Tactic question.... short and sweet

I have been trying to get into this game since release and as much as it pains me to say, I cannot get to grips with tactics.

I am managing Liverpool and I am embarrassingly in the relegation zone. This is after buying the likes of Kyle Walker, David Alaba, Douglas Costa, Demba Ba, Stevan Jovetic!! (I sell alot to)

Last year I was quite happy with my tactic and used this in most games, I had changed most individual settings and seemed to have success.

I understand the match engine has come on leaps and bounds and this is no longer possible (for the good of the game). I agree with this.

My question to you is should I be adjusting any settings on my tactics or just leaving as default after using the tactic creator? I seem to be reading mixed views on this. Are there any things in particular that I shouldnt touch and any that I should?

I am determined to enjoy this game!!

Thanks

Can't tell you unless you post a description of your tactics. Experience tells me that you will either be a) totally undermining mentality coherence, b) channeling play to a single target, which the AI can easily defend or c) both of the above.

Ok so my tactic was initially a 4-2-3-1 but I have decided I now want to play with 2 strikers.

I am going to setup a 4-4-2. I would setup as control and fluid at home and balanced and standard away. In the past I used short passing, zonal marking, more expressive creativity, press more.

I am now thinking of leaving everything default and just using the strategy and philosophy. The only individual changes I am making are removing long shots from everyone, removing tight marking for my CBs.

I will use a GK, Fullbacks - Support, Centre Backs - Defend, Wingers - Support, CM - Defend, Deeplying playmaker -Support, Target Man Support and Poacher.

I think that makes sense, let me know if not :-)

I have been trying to get into this game since release and as much as it pains me to say, I cannot get to grips with tactics.

I am managing Liverpool and I am embarrassingly in the relegation zone. This is after buying the likes of Kyle Walker, David Alaba, Douglas Costa, Demba Ba, Stevan Jovetic!! (I sell alot to)

Last year I was quite happy with my tactic and used this in most games, I had changed most individual settings and seemed to have success.

I understand the match engine has come on leaps and bounds and this is no longer possible (for the good of the game). I agree with this.

My question to you is should I be adjusting any settings on my tactics or just leaving as default after using the tactic creator? I seem to be reading mixed views on this. Are there any things in particular that I shouldnt touch and any that I should?

I am determined to enjoy this game!!

Thanks

In-match situation is dynamic, so any changes to default settings makes some reactions impossible. When you hit opponent with goal or two he reacts and this reaction determines your next tactical move. If you have burden of manual settings you can't react quickly or adequate enough...

Sounds logical. I can handle not making changes to individuals but would you recommend changing the passing style and marking etc or would this also be setup to work best with the roles I have selected?

One thing I would say is, the centrebacks I always find getting pulled out of position. Would you recommend taking tight marking off or reducing the closing down perhaps?

Sounds logical. I can handle not making changes to individuals but would you recommend changing the passing style and marking etc or would this also be setup to work best with the roles I have selected?

One thing I would say is, the centrebacks I always find getting pulled out of position. Would you recommend taking tight marking off or reducing the closing down perhaps?

It's not a problem of separated marking style or closing down - it's AI's strategy to pull your DCs out of position by ineffective chasing. You leave space and AI exploits it. You should either pin them down to their own area or be cautious and wait for counter - if you are undecided AI makes decision :)

I'd look to give one FB and one midfielder an attack duty so they move up through the lines. I'd then look at the team comparison tab and see what strengths/weakness your side has against the divisional average and make adjustment / build shout combos to take advantage. Don't tick any overrides except GK distribution, playmaker and targetman settings (should you want to). Then save the system two more times, so you have three different strategies you can switch between.

Once you've done that, watch a full games in full to see if things are working (ignore the lack of final third pressing, which is a bug). Have a look at how well / badly each strategy works. Experiment with a few other shouts if things aren't exactly right. Be prepared to play a far more direct game in bad weather and play anti-football if your team is having a bad day.

I have changed the Target man to a deeplying forward on support. Would that help link the midfield and strikers? Plus, surely the wingers will help getting forward. Or would they?

The main advantage of 4-4-2 are wings. You can't dominate central midfield against 4-5-1 but you can channelise a game to wings if your team is good enough. Kyle Walker is a beast as att. fullback so use him and on other flank use winger attack. As MCr use CM/d to cover Walker's runs and as MCl use B2B or Adv.Playmaker (or another role with some forward runs).

Archived