15-year old trashes top clubs in pre-season! What would you do? :)

I am managing Stade d'Abidjan in Ivory Coast and I have a new intake from my academy, including Mamadou Domoraud. He is just 15 and has crappy stats, but well... see it yourself:

9AOz2QQ.png

c11s5Us.png

As you can see, he has only 3,5-star potential (he still has grey-starred current ability). The rivals against whom I played included the mighty ASEC Mimosas, the best team in Ivorian history, and Africa Sports - one of the candidates for winning the championship. Not only has this kid become the top scorer of my pre-season, but also managed to get two assists and two of his goals were against the mighty rivals.

What would you do? I am impressed, but not enough to make him my senior squad player. I think I will let him stay in the U20 team and watch him progress.

I read it as 'trashes club top' and imagined FM had implemented some new degree of realism where youth-prospects who supported other teams were disrespecting the club via instagram or something...

After that your OP was a bit of a let-down.

I'd keep him in the reserve/youth team and then occasionally bring him on as a sub against easier teams. Make sure to give him at least 15 mins though (it seems).

Remember in friendlies they might have been playing weakened teams or had 'relax' style team talks

I've been in a similar position before with a youth player. Had an average at best 17 year old, stuck him on for his debut in a dead rubber at the end of the season and he scored a hattrick. Gave him more responsibility the following season, had him make more sub appearances and gave him starts in a few cup games but he never really lived up to that first game unsurprisingly.

I would say there is no harm in involving him in some games though, some players really come progress after a run of game time.

Well, after a third of a season, Domoraud has 5 goals in his tally for the U20 team and is comfortably their top scorer. However, Stade U20 occupies 8th place in the league, which is way below the first team's potential. They have amazing attacking power, but the defence just sucks. I am short of decent young backmen :(

Archived