stat depreciation in training

I dont understand how a players ability will go down when firstly, they are injured, and secondly, when they are on a summer break. Why would a players technical or mental stats go down? Even physical stats to be honest aswell. A players 'fitness' i.e his match practice, would be rubbish with unprofessional players, but with model pro's, they will train throughout the summer regardless of being in the squads training regime. Too often you find your players come back from their breaks and they have and gone down with their development.

Another odd thing about training and development is some stats dont progress like others. Yeah, you would figure some dont, like for example physical stats when a player gets to an older age. But im not talking about that. Theres some kind of weird thing where, for pure example right from the top of my head, you get a less than 6 foot CB, e.g 5'10", and his jumping is low, so you want to improve it. Its nigh on impossible to do it. As soon as you put his focus on another attribute, he shoots up in that. And this could be a really young player, not an age related physical thing.

Another thing is the goalkeeper rushing out attribute. Its in the training set. And i use an intensive workload in its category (almost certain it is tactics training), but ive had a very talented young keeper on that regime for years and hes gone up in the other attributes, become very good, but not gone up a single point in that attribute. I dont get that. If its an attribute that cant be worked on via training, why is it in the training group?

Players stats and skills will go down over a long injury period and the break in the season, Aaron Ramsey has only just come out and said he is starting to get back to where he was before he broke his leg. Regarding the break the more professional player will see a drop in attributes but it should be at a lower rate.

Whilst I don't know the exact numbers but different attributes have different weighting for different positions. If your GK is slow and not quick off the mark i.e. Pace and Acceleration then his Rushing Out attribute would suffer has a result (I should imagine). Has for the jumping with the CB I have seen mine increase ok not a great deal, but what you got to remember is that the players mentality and personality will come into play and the level of you coaches, training facilities and playing time, all these will have a direct influence on how quick a player is going to develope.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived