EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Kozak

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superayrunited:

Kozak, just tried to enter the chat area on MSN groups, it's been sitting at

"Please wait, connecting to server"

for about 5 minutes. Any ideas what may be wrong?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just try again to connect.

Good luck with this.

People were complaining in the other thread about too many 'regulars' but I think you've got a good balance. It can't be completely noobs because you need a few people to 'guide them through' at first and also you want a good mix so that everyone gets to know eachother. I might apply for one of these in the future icon_smile.gif

lol, i couldn't add any more players to the squad. Here is my first team + subs.

GK - Alexander, N

DR - Ross, M

DL - Murray, M

DC - Wilkie, L

DC - Caldwell, S

MR - Fletcher, D

ML - McCann, N

MC - Maloney, S

MC - Lambert, P

FC - Miller, K

FC - Dickov, P

Subs:

Gallacher, P

Caldwell, G

Crainey, S

Davidson, C

Kerr, M

Smith, J

Burchill, M

France have announced an unexpected name in their European Squad for the defense of their European Championship. A little known Manager from England called Paul Bray, The French governing body felt a change was needed before this championship.

Bray spoke about his appointment:

"I am very pleased to be given such a post as this, It makes me very proud and I hope to retain the trophy although it will be a hard competition especially with the quality of Countries within the tournament"

Bray has also announced his final 22 to take to Portugal to face Italy, Scotland and Sweden in Group A.

"In Goal I have picked Fabien Barthez, Ulrich Reme and Mickael Landreau"

"My Defenders are Mikael Silvestre, William Gallas, Lilian Thuram, Philippe Mexes, Willy Sagnol, Vincent Candela and Boumsong"

"My Midfielders are Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Steed Malbranque, Laurent Robert, Zinedine Zidane, Claude Makelele, Kapo and Jerome Rothen."

"And finally my Attackers are Nicolas Anelka, Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet and Djibril Cisse."

I look forward to a rewarding campaign.

Thankyou.

The Dutch Masters

The nation held its breath when the appointment of a new manager brought a shock non-netherlander to the helm of the mighty dutch. Manager McGuinness promised a return to Total Football, with a hint of Gullit's sexy football thrown in. When someone asked if this meant he was totally sexy, the manager couldnt disagree.

Firstly, the squad was simply too old. Understandably, the experienced campaigners are required at big tournaments, but the decision was taken to replace veteran campaigners Reiziger , De Boer and Ricksen with more talented, younger players like Zonnenveld, Klompe and Oude-Kamphuis , whos quiet yet brilliant performances in the Bundesliga had brought him to the attention of some of Europes big clubs.

Up front, the quandary of Van Nistelrooy and Kluivert loomed once more, but with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Roy Makaay both challengeing for spots, it was felt a rotation of the two would see Holland comfortably. through. In midfield , the dynamo that is Edgar Davids would be crucial, covering the back 3 and releasing the potent wing threat of Van Der Meyde and Robben against unsuspecting and unprepared defences.

In goals, the decision was made to rest star goalie Edwin Van Der Sar for the in form Sander Westerveld. Van Der Sar may have thrown a few plates in private at this, but publicly was fully behind the manager, and on this footing, Holland strode majestically onto the biggest stage in Europe, a nation expecting the return of the Van Basten/Gullit/Rijkaard era. Only time would tell if the orange hordes would once again rule Europe ......

The Dutch Masters

The nation held its breath when the appointment of a new manager brought a shock non-netherlander to the helm of the mighty dutch. Manager McGuinness promised a return to Total Football, with a hint of Gullit's sexy football thrown in. When someone asked if this meant he was totally sexy, the manager couldnt disagree.

Firstly, the squad was simply too old. Understandably, the experienced campaigners are required at big tournaments, but the decision was taken to replace veteran campaigners Reiziger , De Boer and Ricksen with more talented, younger players like Zonnenveld, Klompe and Oude-Kamphuis , whos quiet yet brilliant performances in the Bundesliga had brought him to the attention of some of Europes big clubs.

Up front, the quandary of Van Nistelrooy and Kluivert loomed once more, but with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Roy Makaay both challengeing for spots, it was felt a rotation of the two would see Holland comfortably. through. In midfield , the dynamo that is Edgar Davids would be crucial, covering the back 3 and releasing the potent wing threat of Van Der Meyde and Robben against unsuspecting and unprepared defences.

In goals, the decision was made to rest star goalie Edwin Van Der Sar for the in form Sander Westerveld. Van Der Sar may have thrown a few plates in private at this, but publicly was fully behind the manager, and on this footing, Holland strode majestically onto the biggest stage in Europe, a nation expecting the return of the Van Basten/Gullit/Rijkaard era. Only time would tell if the orange hordes would once again rule Europe ......

England Appoint Hooker As Successor To Sven

Well I guess I really should have the easiest option seeing as I know most English players but I'll wait and see what happens. Usual kinda squad for me with only 1 shock inclusion, Scott Huckerbey to cover for my wingers.

GKS - P.Robinson, C.Kirkland, R.Wright

Defs - A.Cole, W.Brown, S.Campbell, J.Woodgate, R.Ferdinand, P.Neville,

Mids - O.Hargreaves, S.Gerrard, D.Beckham(capt), K.Dyer, J.Cole, S.Parker, S.Huckerbey, P.Scholes, F.Lampard

Strikers - M.Owen, J.Beattie, D.Vassell, W.Rooney

Good Luck Guys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_newson:

lol, i couldn't add any more players to the squad. Here is my first team + subs.

GK - Alexander, N

DR - Ross, M

DL - Murray, M

DC - Wilkie, L

DC - Caldwell, S

MR - Fletcher, D

ML - McCann, N

MC - Maloney, S

MC - Lambert, P

FC - Miller, K

FC - Dickov, P

Subs:

Gallacher, P

Caldwell, G

Crainey, S

Davidson, C

Kerr, M

Smith, J

Burchill, M<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where the hell is McFadden and Stephen Pearson, they are quality.

Kevin McNaughton and Russell Anderson should also be in the squad for defence

EIRE SQUAD

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">4th in World Cup European Qualifying Section Group 3

Squad Screen

| | | | | | | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | Given, S | GK | | | Wnt | Kelly, A | GK |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | Breen, G | SW/D C | | | | Carr, S | D R |

| | Yel | Cunningham, K | D RC | | | | Dunne, R | D RC |

| | Sus | Finnan, S | D/DM R | | | Yel | Reid, S | D/AM RLC|

| | Yel | Harte, I | D L | | | | O'Shea, J | D LC |

| | | Holland, M | D/M C | | | | O'Brien, A | D C |

| | | Carsley, L | DM RC | | | | O'Connor, J | DM C |

| | | Delap, R | M RC | | | | Miller, L | M C |

| | | Partridge, R | AM RL | | | | Mahon, A | AM LC |

| | | Richardson, K | AM L | | | Yel | Keane, R | F C |

| | | Lee, A | S C | | | Yel | Morrison, C | S C |

</pre>

Irish national hero Damien Duff was ruled out for the European Championships with a torn groin, and with his departure most pundits think Ireland are a hopesless bunch led by a clueless rookie manager. The manager himself, Andy Jordan, agreed with this, but was hopeful of at least doing Ireland proud: "We're up against the odds, but hopefully Roy Keane will rally the-- what? Roy Keane won't come back to the squad? Well, I've got to go now!"

Swedish Boss Superayrunited Announces Starting Selection

GK Isaksson, A GK

DR Andersson, C D/DM/F RL

DL Lucic, T D LC

DC Johansson, N D LC

DC Mjällby, J D/DM C

MR Ljungberg, F AM RLC

ML Jonson, M AM/F RLC

MC Linderoth, T DM C

MC Zetterberg, P AM C

FC Pettersson, J F RC

FC Ibrahimovic, Z S C

---

SB1 Hedman, M GK

SB2 Jakobsson, A SW/D C

SB3 Allbäck, M S C

SB4 Elmander, J AM/F RLC

SB5 Osmanovski, Y F LC

SB6 Spong, R SW/D RC

SB7 Dorsin, M D/DM LC

Group A:

France - Paul Bray

Italy - Dogs (Mr X)

Scotland - James Newson

Sweden - Superayrunited

Group B:

Denmark - Royalman (Fred)

Germany - Stec0NUFC

Ireland - Andy Jordan

Norway - 36EE

Group C:

Bulgaria - Rdysn

Czech Republic - Wee_Ian

Greece - Kuky

Holland - Lambies Lovechild

Group D:

England - Matt Hooker

Portugal - BelfastNiall

Russia - Kozakovic

Spain - Birk

Good luck everyone!

I was appointed manager of Spain in this tournament. Looking forward to Euro 2004.

The squad selected and the games begins.

Beeing in a tough group, where the other teams are Russia,England and William Hills favorites Portugal.

Spain meet Russia in first game. The game went underway and the Spains press the Russia side, but couldnt score a goal. Suddenly out of the blue a diver from Danishevski, and penalty. Sad to see that happen in a big tournament, but thats life icon_smile.gif 1-0 Russia. We score to 1-1. That was the score half way during the match. Spain keep pressing the Russians, but no goals.

Away break to the Russians and 2-1 to them.

The game ended 2-1 icon13.gif I must congrats to the Russian manager and for my team icon14.gif

There are some rumours here in Portugal that the referees have meet mr Kozak on a nightclub the night before, but no evidence.

It will now be hard to move on from this group, but we will do our best, and what more can a team do?

Scotland v France

Scotland the certain underdogs here scored in the 1st minute through Neil McCann. The 10 minutes later it was 2-0 through a Patrick Vieira own goal which was just deflected. In the second half Lillium Thuram got one back and with around 1 minute to go, Anelka scored to shatter Scotlands dreams or beating the reigning champions. But whatever happens, this was an amazing result for Scotland! Who needs McFadden ey?!!!

France 2 - 2 Scotland

Hard luck Birk where was Raul? How did England do against the favourites then? I need to know i gotta go work at 5 and im knackered won't be able to sleep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Hooker:

_England Appoint Hooker As Successor To Sven_

Well I guess I really should have the easiest option seeing as I know most English players but I'll wait and see what happens. Usual kinda squad for me with only 1 shock inclusion, Scott Huckerbey to cover for my wingers.

GKS - P.Robinson, C.Kirkland, R.Wright

Defs - A.Cole, W.Brown, S.Campbell, J.Woodgate, R.Ferdinand, P.Neville,

Mids - O.Hargreaves, S.Gerrard, D.Beckham(capt), K.Dyer, J.Cole, S.Parker, S.Huckerbey, P.Scholes, F.Lampard

Strikers - M.Owen, J.Beattie, D.Vassell, W.Rooney

Good Luck Guys<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GK's fair enough,

DF i'd have dropped brown for Glen johnson and woodgate for terry

mid no nicky butt and huckerby, hes a non league has been, bad choice

otherwise okish squad. but if you dont pick best 11, england will get hammered in that tournament

Denmark 2 Germany 1

Boo hiss....Ebbe sand heads the danes into the lead after giving Oliver Cant the "eyes" but ze germans retaliate when Michael Ballack trips over his bottom lip inside the danish penalty area. He slotted home the resulting penalty 1-1. 90th minute and the danes get a breakaway and win a corner, whipped in and Oliver Cant goes walkies again, bam! 2-1 to the danes game over.

**** poor performance by my side which probably boils down to me 2 forwards Jermaine "The jazz singer" Jones and Miroslav "EEE Aww" Klose not being able to hit a **** house door banging in the wind

First result of tonight:

Germany vs Denmark (0-1) 1-2

7th min Sand 1-0

77th min Ballack (pen) 1-1

92th min Skoubo 1-2

Ireland vs Norway (0-1) 0-1

42th min Carew 0-1

Portugal vs Scotland (1-0) 2-0

28th min Figo 1-0

83th min Emerson (pen) 2-0

Spain vs Russia (1-1) 1-2 icon_razz.gif

27th min Beschatnykh (pen) 1-0

32th min De Pedro 1-1

88th min Sytchev 1-2 icon_cool.gif

France vs Scotland (0-2) 2-2 icon_biggrin.gif

1st min McCann 0-1

14th min Vieira (own goal) 0-2

64th min Thuram 1-2

89th min Anelka 2-2

Italy vs Sweden (0-0) 0-0

Portugal got off to a winning start in Euro 2004 in their opening game against Matt Hooker's England team.

A 2-0 victory was sealed by a Figo goal and a late Emerson penalty. However with two tough games against Spain and Russia to come, the Portugal manager still feels that to reach the Quarters would be an achievement in itself...

Especially after watching hot favs Italy and France struggle against Sweden and Scotland respectively icon_wink.gif

Raul was sub in 72 minut, had to try something.

Will ask some people here " Why is everyone picked at Scott Huckerby in the England squad ?" Cant understand that, he will do the job in the game. I know hes overrated, but hes in the cm series so why shouldnt he be picked But thats my opion icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by no1 friends fan:

Scotland are on fire! What odds are they to go all the way? <Reaches for the wallet><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know the odds mate but i'd still put a bet on them icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by no1 friends fan:

Never heard of him did he even play? Thought he was a back up? Would be interested to see who played.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GK Robinson (4)

Defense:

W.Brown

A.Cole

R.Ferdinand icon_razz.gif

S.Campbell

Midfield:

S.Gerrard

K.Dyer

D.Beckham

J.Cole

Attack: