Reserves/youths games management

Is there anyway to ensure your reserves/youths get selected and play in the position/instructionsthe way you want, by your assistant/team managers?

Some of my future stars never get selected while some rubbish players are ever present.

I want to train some of my players to play in a specific position and want them to familiarize playing there in the reserve/youth games.

I know I can manage the teams myself but it's too much work and time.

Any suggestion?

The problem that rubbish (even greyed out) players are preferred can come from players not being available despite being in the respective team. Make sure your players are available.

Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to ensure players are used in specific positions. I'd love that feature, though.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but can't you drag the positions in your under 21/under 18 squad on to the player which makes your assistant manager play them there?

Has no bearing unfortunately, even though in previous versions it did.

SI promised a new feature in the lead up to the game's release, whereby you would be able to tell your Reserves/U18 manager to play a player in a certain position. For some reason they don't feel the need to clarify despite repeated posts and requests from people on the topic, no-one can find this feature in the game.

Archived