Whats the point!

Friendlies are used to formulate a tactic, build knowledge of this tactic and improve player fitness.

I've started a save as Southampton as there team has great potential and kept to there 4-2-3-1 formation. In the friendlies I've played very well passing the ball around nicely and plenty of clear cut chances leading to plenty of goals.

When it comes to the start of the season though we play like a 3rd division team getting beat by everyone and not creating chances in the process.

I understand the different nature of a competitive match but the change in how we play is massive! The friendlies BTW include wins over full strength Benfica, Porto, Boca and River so not whipping teams.

I admit it will be something in my tactic but its hard to see what when im winning the pre-season games.

Can anyone of you tactic gods please have a look at my tactic and suggest changers.....THANKS

http://snk.to/f-c7pso5fn - Tactic

If you want tactical help then you need to post about the tactic in this thread rather than adding a download link for it. No-one is going to download it in all honesty so its better to present the details via discussion and screenshots.

You should ignore friendly results and how your team is playing because you've still not become fluid in the tactics and players aren't fit. Yes I know you was winning but its same for the opposition too and they normally field weakened sides.

What have you done to see what the issues are during the season? Do you view matches, use the analysis tab, watch clips back etc?

Archived