Facility Upgrade System Doesn't Make Sense

As the title says. Suppose I'm managing a reasonably high-reputation club with youth facilities that are merely "good" or "average". If I want to create a world-class youth system, to get to a top-quality youth facility, I must upgrade said facilities multiple times in quick succession. Nobody would ever do this in real life.

I've just done this in my Schalke game; my youth facilities were substandard, so we upgraded them to "good" (or whatever the FM equivalent of that is). Then a month later the board approved construction of youth facility improvement, just after the previous work had been completed! This seems to me like building a base in some real-time strategy game -- there's a nice progression there, but not really with any basis in reality.

I propose that "talk to board" is modified such that you can vary the quality of facility you ask for.

tons of other things that dont make sense. injuries? AIs shot on goal vs goal scored ratio? transfers? contracts? agents? there is more....

Not sure how injuries don't make sense but anyway. I think the OP has a good point, you should be able to ask the board to up the facilities to whatever level you like, the worst they can do is say no.

Mentioned this a while ago. I compared it to winning the lottery.

On the sense that if I won the lottery I'd buy a 8 bed detached house and move there with top stuff.

Not go from my 1 bed flat to a 2 bed flat, then to a 2 bed terrace, then to a 2 bed semi etc etc. You get what you can afford.

Archived