A Dazzling Career (Well, Maybe...)!

DazRTaylor

FC VOLENDAM

SEASON PREVIEW 2012-2013

Not much has happened with pre season. I signed a few free transfers, released a few but the spine of my promotion winning side stayed with me. I managed to get four of the five "Contract Rebels" to sign for another season - I guess European Football was a temptation.

Competitions

League - I am expecte to avoid relegation. Fair enough, same with me!

Dutch Cup - The board dont care and neither do I.

Europa League - THe board have no expectations and want me to enjoy the experience. Personally, I will be happy with the group stage.

First match was a 3-2 defeat to Ajax in the Super Cup. To be honest, as this is played at the Amsterdam ArenA, I am delighted with how we perfomed. It bodes well.

That raises an interesting thing, I've played the German Super cup matches at home (and I think the same happened in Hungary as well), ditto for the Europa League final (which said San Siro in the tournament screens, though the match info screen says its at our place), while the BSN playoff final many moons ago was at opponents Nuneaton, so I think there's an issue with games at neutral venues. On the flip side, my England Euro games all had an 'N' for neutral even when we were at Wembley, whereas previous games made the distinction when you were playing 'away' to tournament hosts.

That raises an interesting thing, I've played the German Super cup matches at home (and I think the same happened in Hungary as well), ditto for the Europa League final (which said San Siro in the tournament screens, though the match info screen says its at our place), while the BSN playoff final many moons ago was at opponents Nuneaton, so I think there's an issue with games at neutral venues. On the flip side, my England Euro games all had an 'N' for neutral even when we were at Wembley, whereas previous games made the distinction when you were playing 'away' to tournament hosts.

The Blue Square North was not a problem, in real life, the team that finishes the highest out of the two finalists hosts the final. If that makes sense?

Archived