Global bans - after you've signed them and played games?

Hi guys,

Quite annoyed that this did not only happen to me once but twice in the same save and in the same team on fm2012. I'm Houston Dynamo and i've signed Arne Freidrich as a designated player and Wilder Medina on a deal. Medina played all pre season games and the first few games of the MLS season, and up pops next to his name on tactics he has a global ban until middle of 2012. (decided to start in december 2010 btw). as a starting forward and me not having many because of wage cap, i was just getting by. Now in June 2011 on the game, after playing half a season and all pre season games, Arne Friedrich is now the same. I could realese them/put them on waivers, but because i think they banned, they still count towards my salary cap even if i do that, so i can't even replace them.

The annoying thing is if i knew this was going to happen before hand, I wouldn't of signed them. Would of thought football manager would of included that in instead of messing up a very good save to this point. anyone the same or had similar stories?

Really? They are two players I considered signing for my Seattle side but opted against Friedrich as injured to begin with, plus I already had 3 DP's.

(Side note I attempted to sign him half way through the season and he still wanted Very high wages and to be a DP something I couldnt do. Then after ive just finished my first season with Seattle I checked with him and again and couldnt believe it, he was interested still but only wanted a senior entry contract at £500 p/w! A massive drop. Fair enough hes now in his early 30's so will be on the decline but his CA makes him still the 2nd best player in my squad and easily one of the best defenders in the league. At £500 p/w I cant miss the chance to sign him.)

When does his global ban end. Cant say I ever noticed it pop up on mine as I checked his status regularly through the first season in the MLS. Hope I have not just made a massive mistake!

See with Houston there wasn't any designated players so i took the plunge seeing at the time when looking at him, there was no injuries or no bans (so i thought!) played a quarter of the season, next thing i know i see a suspension next to his name and a global ban until the end of the year so..31st December 2011. i suppose i can wait it out with him, just annoying that he's on the biggest contract in the team and he's not playing. but with what you said, i might try and negotiate a contract to put him on a senior entry! Medina...looks like an 18 month ban, he doesn't come back until after second season it looks like! so i found any unhappy player at a mls club, just to get rid of the salary of medina, and someone traded me for him for eddie johnson, the seattle sounders player, former FM legend. he's pretty bad stats wise but he's scored 3 in 3 for me now so i don't know what to make out of this whole mess, i suppose i'll only get a team that i properly want when the new season comes around!

Eddie Johnson is a FM legend then went to the UK and it all went horribley wrong. Pleased to say in Real Life hes on fire again right now for Seattle and recently in the MLS All star match scoring the winner.

On the game he was only a bit part player in my season with Seattle. As I finished first that then meant I would pick last in the superdraft missing out on the best talent so I offered a few players out to MLS clubs (Johnson one of them) and Chivas came back offered there first round superdraft pick, which was also the very first pick of the draft as they finished bottom. No bad business as I picked up the best regen in the draft and with huge PA im confident I made the right choice.

Im assuming the global ban may (only assuming now ive thought more about it) have something to do with Friedrich injury. For example most people start FM12 on an in game date of july - ish 2011. Friedrich starts off injury etc.....however when you start an MLS season you begin in Jan 2011, which is annoying as the rest of the world sort of just pretends its playing until the summer time. Assuming his injury is program in to occur around half way through your MLS season when he got injured in Real life.

Archived