[FM12] Luke's European Adventure

EFC Luke

Hi all, my name is Luke and having been browsing FMCU since early 2009 I thought it was time I start my own thread.

My Save

Database: Large

Players: 42,000

Countries: 9

Leagues: 23

Leagues Loaded (Lowest Active League)

Austria (First Division)

Croatia (Second Division)

England (League Two)

Greece (National B Division)

Italy (Serie B)

Russia (First Division)

Scotland (Third Division)

Spain (LIGA adelante)

Turkey (Second Division)

Aims

My aim is to start at the bottom and work my way up. I don't really have any competition aims as such but I would like to manage in most, if not all, of the countries I have loaded. I support Everton so it would be nice to end up there and if any interesting international jobs become available I might apply for those as well. I am starting off unemployed and will apply for all available jobs. Here is my manager profile and here are the available jobs. I hope you enjoy reading my career.

The day after I had applied for all those jobs I received four job offers. Hereford United, NK HAŠK, NK Marsonia 1909 and FC Nizhny Novgorod. With my career starting in July it meant that only one job offer was from a team whose league campaign was already underway. Nizhny Novgorod are sitting 13th position in the Russian Second Division after 17 games. I decided to reject Hereford on the basis that I don't want to manage in England yet, I also rejected Nizhny Novgorod because the league campaign is already underway and I'd like to start with a team in pre-season. That meant that the two teams left were the two Croatian Second Division teams. After evaluating my options I decided to go with NK Marsonia. Unlike HAŠK they don't have a transfer budget so that poses a challenge before I have even begun.

3l9PBPv.gif

Name: NK Marsonia 1909

Nickname: Marsa

Founded: 2011

Stadium: Stanko Vlajnić - Dida

Capacity: 1,800 (1,200 seated)

o3iLoBT.png

The board expectation is to stay clear of relegation which shouldn't be too hard. Because the club was founded in 2011 we won't we taking part in the domestic cup this season which is a bit annoying but that means there will no distractions whatsoever.

This is the team I have to work with.

VbRXQdC.png

I will be looking to sign a new Goalkeeper and at least two outfield players. With no transfer budget this will be a test but I have inherited a large squad so players will be sold anyway which could generate some funds.

Season Preview 2011/12

The board expectations are simple, stay clear of relegation. My aim is to finish in the top 10. There are 15 teams in this league, one promotion place and four relegation places so it could prove to be a tough league to get out of.

As far as my budget is concerned, I have £0 to spend and the wage bill is £227 over the £2,370 budget. Financially we are in a mess but that isn't a huge issue at the moment.

I only made two transfers because I felt we needed a Goalkeeper and a Central Defender, other than that, the team is looking good and I have confidence going into my first season. There are five players here on loan which I will be keeping until their loans run out.

The tactics I will be using have been created by myself but it would be naive to think that I won't have to change them throughout the season.

My key players are Dejan Misic, Igor Prijic and Tomislav Kljajic.

My first game is against HAŠK, the team I turned down, let's hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

What is the media prediction? I've found that is usually more accurate than the boards expectations. Mid table should be doable unless you have zero luck with injuries etc.

Good luck :)

Media prediction is 10th.

Thanks. :)

Took you a while, still better late than never :D

Haha yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

Why do you call it "Luke's European Adventure" when 2 of the 9 loaded nations are not situated in Europe and you start in one of those 2 countries?

Good luck in Croatia!

I know Turkey is a Eurasian country but I couldn't think of another thread title and Turkish teams are in the Champions League and the national team is in UEFA qualifying so that's good enough for me. :)

Thanks!

Archived