Converting from FM10 to FM13 DBC/XML files

Al Clark

• SI Staff

I hope someone can help here.

A couple of year back (for FM10) the FMNA community undertook a massive expansion of the soccer world for the game including pretty much everything from MLS to D5, NCAA as well as the equivalent in Canada with CSL, PCSL, reserve league and the CIS.

This was an enormous amount of work (especially NCAA which has over 200 teams at D1 level alone), and I'm hoping some/most of it could be salvaged and brought into FM13. I just have no idea how.

Some of the work is definitely lost - the master file had too many other changes (players mainly) to be usable, but much of the work was done a conference at a time and is stand alone ready to be merged into a new master file.

If anyone can help me with this I would be extremely grateful. We're about to start this project again but hope we can save some time at least by not having to reinvent the wheel. Surely people who are doing annual versions of England to 12 level of the pyramid etc aren't redoing everything every year?

All insights are welcome.....and if anyone wants to help on this gargantuan project (which numbered over 40,000 DB changes last time IIRC) would be gladly received over at www.fmnorthamerica.com

Cheers

Al

I'm of no help here, but would certainly like to hear the answer. I've skipped a couple of FM's since 2010, but have been enjoying my African and Caribbean leagues that I created back then. Would very much like to update them for the 2013 seasons, but time restraints means that I'm probably not going to have enough time to recreate them from scratch. Loading up the previous files and doing necessary changes would be more feasible.

• SI Staff
This will help. It will not load all data, but at least you should be able to load the file into the 2013 editor:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/325024-Uploading-FM12-editor-data-to-FM13-editor

I saw that thread but it's for FM12? I'm assuming something will be different?

All you can do is to try. There were also some major changes in the editor between FM2010 and FM2012. I started my current league file from scratch with FM2011 and had to adjust it for FM2012. Without the converting in the above thread I could not load my FM2012 file into the FM2013 editor. If you are lucky you could at least convert and load some of the added content, but you will lose a lot of things, like stadiums not assigned to the club etc.

First your have to load the FM10 file into the FM11 editor using last patch/database and correct any errors that have occurred with the db updates, then load the FM11 file into the FM12 editor and repeat FM11 instructions and then load the FM12 file into the FM13 editor and again repeat previous steps, but even then you may lose some data that will need re entering, even though the original file is large it would probably be quicker to start from scratch.

• SI Staff
First your have to load the FM10 file into the FM11 editor using last patch/database and correct any errors that have occurred with the db updates, then load the FM11 file into the FM12 editor and repeat FM11 instructions and then load the FM12 file into the FM13 editor and again repeat previous steps, but even then you may lose some data that will need re entering, even though the original file is large it would probably be quicker to start from scratch.
Teh master file will never work. What I was hoping is where we have put in, for example, one league from scratch (teams mainly- kits, rivalries, financials, etc..) and were then importing that into the master DBC file that these stand alone components could be converted. They're not relying on anything in any of the databases (not staff, stadiums etc....as was all in from scratch as there's no trace of this stuff in the official DB). I don't understand why in that kind of situation it couldn't all just be put together again. I dunno...I guess this is the point.

I don't even seem to have access to the FM10 or FM11 editor on steam. W here would I even get that at this point?

I found a NA 1.05 version (which was also made with FM2010) and loaded it into FM2012 editor and than converted it into the FM2013 editor.

Database changes and failures:

awards 773 / 11

Cities 660 / 56

Clubs 13494 / 2154

Comp. 1849 / 120

It does not look that bad.

• SI Staff
I found a NA 1.05 version (which was also made with FM2010) and loaded it into FM2012 editor and than converted it into the FM2013 editor.

Database changes and failures:

awards 773 / 11

Cities 660 / 56

Clubs 13494 / 2154

Comp. 1849 / 120

It does not look that bad.

Interesting indeed.

So I don't need the FM2010 editor? Or woudl I still need that to convert the DBC to XML to start? Any idea where i could locate it?

You can first load the dbc into the 2012 editor, than save it uncompressed as xml, manually change the mentioned ID from 54 to 55, than load it into the FM2013 editor.

I'm guessing no, but would it be possible to load a fm07 database onto fm13 editor?

No, because the way the database works is different since FM2010. In earlier version you did edit the original database, now you edit your own file, which overwrite the original database when loaded into the game.

Archived