What happens when 2 player managed teams play eachother?

The question is in reference to a network game, and it may sound silly but I was just wondering how this would work?

I assume both managers have to be playing FM at the same time for this to work so teams are picked properly etc.

Does it play out like any normal game in terms of the interface?

Considering starting a network game with a few friends and was just wondering.

Any help appreciated :)

Don't know whether this classes as help but a network game against friends can be one of the most fun things to do on FM!

To answer your question - the game works exactly the same way but with a few extra delays - eg both players have to click kick off for the game to start. If one player goes onto their tactics screen then while they are doing this the other manager will be seeing full highlights of the game. Once the player confirms his tactics the selected highlight mode resumes for both players.

The player that sets the game up is the host, and can control various things, such as sending other players on holiday, or forcing them to continue. The processing will be done by the host, so make sure the host is the person with the best computer. Also the host will have the savegames on their computer, this means that they are the only person who can cheat using a save game editor, so if you have untrustworthy friends, or if you yourself are untrustworthy, then be the host.

I would strongly advise you to avoid using an edited database for your network game, I don't own 13 but for as long as I can remember this has caused major problems. You may be able to add some free agents or staff without problems, but don't bother adding/editing things like clubs, competitions, or even things like awards and injuries, often the changes only appear on the host machine, amongst other strange issues. It could all work fine, but isn't worth the risk imo.

Get Skype or something similar and all connect to it while you play. This way you can yell at people to click continue, or smack talk each other during matches.

Say goodbye to real life.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful!

Sounds good for my setup, I am at uni and discovered 2 fellow FM fans and have had various debates about who's had the most successful career, figured this would be a good way to settle it.

I have a PC and my 2 friends have laptops so we will all probably be in the same room, though I may make them leave if there is ever a cup final between us, wouldn't want any managers scuffling over dodgy penaltys now would we? :D

Been playing fm online for years in a number of clans as YKW said the make sure the person with the best pc hosts the game and dont use a edited database it will crash now and again if you do this another good idea from YKW is to use skype been doing this since i started on fm 09.You cant beat a bit of banter when your playing a few m8s plus you will be screaming at ppl to click continue as you get alot of slow ones :D

Oh you will all be on the same net connection am not to sure if that will work m8

Good point, when we get round to setting up it will hopefully work, if not then hopefully there is some way round it.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful!

Sounds good for my setup, I am at uni and discovered 2 fellow FM fans and have had various debates about who's had the most successful career, figured this would be a good way to settle it.

I have a PC and my 2 friends have laptops so we will all probably be in the same room, though I may make them leave if there is ever a cup final between us, wouldn't want any managers scuffling over dodgy penaltys now would we? :D

Myself and 2 friends occasionally get together for a game but we all play it on one computer and play PS3 games at the same time.

Archived