Ball Winning Midfielder (BWM)

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that since the 14.3 update, the BWM seems to get an excessive amount or red/yellow cards?

Done around a season and a half since 14.3 was introduced, but in once full season, Fellaini has had 17 yellow cards and 3 red cards, and when Pogba has filled in, he's picking them up too. Almost becoming a liability to the team now.

I've had to warn them both about their conduct.

Any else seeing this?

There were no changes made to defensive behaviour, or to Roles in 14.3.

Are you using the exact same TIs, PIs and Roles with the same players as before 14.3?

If the BWM is the lone defensive player in an exposed midfield, then he is likely to be stretched more on 14.3 than earlier updates, just because of the increased effectiveness of attacking play. It could be that he's forced to make more last ditch tackles than before, which may imply that he needs some support.

May be it is somehow connected to team instructions? I mean - may be patch changed some stuff, but not in BWM, and with some TI?

Because, I see no such changes. Not with my BWM, nor with my CF. Most of my yellow cards recieved by my fullbacks and it's ok for me because I'm trying to close any possible long balls from the flanks at any cost (my CFs are pretty weak in air).

If the BWM is the lone defensive player in an exposed midfield, then he is likely to be stretched more on 14.3 than earlier updates, just because of the increased effectiveness of attacking play. It could be that he's forced to make more last ditch tackles than before, which may imply that he needs some support.

That could potentially be the reason then.

I've made no changes from 14.2 to 14.3 with my midfield, but the BWM is the only defensive part of the midfield. I was debating changing him to a CM(D).

Archived