Unrealistic, or just me?

Does anyone else find FMC14 laughably difficult and unrealistic, or is it just me?

I've played three saves now - Liverpool, Chelsea and Southampton - and had very poor results with each team. I'll often dominate games but end up losing to a series of set-piece goals or defensive errors. This is what is so frustrating. It seems as if I just have to concede during every game. Apart from that, there is no consistency in results!

And no, I'm not using ridiculous tactics. I often go with a controlling 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, systems which I have perfected during my years of playing FM.

So is it well reputed that FMC14 is harder than it should be?

Thanks in advance.

Most people think it is easier... I have had little to no issues with it but I know some do. That being said, these types of threads are in abundance these days so know that it is not only you having such issues! It is a matter of sticking to it until you find something that works well, previous version tactics go out the window sadly, this is the "new" FM, for whatever that is worth. There are some really good tactics around if you wish to download one to try for a basis if you wish. I recommend this one: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/383324-Rainmaker-v2-and-Silk-amp-Steel-v2..........-A-Combined-Arms-approach-to-FM

My last FM game before this was FM07. This is much tougher, you can't run away with titles, and creating a really strong side takes way more time and is harder to do. I find now in season 4 after winning the EPL all three seasons, as well as the UCL (which I'm amazed we have), that I have to be very dynamic with the tactics, as AI teams are really gunning for us and are changing their tactics against me noticeably. I still haven't found a tactic I can stay with as I'm having to tinker from game to game. It can be frustrating to have to change so often, but I guess that's modern football.

Archived