5 things i hope FM 09 gets rid of...

Wtf. Unexpected bumpage. Yowzers.

In other news, Facegen rocks. More faces, more hairstyles. But it's INFINITELY better than a silhouette.

I second this, I love Facegen, it adds personality to the regens. I hope the feature is further improved for 09.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. the dodgy cartoony morphed faces. all i can ask is why? its actually stopped me buying players because of their grotesque ugliness.

2. the tired old match commentary. come on SI, im sure theres better comments than," player y kicks it into row z"

3. the 'blobs' match engine. it was a revelation 5 years ago to the decidedly dodgy spreadsheet graphics but come on. even pacman looks graphically better now.

4. the same old transfer system. lets face it, how many 'managers' nowadays get to actually negotiate the fees for a player or their wages? move with the times.

5. yet another sprussed up transfer update to last years flawed game. we are owed more than that. lets face it, we havent had any decent or revolutionary improvements since CM99/00. im all for "if its not broke dont fix it", but come on!

1. Switch them off. Its not rocket science. ;)

2. Agree :thup:

3. There is 3D now.

4. Its been re-written. Only time will tell if its been really improved.

5. No revolutionary improvements since CM99/00 :confused: Dont know where you've been hiding but what about things like 2D match engine and feeder clubs to name two features. Ok maybe not revolutionary but definitely major improvments. Try something else if your not happy.

If you were to take the transfers out of the hands of the manager it would hurt the game in a big way. Sure its getting more and more towards the board room in real life but there has to be a balance between whats realistic and whats fun.

Not exactly...ask Martin O'Neill...

I want to be "old school" manager, so I want to dictate who to buy, for how much and also negotiate contract and wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why I am posting in here but I feel that the staff of FM have made an unbelievably good game, every negative has a fix to it - the match engine can be turned off, the regens ugly faces can be turned off, etc. All I hope for is something more interesting to happen to the transfer system. The one thing I want support on more than any other is support on selling players, I can sell most players - Vela from Arsenal to Inter for £45 million a few months ago in an old save, but there needs to be more support, more options.

well I want some things changed and some added :)

- AI to stop signing 3 or more players one after another - a team needs a Gk - they sign 3 at a time or within 1-2 weeks even more - team signs 3-4 wingers and not selling their old wingers, so they end with 5-6 right wingers ...

- get rid of scout SPAM, I just need to get FULL scout report, not - 2 messages, one scout and another match report, then I scout again, then I get another 2 messages, then requesting scout report again ...

so what we have: if I scout 100 players, I get 100 useful messages and 500 SPAM messages + requesting scout reports 300 times instead of just 100

- an option, when sending the scout X in previously scouted region from scout Y - don't scout already scouted players that are present in the scout Y list; the option could be called - find different players than scout Y

- scout trail list, a list of players that are scouted every 3 months automatically, and no news item is produced, just scout report is updated

Archived