The Best Career Game Nation Selections.

This may well be pretty subjective according to your nationality and footballing taste. However, given that there are limitations with regards to database size, how would you optimise the footballing world for a long term career game?

The only proviso is that each continent must be present.

Depends where you want to manage but generally I would actually play by continent and not try to have them all present.

Depending on speed/performance you might even be able to choose between a European and a non-European save.

Personally I tend to group my saves into one of the following:

A) Western European

B) Eastern European

C) South/North American

D) Asian + Australia

I just load every nation, takes away the hours of wasting time considering what nations to leave out.

Last time I did that Alex (Maybe around FM10) I found the save ground to a halt after about 10 seasons with FM crashing every match. Has it improved since then?

From FM12 you can add leagues, so you should start in whatever continent you want to launch your career, then adjust as you gain more notability and want to move.

My current career save I've gone Brazil -> China -> South Korea > Colombia > USA, and after I'm done in the US I'll move to Eastern Europe to start my Euro career.

Archived