the start of this career. please explain your match tactics and management policies a bit more so a football neophyte like me can understand. I'm American and bought the game as a new strategy game and to get ready for the World Cup. SkyBet2 is not a bad league I've started with three different teams but never got promoted out of it either. My best result was 12th with York. The Teams in this league will never make money unless you sell players.

I play a 4132 formation with 4 defenders 1 defensive midfielder 3 cm midfielders and 2 strikers. Roles are 2 full backs support. 1 CD cover 1 CD stopper. Defensive mid is an anchor man. Then in CM i have 2 box to box midfielders and 1 cm attack. Strikers i play 1 false 9 and 1 complete forward.

My management policies are basically to do as well as i can early on. Not set myself too many boundaries until i can get some money in really. From there i plan to bring in the best players i can for the positions ive set my players until i eventually reach the premier league. Once in the premier league i plan on hopefully building a new stadium to house my many thousands of fans and also get all of my facilities upgraded as much as possible then bring in the best staff and have a good go of taking over europe. May be a while off yet but i will get there. Any other information you want regarding my playing style is welcome to ask away.

Well the season finished poorly and left me feeling a bit stumped as to where i went wrong

2k08ew.jpg

Ive gone through pre season dont really need to let you lot know what happened there so im just gonna go onto my transfers ive brought in and then get my season up and running

10diof7.jpg

Ive brought in Satka on loan from newcastle because of his all around defensive attributes especially his jumping reach

16hkbjp.jpg

Also brought perry in for the same reason as i blame my defenders really for some of my poor results and defensive displays

zkr280.jpg

Archived