Too many draws

Just started a career with L'pool and I just seem to be struggling to draws against lower teams,team morale is high and I'm playing attacking direct football,its driving me mad it just seems impossible to win,pc version is tough but this is taking the biscuit,trying hard to enjoy it but feel like giving up on it

Just started a career with L'pool and I just seem to be struggling to draws against lower teams,team morale is high and I'm playing attacking direct football,its driving me mad it just seems impossible to win,pc version is tough but this is taking the biscuit,trying hard to enjoy it but feel like giving up on it

If you give the forum some more info regarding your tactics and team selection then one of the more tactically minded members might be able to offer you some advice. A good start would be to set out your formation along with team and individual instructions.

• SI Staff

Those are very good records, I don't see too much of a problem. Based on our internal stats we think the number of draws averages out about right, though of course it does vary depending on how you set your team up - personally my teams usually get hardly any draws!

• SI Staff
if my team is playing attacking at home against lower prem teams surely i should not be drawing every other game

Do you constantly attack or do it in spurts, also do you counter attack or just go all out and continually press? ...

If you spurt attacks then its less likely that a team will simply sit back and attempt to soak things up with 10 men behind the ball (which is the hardest to break down) - if you constantly attack and are pressing continually then check if your draws are because you conceed late when your team are tired for instance (so consider easing off towards the end of a match if you're ahead) ....

Personally speaking when playing as a big club I tend to start home matches attempting to play them off the field, if they seem to have shut up shop then I somethings switch things down either to normal or putting 'counter attack on' to try and encourage my team to draw them out a bit more (I've also been known to do 'odd' things to specifically unsettle poorer defenses, set a striker to a defensive forward so he hassles the defense when they have the ball more that sort of thing).

(there are lots of reasons why you might be drawing, if you'd care to give a little more information I'll try and help out as much as possible)

Thanks Marc,I will try your tips,I attack in every game even away to big teams,do u think I should have a few tactics and change game to game to counter the opposition or does that confuse matters for the players. Just a word on the next game do you think their is a good chance we will get more club/manager/player history and records?

• SI Staff
Thanks Marc,I will try your tips,I attack in every game even away to big teams,do u think I should have a few tactics and change game to game to counter the opposition or does that confuse matters for the players. Just a word on the next game do you think their is a good chance we will get more club/manager/player history and records?

It won't confuse players - in FMH its presumed that football players know how to play football and they don't specifically have to learn any 'normal' football tactic so you can switch around tactics as you want without trying to guess if the tactic is flawed or your players just haven't settled into it yet.

PS - I'm afraid I can't talk about future games and confirm/deny/speculate about features (they're watching me ;) ) .... but we do try and listen to peoples requests and ensure everyone enjoys our games :D

Ok Marc thanks for taking time to reply,would be good to have more history stats/player/club records hope it will be in next game,some decent new features in current game,do u know if Ezequiel cirigliano is on the database can't find him anywhere

Tried some of your tips but not helping I struggled at home to reading who are rock bottom in the league and I'm 5th,not saying I want game to be easy but it just seems to hard to change a game or win

• SI Staff

Any way you can give me the save game and I'll take a look and see if I can see anything obviously wrong with your team setup (or any bugs rearing their heads) ...

PS - Out of interest what season are you in? - 5th isn't that bad ..

Archived