A Glass half full or A Glass half empty!Journeyman career (FM13).

Champfan10

End Of Chapter 1

Goodbye Frigg

I decided shortly before the start of the season I would be looking around to see what jobs are going, this proved to become a distraction. As an example I applied for the Shelbourne job in Ireland and they were flattered but after 3 weeks they appointed somebody else, in this period I had 4 games which I didn't make changes as my mind was in Ireland so the results reflected this. Anyway I got to June the 1st and thought enough is enough and I handed in my resignation.

Friggresign.jpg

I left Frigg bottom of the table but with a better squad than they've had recently and a real chance of staying up.

friggfinaltable.jpg

Now I would be looking to leave the Norwegian shores onto another challenge, so I've applied for a few jobs and I'll let you know where I end up.

Chapter 2

Sweden

jonkopings.jpg

So as soon as I resigned from Frigg I applied for all the available jobs as I wanted to get straight on to the next chapter in my career and I was soon offered a role that appealed to me, in nearby Sweden. Here's the offer:-

jonkopingsjob.jpg

I accepted, Jonkoping's Sodra seems to have a great amount of potential and I liked the contract stipulation that I should bring players through the Youth team and aim for promotion, here's what the chairman said:-

The club are currently midtable but could finish at either end of the table due to the amount of games left, obviously I know which end I will be aiming for and which end the chairman wants us to end up at, so we need to aim for top 2:-

1stdivelite.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have an assistant manager so I can't show you the quality in the squad until I get one, but in the meantime heres the background of the club and a little look at the 5200 capacity stadium.

history.jpg

Stadsparksvallen.jpg

jonkopings.jpg

June 2014 Update

Fixtures

junefix.jpg

I had 3 games to play this month, 2 at home and 1 away. I set my team up in my familiar 5-1-2-1-1 wing back formation as I wanted to look at the team without taking to many risks, we drew the home games 0-0 and won away 2-1 which lifted us up to 7th still 4pts behind 2nd.

Table

junetable.jpg

After theses games an assistant manager was brought in and he gave me the following team report, as you can see the squad depth is very limited and the first position I will be looking to fill is left wing back and despite having funds at my disposal the amount of interested players is very limited.

Assistants Team Report

jonkopsquad.jpg

jonkopings.jpg

July 2014 Update

Fixtures

julyfix.jpg

3 wins out of 4 represents a good month, we beat Brage & Assyriska while they was top of the table but the loss to Varnamo was unexpected and unlucky but these things happen, it means we've only had 1 loss in the 7 I've been here so hopefully we can keep that record going and push on for promotion.

Table

julytable.jpg

I also managed to set 2 transfers to come in at the beginning of August, a left wing back and a centre back but they will be included in the next update.

jonkopings.jpg

August 2014 Update

Results

augfix.jpg

5 league games this month with 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss which isn't the best return, however it did put us into 2nd place which is great. We also won our 2nd round cup game on penalties.

Table

augtable.jpg

Transfers

August is the mid season transfer window in Sweden and I brought in 3 player:-

Transfers.jpg

Joel Low a 27 year old defensive midfielder, he will slot straight in the team and should become a real important player for me.

Jonas Nilsson a 30 year old centre back, he's good in the air and should help us defending set pieces where the majority of my teams goals have been conceded on FM13.

Ahmet Ozdemirok a 33 year old left wing back, he will be a starter as there's no one else suited to that role. Strong defensively as well as attacking so should do well.

Remaining Fixtures

emaindingfix.jpg

So we now have the squad to take us into our run in, we have 6 games left and basically were in the position where promotion is in our own hands. I would say that we have god one of the better run ins!

jonkopings.jpg

2014 Season Update

Champions!

final2014fix.jpg

Well from my last update we had 6 games to go, I expected we'd need to win 5 or 6 to win the league and after drawing the first 1-1, I thought we couldn't afford to drop any more points, we won the next game but then struggled to a draw against Vasby but then followed this up for a win and it meant we needed a win away Sleipner to keep our title dreams alive but we went down 1-0, however the teams around us didn't take advantage so we went to basement club Landskrona knowing a win would mean we take the title and automatic promotion and our star midfielder from N.Ireland Daryl Smile score a goal from outside the 18yd box and we held on meaning we won the league, my second title as a manager!

final2014league.jpg

Our squad wasn't the strongest so reinforcements will be needed over the summer ready for our assault on the Premier League, learning from my experience at Frigg I will be looking at alternative formations to.

final2014squad.jpg

jonkopings.jpg

2015 Pre Season Review

Swedish Premier Division

Transfers

2015transfers.jpg

Many players signed, a mixture of youth, squad, first teamers and player/staff.

First Team:-

- 23 year old Swedish centre back, will be a starter.

- 24 year old left back or wing back will fit in well with my plans to rotate formations.

- Algerian winger, comfortable on either side, adds flair to the wings and at 24 should be a starter for as long as I'm here.

- 28 yr old underrated by my coached IMO, he will hopefully form a decent partnership with Daryl Smylie.

- Versatile 23 year old Canadian who will probably be used at right back when I use a flat back 4.

Squad:-

Anders Carlsson - 30 year old centre back from Sweden, should be around the first team.

Alexander Radesjo - 27 year old right wing man, will add width when I play with wingers.

Niklas Klingberg - Flexible centre midfielder, will be a good substitute to have due to his versatility, 29 years old.

Prospect:-

Adam Janselius - 19 year old centre back with the potential to break into the first team by the end of the season.

Jani Larsson - 17 year old striker, will get action in the cups and has a little bit of promise that may well serve him well.

Mikael Cosic - Another 17 yr old striker, naturally fit and will also play in the cups this season.

Abdo Mahmoud - 18 year old centre back, determined and strong marker, may get minutes if I opt for 3 centre backs.

Christoffer Nordin - 17 year old attacking midfielder and left winger, will probably get more minutes out wide for me, looks a real prospect.

Mikael Angman - 17 year old tricky AMC/AMR who like Nordin will probably get more minutes out wide and again a massive prospect.

Staff:-

Wesley Pipico:- 29 year old Brazillian striker, will be starting up front but is also the U19s manager.

Eduardo Ferreira:- 31 year old Braxillian centre back, who will be a leader when picked and when he's not bust with his DOF duties.

Cerea:- Scout from Brazil that recommended Pipico, won't be looking to use him unless theres an injury crisis.

Osmar:- Player Coach from Brazil, he may be used now and again if I opt for wing backs in my team

The signings leave the squad looking well, a large squad but I want the youth players around the first teamers to get that experience.

2015squad.jpg

Friendlies

2015preseason.jpg

Started off with 3 weaker teams, which we dispatched of easily the we played AGF who was 2nd in the Danish Super Liga and beat them deservedly We then had 3 games against clubs who are in the Premier division, I was quite happy with the games despite the results.

Facilities Upgrade

youth.jpg

In line with my contract terms, I decided to ask if we could invest in youth and the chairman happily obliged. Which left the finances still in a decent shape.

2015finance.jpg

Archived