My thoughts about the demo not being released yet

In the case of a piece of software, it's meant to be a demonstration of the final product. A beta is a form of testing for an unfinished product.

This is not a difficult concept to understand :)

as far s I know the Beta is send to testing teams months before the game release

so not sure what if this Beta is the old Demo or not ... the timing of it is in same time as old Demo, am sure Sega would had problems if they allowed VIP access to people in Demo, so they decided to call Beta version ..

beside, the game is already been written to DVDS, shipped and arrived to stores since days (seen a picture in FM page in FB yesterday), so the Final game already finished 1-2 weeks before, am not sure then why SEGA opted for a BETA version release when they could had put the Demo instead .. is ridiculous that we have to wait for a patch, just give us the Demo and it will be patched automatically, I wish if i can play the Demo when is out and can compare it to the Beta before been patched, bcz i have a feeling the quality would had been the same

EDIT: i said enough imo .. that is my opinion if others don't agree, fair enough ;)

am not commenting further

On a lot of game forums you see posts of "just release the beta, I'll test it for you, I don't care how bugged it is, I just want to play around with it".

Then when they do, you still get people sobbing that it's not squared away or released how it should be because them releasing it to you to help test is suddenly 'out of order'. Even when you made a conscious decision to do so.

I'd give myself 30 minutes working for SI before I was sacked dealing with this. And that's only if they wouldn't let me near this for forum for 29 minutes. I've raged in the past from the other side of the fence, but in my defence alcohol is bad trip kids. :) Keep away from it.

Archived