The Worst Team in Ireland.

P O\'D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 2018

We made the short trip to United without Kompany, Gauna and Busquets.

Premier League - Man United 2-1 Man City - First minute of the game and Van der Wiel limps off in the 1st minute. Sean Allen quietened Old Trafford on 20 minutes of a tight tie. This only kicked our hosts into life and United took the game to us. It was more backs to the wall in the 2nd half and eventually Rooney broke through and levelled the tie 10 minutes after half time. 15 minutes later Hernandez put United in front. We finally awoke and Allen wasted 2 great chances to level before the end as the title race was once again wide open.

Premier League - Man City 2-1 Stoke City - Colman ended his barren spell to open the scoring early on and Aguero gave us our usual two goal half time lead. Stoke hit back 5 minutes after the restart after Guyots mistake before Shawcross saw red for blatantly pulling back Aguero when through. Stoke continue to have the better of it, even with a man down and probably deserved a point.

FA Cup Round 3 - Man City 3-0 Burnley - Aguero, Rangel and Petrushin ease us past Burnley.

New signing Graveto has arrived in an £ m deal.

Fa Cup - We have drawn Birmingham in Round 4.

Premier League - Blackburn 0-5 Man City - Petrushin with the opener, Colman with the second and Aguero with the 3rd for game over at half time. Petrushin again for the 4th before sub Gauna's 5th capped a wonderful performance.

Premier League - Man City 4-0 Bristol City - Colman on 12 minutes after what seemed like an hour of clear cut chances was quickly followed by an og. Aguero's 20 yard freekick made it 3 at the interval. Graveto's first for the club made it 4 after the interval

League Cup - Stoke will meet Arsenal in the final.

February 2018

FA Cup Round 4 - Man City 1-2 Birmingham - We fell behind after 20 of a poor performance but 6 minutes later Barbier grabbed an undeserved equaliser. Popovic on 62 put us behind again and we went out of the cup with a whimper.

Crashing out of the cup to lower league opposition is an absolute disgrace even for a mainly reserve squad. So annoyed....

Premier League - Man City 4-0 Arsenal - Aguero back in the side opened the scoring 7 minutes in and Colman doubles the lead after 15. An injury to Kompany marred an otherwise perfect 45 minutes. Arse never lookied like getting back into the game and two late headers from Petrushin capped a fantastic display.

Kompany's injury will keep him out for around 11 days.

Premier League - Aston Villa 0-2 Man City - The first half was tight, goalless and kinda boring. We had the better of the early second half and missed a few great chances to go ahead before Aguero finally got the breakthrough with 15 to play. A second soon followed through sub Allen to guarantee the points. Solid if unspectacular.

Premier League - Everton 1-1 Man City - One down at half time and we imploded second half. Everton bullied us for the enitre game and a red card for Vuillemin on 65 killed looked to have killed our chanes completely until up popped Busquets in the 94th minute to rifle home from the edge of the box for an equaliser.

Despite our poorest showing of the season and a lucky draw we extended our lead over Chelsea to 5 points after they fell to Liverpool.

Champions League Last16 - Malaga 0-0 Man City - Backs to the wall for this one as Malaga dominated without creating many clear cut chances. An injury to Mascherano and the odd corner were as interesting as this got.

Round Up

So another average 2 months as we edge 5 points clear with 12 games to go. Domestic cups were a disaster and we'll have to be much improved to overcome Malaga in the Champs League.

March 2018

Premier League - Man City 5-1 Newcastle - Busquets with the opener after 12. Aguero made it 2 ten miuntes later. Gauna got the 3rd on the half hour as Newcastle fell apart. Petrushin headed a 4th on 50, Agueros second made it 5 on the hour but Newcastle pulled on back straight away. Sub Marcao saw red a minute after coming on but even with 10 we gave away very little and never looked like giving up a second.

Juan Mata and Javi Martinez had to pull out of our international squad for a tough England tie too late for a replacement to be called up but we travelled to England with a strong 21.

League Cup - Stoke have beaten Arsenal on penalties to claim the trophy. Im proud of Yaya and DeJong.

International Friendly - England 0-1 Spain - Our hosts were probably the stronger side for the first half and we created very little. My return to using wingers putting the team slightly off I feel. The second half we switched back to 433 and a minute after the restart went ahead through Pique. ~With all 6 subs used Rodrigo Garcia had to leave through injury on 70 putting us down to 10 but we defended superbly and kept the ball well to earn a tough win.

Back to the Premiership now and a tie with bottom of the table Fulham. Fulham have only taken 15 points from their first 27 games and are already 10 points behind 19th place.

Premier League - Fulham 0-4 Man City - We won an early penalty after dominating which Roux somehow missed and this seemed to give Fulham belief they never should of had. They defended like Tigers from than on but after 35 minutes Graveto got what was a deserved goal.We got our second on the hour through Sean Allen and moments later Kompany made it 3. Colman got his deserved goal for the with 10 to play as our all but relegated hosts pretty much gave up.

We have now extended our lead over Chelsea to nine points and are odds on for the title.

Champions League Last 16 - Man City 5 (5)-1 (1) Malaga - Aguero put us ahead and after only 18 minutes following a good start to the game. But on the half hour Malaga got the vital away goal to level the tie. Aguero put us back in front just before the hour as we threw everything bar the kitchen sink at our opponents and when Sergio completed his hattrick we were on our way. Petrushin headed a fourth before Aguero capped our best 45 minutes of the season with his 4th in injury time.

Premier League - Man City 9-0 Cardiff - It took 17 attempts to get ahead but we did after 28 minutes through Aguero in a first half where we had 23 attempts, 15 on target and 5 clear cut chances. We were more clinical after the break and Rangel hit the 2nd in the first minute before Colman added a 3rd after 57. Colman got his hattrick 2 minutes later for 5-0 on the hour but not to be outdone Aguero completed his hattrick in the next 10 minutes for 7 zip with 20 to play. On 73 Aguero's fourth made it 8 and on 85 sub Barbier made it 9 in an absolute second half romp. To say 9-0 flattered Cardiff was letting them off lightly. We had 38 shots, 25 on target, hit the woodwork twice and 12 clear cut chances over the 90 odd minutes. Probably the hammering of all hammerings.

Premier League - Man City 2-0 Swansea - Aguero broke the deadlock after 10 minutes. Petrushin headed a second 7 minutes after the restart and we saw out the rest of the game easily to take an 11 point lead at the top.

Premier League - Blackpool 0-4 Man City - Aguero again opened the scoring this time after only 3 minutes. Aguero added a second after 28 as we eased to half time. Aguero completed his hat trick before an og rounded off an easy 90 minutes.

April 2018

Champions League Last 8 - Man City 5-3 Real Madrid - 1st minute and we fell behind from a corner. Ramos mistake allowed Graveto to level the tie with a 12th minute penalty and than Aguero put us ahead after 22. Aguero than added a 3rd on 30 and completed his hattrick to see us on cloud nine at the break. Neymar pulled Madrid well and truly back into the tie on 67 before Petrushin made it 5-2 after 75. Madrid though were determined to keep themselves in the game and grabbed a third in the dying stages to leave it everything to play for at the Bernabeau.

Premier League - Man City 3-1 Huddersfield - Again we struggled against Huddersfield and despite bossing the game went behind to a wonder goal. Petrushin headed us level from a corner and than the same player put us ahead after 25. it took till the hour to get a third, Graveto finally killing Huddersfield off.

We have now guaranteed ourselves a Champions League spot for next season.

Champions League Last 8 - Real Madrid ?-? Man City - A first minute red card saw us up against it Lecomte walking after a stupid tackle. 2 goals from corners putting Madrid ahead on away goals before their 3rd inside 15 minutes pretty much ended the tie. We managed to pull it level on aggregate though Petrushin just before half time but Ronaldo hit Madrids 4th on the whistle. Ex Barcelona player Busquets had the first say of the second half. Firing us level on aggregate on 50. Madrid hit back a minute later to lead 8-7 and on 55 we were down to 9 when Busquets got his marching orders. With us down to 9, Ronaldo added his fourth as Madrid looked almost there. We showed plenty of fight and Graveto made it 9-8 on agg and 6-3 on the night on 78 to give us a glimmer of hope. Neymar killed that 5 minutes later to finish the game 7-3 on the night and 10-8 on aggregate. I was far from pleased. bigges game of the season and we get 2 stupid reds and give away a penalty.

So we were able to at least focus all our attention on closing out the Premiership now.

Premier League - Man City 4-0 West Brom - A poor half and we struggled after the depression from Europe but Petrushin did edge us ahead. Marcao's stunning freekick added our second on the hour in a game where despite being the better side we were far from our best but another ex West Brom player Gauna added a brace in the 70th and 74th (our 100th league goal of the season) to try and rebuild some confidence.

Chelseas defeat all but sealed the title. We now lead by 14 points with 5 games left to play. Victory in any of our remaining games would end it but I'd like to get it out of the way at West Ham as we than faced Spurs, Liverpool and Sunderland before finishing off with Chelsea.

Premier League - West Ham 0-6 Man City - Who else but Aguero would put us on our way. His second minute goal settling any nerves. A 9th minute red card for the Hammers put us in a great position and Aguero's second and third along with a Petrushin header meant we had won the league before the interval. 5 minutes after the break Petrushin rose highest to make it five. Colman capped a wonderful way to claim the title at the death.

So once again we were champions. Brilliant stuff and with 4 games to go. We could relax and enjoy our end to the season and I felt it might be time to start giving youngsters like Roux, Launay and Barbier a longer run in the team.

Premier League - Spurs 1-3 Man City - Colman that broke the deadlock in a tough trip after half an hour. The second came 10 after half time through Barbier. The third came from the head of Petrushin before a late Spurs consolation.

Round Up:

So with the title in the bag I could focus on some of the youngsters, try and get them some games and get them some much needed experience. Other than that it was all about preperation for the World Cup and I couldn't wait to get going. The biggest blemish was our capituation against Madrid and I guess the Champions League would have to wait.

May 2018

Premier League - Man City 4-1 Liverpool - Aguero with the opener and Petrushin with the second saw us comfy at half time. Suarez pulled on back on 60 but almost insulted by it Aguero hit his second seconds after. Petrushin got another on 70 as we took the game to Liverpool.

Premier League - Sunderland 0-2 Man City - Roux gave us a slender halftime advantage. Sunderland battled hard and despite deserving an equaliser it was was us who got the second through Aguero.

FA Cup - Stoke have won the FA Cup, beating Arsenal in a domestic final for the second time this season.

facupn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Premier League - Man City 1-1 Chelsea - We bossed the first half against a chelsea side intent on injuring as many of us as possible but we went in a goal down after Vini scored Chelseas only chance of the game. We got our deserved equaliser on 80 but failed to find a winner and just missed out on the 100 point mark.

finaltablek.jpg

I have being named manager of the year.

Champions League - Arsenal have retained the title beating Real Madrid in the final. They have now appeared in 3 consecutive Champions League Finals.

championsleaguei.jpg

leaguecupu.jpg

tbh Im actually aiming to beat the 2nd week of March which was my record back on fm08. I have a great time a transfer budget of £125m and hopefully I can replace some Clichy, Van Der Wiel and Samba with younger models whose stats wouldn't drop away completely when not playing. Not winning at least 2 trophies is a bit of a failure in my eyes tbh. I should have tried a bit harder in the FA Cup. Anyway on the the World Cup which would make top this season in style.

June & July 2018 - Part One - The World Cup.

An extra time defeat in the semi's had denied the Spanish in 2014 and I was tasked with at least matching the performance. So I headed off to the draw cautiously optimistic about my targets.

The draw couldn't have possibly went better for us. We were handed what on paper should be an easy group.

[b]Group D[/b]
Spain
Egypt
N. Ireland
Honduras

So nothing to tough than or was it? One thing I had learned from my time as Spain manager was we had beaten every other top nation and lost to lots of average and weaker teams.

World Cup Warm Up - Cameroon 2-0 Spain - We faced Cameroon with what would be my starting XI for the tournament give our take and things didn't go well. We were hammered from the off, lost Negredo to injury and went in 1 down at the interval. We were much improved 2nd half but never looked like scoring and Cameroon added a second with 5 minutes to go to kill our hopes.

A poor start to our warm up and Negredo had to leave our 30 man panel leaving us short of striking options. I didn't bother picking a replacement as the 23 would be coming from the 29 remaining players.

So I made my decision to cut the squad to 23 and tbh it was more a case of 23 players being lucky to be in as opposed to 6 unlucky to be out.

World Cup Warm Up - Spain 2-2 USA - A brace from Bojan either side of a penalty saw us lead at the interval. We were poor again after the interval and gave away a deserved equaliser when Sean Allen put his Man City future in doubt.

World Cup Warm Up - Spain 4-1 Japan - We fell behind after five but hit back through Segui. A tight secondhalf saw Segui put us ahead on the hour before Muniain added a third on 73. Muniain added his second on 85 to kill a contest in our best 45 minutes for awhile.

World Cup 2018 - Russia

Group D - Egypt 0-2 Spain - 14 minutes into our world cup and Fabregas scored our first goal of the tournament. Despite being the better side the game was pretty dul but we eventually got our second through sub Pedro in the 70th minute to secure a vital opening win.

Group D - Honduras 1-0 N.Ireland

Group D - Spain 7-1 Honduras - Pedro put us ahead inside 30 seconds and grabbed his second after only 2 minutes. It took 26 minutes to grab our 3rd, Mata getting his first of the world cup. Pedro completed his hattrick on 55 before crazy defended allowed Honduras in to pull one back. Sub Segui grabbed a 5th though on 65 and when Honduras last a min we strolled home. Further goals from Pique and Mata capping a fine performance.

Group D - Egypt 1-1 N.Ireland - put us in round 2.

Group D - Spain 1-1 N.Ireland - 4 minutes in and Pedro put us ahead but N.Iron hit back straight away. If anything we were outplayed by our opponents but luck turned out way when they got a red after 52 minutes. We absolutely pummeled them second half but the winner never came.

Group D - Egypt 3-0 Honduras - Saw the Egyptians join us in the last 16.

Last 16 - Spain 3-0 Serbia - A tight game saw Pique put us ahead from a corner on the half hour. It took till the 70th minute to end the tie. Bojan with the killer goal before Mata rounded off the scoring as we booked a tie with S.Korea.

Other Results: Egypt 3-1 England, Italy 3-2 Russia, Uruguay 1-3 South Korea, USA 2-3 France, Germany 1-0 Colombia, Holland 4-3 Argentina, Ivory Coast 0-2 Brazil

Last 8 - Spain 3-1 South Korea - We fell behind after only 9 minutes but hit straight back through Bojan. Poor half and lucky to be in at 1-1. We were better after the break and Pedro put us ahead on 50. Bojan hit the post before Pique finally headed in the 3rd.

Other Results: Italy 2-1 Egypt, France 1-2 Brazil, Germany 3-0 Holland

Semi Finals - Spain 2-0 Brazil - We lost Busquets to injury early on but still looked the better side. On 26 the entire nation was jumping for joy Bojan finishing in style to give us a half time lead. Only a pair of world class saves kept Brazil in the game after the break but they couldn't hold us forever and sub Javi Martinez grabbed a second with 10 to play as we made the world cup final.

Semi Finals - Italy 2-0 Germany - Goals from Rossi and Criscito set up a cracking potential final.

World Cup Final - Spain ??-?? Italy - I was tight from the off with little action at either goal mouth and no clear cut chances. We had slightly more of the ball but Italy looked a bit pacier and dangerous on the break. A minute after the restart Pedro go in one on one but was denied as we pressed second half four clear cut chances went begging (Bojan unlucky to rattle the post) as the Italians struggled to stay in the tie and when we started to tire as well it looked like being a long evening. 5 minutes into extra time Sergio Ramos picked up a second yellow to put us on the back foot with no subs remaining and now only a shootou could save us. So it went to the dreaded shootout. Criscito stepped up first and cooly converted. 1-0. Thiago stepped up and hit the bar. It remained 1-0. Crisetig was next for Italy and in typical Italian fashion it was 2-0. Juan Mata was next for us and he easily dispatched his. 2-1. Giaccherini was next for Italy, He blazed over. 2-1. Cesc Fabregas had the chance for parity but he shot wide. 2-1 it remained. Bonaventura was next. He calmly put Italy on the verge. 3-1. Pacheco was next. His peno went straight down the middle, hit the keepers legs but trickled over the line 3-2 with one each to take. Italy's final taker was Capellini. The big striker smashed his penatly straight down the line, it hit the bar and dropped over the line. It was over. Italy had won the world cup. We only had ourselves to blame. they had one shot on target in 120 minutes and 0 chances. We had 5 clear cut chances and converted none. In the end Italy wanted it more, didn't waste their chances and battled like Lions.

Despite the poor qualifying performance we had enthralled the nation during the World Cup and I was informed my job was safe. With the England job becoming available and me there manager of choice though I wasn't sure with whom I would be pushing for Euro Qualification.

thanks guys. sorry bout the delays. i've being away last few days.

--------------------------------------------------

June and July Part II - Man City.

Trying to get rid of older world class players is always tough but luckily for us PSG came in for Van Der Wiel for £2.7m, Mascherano decided not to stay when his contract expired, Modric followed suit. Clichy joined Villa on a free and Bolat made the move to Betis. Malaga took up their option to buy Florent Paul adding £4.1m to their loan fee to make him their own (and a real steal too as I never checked the price pre-loan).

Coming in was young class talent. Marius Richter was a 22 year old world class German centre back who would replace Samba and possibly challenge Kompany's starting spot for £20m. Ersin Serkerci was a 19 year old Turkish replacement for Van der Wiel who arrived from At. Madrid for £7.75m, Slavko Istanvic was another German, the fullback costing £15m from Ajax. Gauthier Berthon arrived from Lyon to challenge Joe Hart the 18 year old French keeper also costing £15m

Jobs News: I have being offered a job I just can't refuse. I have stepped down as Spain Manager to become manager of Brazil. Can't wait to unleash some Samba soccer.

August 2018

Charity Shield - Man City 4-0 Stoke City - Aguero notched our first goal of teh new season early on and Graveto the second after 20 minutes as we started the new season in ominous form. We denied Stoke a single shot in the first half and when Petrushin rose highest in the 50th minute for 3 zip, the job was done but there was still time for a Rangel wondergoal to cap a fine performance.

So we began the new season with an absolute hammering of a World Class Stoke team that cost over £300m to assemble and our warning was sent out to English football. This is our title and you'll do well to take it.

International Friendly - Brazil 2-1 Cyprus - We bossed the tie from the off but looked shaky at the back. And my inability go get international team performing saw us trail at half time. We came out much better and Neymar got the equaliser after only a minute. After numerous changes Neymar's second put us ahead on 70 and we wasted a ball of chances for number three

Premier League - Man City 3-0 Stoke City - So we faced Stoke who had new £20m signing Marcelo in at leftback. But it changed little as Aguero again opened the scoring early on. Petrushin again scored for us on 26 to leave us flying heading to half time. An injury to Graveto slightly marred that but still we were cruising. Another from Agero in a comfy 2nd half saw us thump our rivals for the second time in a week.

Premier League - Middlesbrough 0-3 Man City - Aguero again inside the first ten minutes and grabbed his second in less than twenty. Boro came out chasing the game to their credit but Aguero used the opportunity to seal a hattrick and end the game at half time.

September 2018

We face a tougher prospect in the Champions League Group Stage drawing Shakhtar, At.Madrid and Zurich.

Premier League - Man City 3-0 Blackburn - It took us ten or so minutes to settle but Blackburn were proving our toughest test so far and we had to go in goalless at half time. We coninuted to dominate but in the second half our visitors couldn't hold out. 5 minutes after the break Graveto got the first and it was quickly followed by Aguero's free kick. Graveto grabbed his second just after the hour in a much more ruthless second half performance.

Im beginning to see a pattern in our Premier League results.

We have drawn Bristol City in the League Cup.

International Friendly - Brazil 3-0 Poland - Sandro with the goal that seperated us at the interval. Neymar popped up early in the second half for our second. Chelsea striker Vini got the 3rd near the end to put a nice sheen on the result.

International Friendly - Brazil 2-0 South Korea - Marcao with the opener after 15 minutes and Graveto's penalty put Man City... I mean Brazil 2 up at half time. 6 halftime changes saw us give a disjointed 2nd half performance but we eased to the win.

Premier League - Wolves 1-1 Man City - Alot of first teamers left out and it showed we were all over the place and fell behind after 35 to a corner and it was quickly followed by a red for Petrushin. We dedided to be adventurous 2nd half and go for broke. We were rewarded when Colman backed an equaliser on the hour. Still neither ourselves or our hosts could find the decisive goal and it ended 1-1.

We had dropped ground on West Brom and Liverpool who both had 100% starts. Don't think I'll be making 8 changes again....

Champions League - Man City 6-2 Shakhtar - Graveto put us ahead in the first minute and the same player played a brilliant 1-2 with Aguero to make it 2 on 17. A hattrick arrived after 22 (all assisted by Aguero) before Shakhtar pulled one back on the half hour. Right on half time Gauna dispatched a penalty for a 3 goal lead. Aguero got his deseved goal on 55 but Shaktar pulled one back from a corner immediately. Sub Barbier grabbed our 6th on 70 as we hammered home our champions league warning.

Premier League - Man City 1-0 Sunderland - It was our 10 outfielders vs Craig Gordon as Sunderland parked the bus. Chance after chance came, Gordon making stop after stop but after 86 minutes Colmans cross was met by Graveto for a late winner.

League Cup - Man City 3-0 Bristol City - Colman put us ahead after 15 and Graveto added a second on half time injuring himself in the process. A wonderful Sean Allen freekick made it 3 after 50 and than we could relax.

Premier League - Chelsea 1-0 Man City - After a tight first 20 minutes we bossed Chelsea but only 1 of our 11 first half efforts were on target. Chelsea didn't trouble Hart once. We bossed the 2nd but fell behind to Ramires after a slick Chelsea counter. Try as we might an equaliser just wasn't coming and we slumped to our first defeat of the season.

Archived