Creating a Player

Be interested on a breakdown of media handling style as I have just brought in a DC who has media handling as Volatile. Board say he is a bad signing and fans think he will be a disruption.....are there any positives to Volatile and what others should I look out for in future!!!!

Volatile's pretty bad. It means the player has low Temperament and that his other hidden personality attributes are not high enough to give him another description. The full list of Media Handling Styles can be found in this thread, along with the personalities.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Volatile's pretty bad. It means the player has low Temperament and that his other hidden personality attributes are not high enough to give him another description. The full list of Media Handling Styles can be found in this thread, along with the personalities.

Romanista. Higuain is one of the best CF tutors on the game. 16 Determination Evasive Reserved Media handling and resolute iirc.

This is pretty much a perfect combination for any youngster!

I posted Sara up originally to get a view on him from the masses and hopefully to provoke some debate in regards to how we choose to mould our players and why. And also to a larger extent of how we view our players. I'm sure many of you will know the phrase "one man's trash is another mans treasure" and I find this works perfectly in FM. I think the true skill is in seeing the value in all players and trying to find a way to get the most out of them.

If we can't get everyone posting there prospects up and discuss them then I think we as a collective can improve by learning from one another. I don't think there is a "wrong" way when it comes to attribute distribution as it all depends on the bigger picture.

Sorry for the ramble :D

PS i'll upload more next week! hopefully in the mean time we can get everyone elses prospects up and dissect them and make this thread as lively as the awesome OP deserves!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bit of a training dilema on my hands, so I thought I should post about it here, I have this player who is a striker/wide forward, he have very good defensive attributes for a player of this type which I find intresting since it gives me more tactical options, however if I keep training in the manner I currently do, I will also run the risk of using CA on attributes that might not be the most important once for the role he is suposed to play, so far I have given him a pretty general style of training (basic forward training + quickness training), so should I just keep going with the current style or go for individual training with no defensive focus at all?

2020Uriguen.png

What level of player does four star potential equate to in your team? That would be good to know whether the level of ability he could reach would warrant distributing his skillset differently. Anyway, I think I'd go with the same approach as you. That kid could become a physical beast with a bit of work on his pace, accelleration and agility and coupled with his good defensive attributes and high work rate he would be a great tactical asset to have in any team. Another thing would probably be dropping his strength category to a very low level as he's already great in that area and you could probably channel some of that inevitable growth into other areas of his game.

Unless you're lacking a purely attack-minded striker you'd be best of maximising the tactical options available to you and turning Uriguen into a player that can fulfill a specific role in the team.

What level of player does four star potential equate to in your team?
about as good as these two:

2019Remirez.png

2019Muniain.png

mind these two screens are about a game year old, but since they had both pretty much peaked already the attributes should still look very similar and im to lazy to take new screens right now

Another thing would probably be dropping his strength category to a very low level as he's already great in that area and you could probably channel some of that inevitable growth into other areas of his game.
this was one thing I did not think of, I could probably get away with dropping strength a fair bit and replace it with more aerobics and tactics training
Unless you're lacking a purely attack-minded striker you'd be best of maximising the tactical options available to you and turning Uriguen into a player that can fulfill a specific role in the team.
well I lack a direct replacement for Llorente (who'em is kinda old by now at 35), and Uriguen is probably the only youngster I have that I can mold into a similar player, but on the same time I feel that would be a waste of his ability to play wide on both sides, the crossing and the defensive attributes he already have (which could offer an intresting option out wide), and I started moving to a different tactical shape a few sessions back to make up for the lack of world class targetman/playmaker (Llorente is pretty much both of those on the same time), and also the lack of a direct replacement to Gurpegi (who is calling it a day at the end of my current session at the age of 40)

about as good as these two:

2019Remirez.png

2019Muniain.png

mind these two screens are about a game year old, but since they had both pretty much peaked already the attributes should still look very similar and im to lazy to take new screens right now

this was one thing I did not think of, I could probably get away with dropping strength a fair bit and replace it with more aerobics and tactics training

well I lack a direct replacement for Llorente (who'em is kinda old by now at 35), and Uriguen is probably the only youngster I have that I can mold into a similar player, but on the same time I feel that would be a waste of his ability to play wide on both sides, the crossing and the defensive attributes he already have (which could offer an intresting option out wide), and I started moving to a different tactical shape a few sessions back to make up for the lack of world class targetman/playmaker (Llorente is pretty much both of those on the same time), and also the lack of a direct replacement to Gurpegi (who is calling it a day at the end of my current session at the age of 40)

Sometimes it's a good thing when a player like llorente retires. It gives you the chance to take your tactics into a different direction entirely.

You've done a great job on Munain mind

• 2 weeks later...

With that attribute spread you'd want him to become a poacher eventually, he has the speed, the movement and the finishing to do it, but he isn't fully there yet. Get him focusing on his composure, so that he feels more comfortable under pressure when he gets into good positions and then you could also focus on attributes like agility (to add to his movement and speed) and technique, first touch, dribbling to make his general play more effective. Then, when you're satisfied with those attributes increasing his pace and accelleration a bit more could be an option, but his training schedule will be raising those anyway. Two other things that I'd do with him are having him tutored and playing him on the wing at first (although he should end up upfront eventually unless he is fantastic out wide) to ensure that his ratings suffer less from being crowded out by defenders/missing chances under pressure. If you have him skinning slow fullbacks consistently he could even end up with high ratings early on, which aids his development.

In terms of an actual training schedule I'd say lower medium for strength, higher medium for aerobic, shooting, ball control and attacking (depending on how he's developing and the level of workload that he ends up with you can raise the latter two to a higher level) and very high tactics training. Defensive can go to none, so that space is freed up by lowering his attributes there.

Archived