EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Kozak

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by no1 friends fan:

Just the Dutch left, their certs surely?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greece vs Holland (1-1) 1-1

1st min Choutos 1-0

Davids misses penalty

17th min Ruud van Nistelrooij 1-1

Cup of the Surprises icon_smile.gif

GAME CONTINUES AT SATERDAY 3rd Jan at 12.00 UK time

Cya back then

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As denmark manager i am delighted with my 2-1 win over Germany, Against the germans as they have a far superior side, i was forced to use a 5-4-1 frmation, we sucked up the pressure and got a good few breaks. Delighted with Ebbie Sand's performance, alwasys a top performer and skoubo, was only a last minute replacement for Henrik Petersen so i must say i am delighted, but despite this excellent performance i don't feel this is the approach i need to take to my match against Ireland, they will be a tough cookie, butwe will stick are teeth in.

Match Summary:

Bulgaria 1-1 Czech Republic

Todorov 71 Lokvenc 68

I was happy with the 1-1 draw with Czech Republic. The Czechs took the lead on 68 minutes through Vratislav Lokvenc's header, despite being dominated by Bulgaria for much of the match. 19-year-old wonderkid Anatoli Todorov pulled one back with a quality strike three minutes later. The Czechs were frustrated by Bulgaria's flowing passing and were lucky to finish the match with eleven men on the field after Karel Poborsky's blatant second bookable offence.

Martin Petrov was deserved man of the match, posing a constant threat from free kicks and on the left wing. Bulgaria are now firmly focused on the upcoming tie with Greece, bolstered by the return of Marian Hristov. Anything more than a point against Holland, however, would be considered miraculous.

Being a relative newbie to CMO but a veteran of online gaming, im pleasantly surprised at how smoothly its all ran so far, apart from a slight hiccup with all the players going on holiday and having our squads change back to the default ones. icon_rolleyes.gif . Apart from that much kudos to Kozak and Kuky who have led the line superbly.

Kozak your not by any chance interested in starting another similar game once this one is done with? I would be very interested. icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing who wins later great thread keep the results coming.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by no1 friends fan:

Kozak your not by any chance interested in starting another similar game once this one is done with? I would be very interested. icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing who wins later great thread keep the results coming.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know the CMO-forum is busy to get a structure with more of these sort games organised by the biggest clans in here with lots of spaces for unexperienced CMO guys. Ask Dogs (aka Mr X) for more about this.

Looking forward to seeing who wins later great thread keep the results coming.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are already many clan games (although not in the same tournament format). You might be interested in applying to join some of them (Kozak's World Clan might be one you're interested in as you now know him from this tournament) so speak to some of the founders of these clans. Alternatively you can start your own clan icon_smile.gif

russiajpeg.jpg

Russia: Nigmatullin; Solomatin, Onopko (45min Golovskoy), Ignashevich, Nizhedgorodov, Karyaka; Mostovoi, Yanovskiy, Titov; Beschastnykh, Danishevskiy (60min Sytchev)

spainjpeg.jpg

Spain: Casillas; Salgado, Helguera, César, Navarro; Joaquín (45min Arteta), Baraja, Valerón, De Pedro; Raúl (72min Morientes), Tristan (45min Torres)

Big counter surprise by Kozakov's Russian army:

With some good fight on the field Russia finally got the start they want on a big tournament. However the start looked different with a strong Spain pushing the Russians back. Quality players Baraja, Valerón & Raúl gave themselves a few chances but all were missed or stopped by a good performing Nigmatullin.

In 27th minute it was a counter from Russia. It was the 20 year old Danishevskiy (put Shirko out of the Euro2004 squad) who turned away from his Spanish opponent just within the box. The referee didn't hesitate any moment and went to the spot. With a perfect shot in the right corner there was no chance for Iker Casillas. Beschastnykh showed his coolness there.

From that moment the game became more even, but it was a fast equalizer by Javier de Pedro. Spain had showed their passing quality here so that Nigmatullin had no chance. In the 2nd half the match became totally even. Less chances and lots of midfield play. During the 2nd half their was one man who showed his quality: Karyaka! Playing on the whole left side he had to do much defense this match. But some great dribbles showed his real quality. One of this dribbles ended in a corner, that was perfectly taken by 34year old Mostovoi. It was substitute Sytchev who headed the ball in and made whole Russia and Kozakov crazy.

However Spain tried everything there was only 1 moment of danger with Fernando Morientes shooting over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Manager Kozakov was extremely happy with the win that kept his team full in the fight for the Quarter Finals, however the way is long with matches against favourites Portugal & England to go. He also said he won't start playing more offensive as he thinks "defense" is the only way to survive the first round. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the tournaments groups so far:

Group A

Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

1st France - 1 point

2nd Scotland - 1 point

3rd Italy - 1 point

4th Sweden - 1 point</pre>

Results

France 2 - 2 Scotland

Italy 0 - 0 Sweden

Group B

Table

1st Denmark - 3 points

2nd Norway - 3 points

3rd Germany - 0 points

4th Ireland - 0 points</pre>

Results

Germany 1 - 2 Denmark

Ireland 0 - 1 Norway

Group C

Table

1st Bulgaria - 1 point

2nd Czech Rep - 1 point

3rd Greece - 1 point

4th Holland - 1 point</pre>

Results

Bulgaria 1 - 2 Czech Republic

Greece 0 - 1 Holland

Group D

Table

1st Portugal - 3 points

2nd Russia - 3 points

3rd Spain - 0 points

4th England - 0 points </pre>

Results

Portugal 2 - 0 England

Spain 1 - 2 Russia

England manager sticks 2 fingers upto his doubters! Of course thats a joke but hey icon_razz.gif

The first game was lost 2-0 to a deflected goal and a penalty, Portugal's only other chance was 2 long shots at the keeper. Owen missed some guilt edge chances which would have given the game a much fairer result of a draw. Niall got the breaks at 2 times in the game that were important in a very tight game and good luck to him.

After the 1st round of matches anyone can win still so we've got all to play for today. As for Scott Huckerbey he's a backup, had 1 position to fill cover for both wings and the guys a genius running with the ball.

Overall I created chances against Portugal who of course are playing with home advantage and created more chances and more shots on goal, with better finishing the result may have been completely different. I'm happy because I feel against other teams I'll create more chances and score them, come on!!!!!!!!

Simon 36EE the man for Norway

The Norwegian FA made the strange announcement just 1 month before Euro 2004. Some may see this a strange decision, others may well see this a stroke of genius. 36EE has a fair record at club level, currently he is campaigning in Italy with Serie B team Modena sitting in 4th, he has done a magical job there, and im sure the Norwegian FA can hope he can bring in some new life into the Norway team.

Norway Squad Euro 2004

GKs

Espen Johnsen (Rosenborg) Thomas Myhre (Sunderland)

DEFs

Ronny Johnsen (Aston Villa) Vidar Riseth (Rosenborg) Andre Bergdolmo (Dortmund)

Hassan El Fakiri (Monaco) Jan Gunnar Solli (Rosenborg) John Arne Riise (Liverpool)

Hans Age Yndestad (Tromso) Tommy Berntsen (Lyn) Claus Lundekvam (Southampton)

MIDs

Johnny Hanssen (lyn) Eirik Bakker (Leeds United) Espen Hoff (Odd Grenland)

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Tromso) Magne Hoseth (Molde- Joining Alaves)

Petter Norman Rudi (Austria Vienna) Daniel Berg Hestad (Heerenveen)

STRs

John Carew (Valencia- on loan at Roma) Thorstein Helstad (Austria Vienna)

Eirik Heniminghytt (Oslo Ost) Steffen Iversen (Wolves)

Euro 2004 Matches

Rep Of Ireland 0 Norway 1

John Carew scored a cracking header in the 44min, we played very well, controlled the game well, all looks early, but very tough games to come against Germany and Denmark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

_Norway (36EE Simon) vs Germany (Stev0NUFC)_ (0-0) 0-1

_59th min S.Deisler 0-1_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

failes to mention the fact the lino's flag was up bloody ref gave it icon_frown.gif

we controlled the game very well, and really should have won, strikers failed to convert chances. MUST DO BETTER! crucial game against Denamrk to come, must win!

Ireland - Denmark (0-1) 1-1 no humans playing icon_frown.gif

45th min Morrison 0-1

62th min E.Sand 1-1

Portugal (BelfastNiall) - Russia (Kozak) (1-0) 2-0

21st min L.Figo 1-0

74th min H.Postiga 2-0

icon_frown.gif A very deserved win for Potugal. Poor play by Russia that have two important players banned for the final England match.

Sweden v Scotland

Scotland's second game began brilliantly with a headed Paul Dickov goal and it was much of the same throughout of the match but Kenny Miller missed numerous chances but in the end another shock, but well deserved victory.

Sweden 0 - 1 Scotland

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

_England (Matt Hooker) - Spain (Birk) (0-0) 0-1_

_47th min Raúl 0-1_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

england out with tail beteen legs i think

Oh that was a nightmare.

Story of the game : The Bulgarian keeper getting man of the match after spending 90 minutes wearing a tin hat and flak jacket. Absoloutely battered the Bulgars , but couldnt get anything more than a point from what was a disappointing strikers performance.

The 1 on 1 bug strikes again (keeper makes 7 out of 7 saves).

*sigh*

Group B finals:

Ireland (no Andy Jordan) - Germany (Stev0NUFC) (0-1) 2-2

30th min Klose 0-1

52th min Klose 0-2

74th min Morrison 1-2

90th min Morrison 2-2

Norway (36EE) - Denmark (Royalman) (1-2) 1-2

4th min Laursen 0-1

13th min Berg Hestad 1-1

26th min Gronkjaer 1-2

Final standings:

1.Denmark 3-7pts (5-3)

2.Germany 3-4pts (4-4)

3.Norway 3-3pts (2-3)

4.Ireland 3-2pts (3-4)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guyver:

how many were close range efforts and how many specualtive shots, what were the possesion ratios, pass rations and player ratings,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guyver , your keeper was the only player in your squad above a 7 (admittedly , Van Nistelrooy was the only player in mine above a 7).

Posession means sod all. I can generate a 5-4-1 and keep 80% of the posession, it wont mean i win a damn thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guyver:

how many were close range efforts and how many specualtive shots, what were the possesion ratios, pass rations and player ratings,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guyver , your keeper was the only player in your squad above a 7 (admittedly , Van Nistelrooy was the only player in mine above a 7).

Posession means sod all. I can generate a 5-4-1 and keep 80% of the posession, it wont mean i win a damn thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice to know u know ur opponents icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Group A finals:

Italy (no Dogs) - Scotland (James Newson) (2-1) 2-1

11th min Vieri 1-0

24th min Dailly 1-1

36th min Del Piero 2-1

Sweden (no Superayrunited) - France (Paul Bray) (0-0) 1-0

83th min Ibrahimovic 1-0

Final standings:

1.Italy 3-5pts (2-1)

2.Scotland 3-4pts (4-4)

3.Sweden 3-4pts (1-1)

4.France 3-2pts (2-3)

[This message was edited by Kozak on 03 January 2004 at 14:35.]

Germans go through after a nervy ending to the ireland game. Klose puts ze germans 2 goals up with his first 2 goals of the tourney ( about ****ing time as well) but ireland hit back with a clinton morrison goal and the same player equalises in the 90th minute. Oliver fookin Cant again! Im considering dropping him for the next game

thats bad, 1 goal from 3 games, conceded 3. id have expected holland to top that group with ease, hard lines<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no excuses. Tactically i was fine, generated plenty of chances for the strikers, kept it reasonably tight at the back.

Final game, i had to go for it, and i was caught by a superb counter attacking team. Its realistic in that the dutch have some superb individual players, but they simply cannot function as a unit.

Kluivert is a disgrace , Makaay gets into position but cant hit a donkeys arse, and the less said about "Super Ruud" the better. I should have started Vennegoor and said "Sod the Superstars"

Im through, the unthinkable has happened!

Results

France 2 - 2 Scotland

Thuram McCann

Henry Vieira (og)

Sweden 0 - 1 Scotland

Dickov

Italy 2 - 1 Scotland

Vieri Dailly

Del Piero

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_newson:

Im through, the unthinkable has happened!

_Results_

France 2 - 2 Scotland

Thuram McCann

Henry Vieira (og)

Sweden 0 - 1 Scotland

Dickov

Italy 2 - 1 Scotland

Vieri Dailly

Del Piero

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well done, thats a great achievement

Kozakov hammers the UEFA:

With his draw 1-1 against England Russia should have been through with 4 points. They ended at the same points as Spain. But not the game between each other (2-1 win for Russia) but the goal difference counted. And thats why Russia is out on goal difference icon13.gif.

Quarter Finals:

Germany (Stev0NUFC) - Italy (NO dogs icon_frown.gif)

Scotland (James Newson) - Denmark (Royalman)

Spain (Birk) - Czech Republic (Wee_Ian)

Portugal (BelfastNiall) - Bulgaria (Rdysn)

Superb final group match against a quality Spanish side. Portugal had a bit of an off day and went 2-0 down in the first half.

However a superb fightback in the second half, produced a final score of 2-2.

Portugal won the group comfortably and now face the Bulgarians in the Quarters. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived