A Re-Creation thread. Rappan's Verou, Herrera's Catenaccio, can it be done?

For years now the forums have been over-populated with people trying to re-create the supposed 'holy grail' of fm players, the je ne sais quoi of tactics. Yet for me it has always been something different, something that doesn't the pulse racing, a footballing system consigned to the dustbin and the cliche books. For me it has always been about Catenaccio, the ultimate defence, a system that allowed Italian football to experience its heyday, created by Rappan and perfected by Herrera, a system that created such an indomitable defence, that the oppositions attack was rendered useless.

Usually the best way to deal with images is to host them offsite, and link to them here. Imgur, imageshack et al seem to do the business, trying to upload them using the insert image button doesn't work on here as far as I can tell.

BTW, I <3 the catenaccio set up, so I want to see this :p

Usually the best way to deal with images is to host them offsite, and link to them here. Imgur, imageshack et al seem to do the business, trying to upload them using the insert image button doesn't work on here as far as I can tell.

BTW, I <3 the catenaccio set up, so I want to see this :p

Okay I will get on this a.s.a.p

For a team, I would say there are multiples in Italy. I'm playing Fiorentina atm, which has Rodriguez(Libero/sweeper), Pasqual(left wing back), Cuadrado(marauding right side wing back/wide mid). Valero(Regista/playmaker), Rossi(Fantasista). But the likes of Juventus obviously has the players to make a good Catenaccio as do most Serie A clubs.

For Rappan's Verrou, assuming you want a sweeper-RB/DC/LB-3mid-3ATT system... maybe someone like Roma, Atletico Madrid perhaps?

I tried the last 20 minutes of a friendly game as 5-5-0-0-0, 5 defenders and 5 defensive midfielders. it was hilarious, the opposition had no idea how to penetrate eventually throwing long balls without effect. a compact Christmas tree as 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders, 2 midfielders and one attacking midfielder to be tested

Archived