Around the World with a Footballing Nobody

GylfiAsCharged

Just took charge of the Canada U-23 side, alongside Wrexham, could be interesting. I believe there are a few Canadians around this forum? Also I'm getting frequently linked to other jobs for the first time in my career, Glentoran, Southend and a few others. They aren't really a step up so I've been ignoring them.

Surprised I didn't see this thread until know as I always like a thread with a bit of Asian football...even if it's not that successful ;) Tough luck in your stints in South Korea and China, they're tough leagues to find yor feet in, esecially with some of the league restrictions. Hopefully, it goes better at Wrexham and the Canadian u-23's (rancer and cerud will be happy!)

Surprised I didn't see this thread until know as I always like a thread with a bit of Asian football...even if it's not that successful ;) Tough luck in your stints in South Korea and China, they're tough leagues to find yor feet in, esecially with some of the league restrictions. Hopefully, it goes better at Wrexham and the Canadian u-23's (rancer and cerud will be happy!)

Thanks Raware, it was difficult to settle in a league that works differently especially when you're battling for every point to try and stay up! And hopefully they'll be happy, I might have a shocker, it's not unheard of for me!

International Update.

The qualifying for the Olympics began almost instantly, and we were hit with such bad luck. Before our first game, our 22 man squad was reduced to 17 through injury. We lost 4-1 to USA which wasn't too much of a surprise. Next came Honduras, who thumped us 4-0, which was disappointing. We only managed 3 players on the bench for our game against Jamaica, two of which were goalkeepers, injuries had totally ravaged the squad. We took an early lead, but couldn't hold on and lost 2-1. It wasn't the introduction to international management I was looking for, but hey, it didn't do me any harm. I left my role as U-23 manager as there were no games until the next qualifying campaign, and the focus returned to North Wales.

I keep thinking to myself whilst reading this, 'STOP JUMPING SHIP!'

But then I realised it's probably what I'd do myself. :D

I know what you mean, I hate to do it but there was no point in staying each time, they all finished bottom after I left and I very much doubt I could have changed that... hopefully I won't be jumping any more ships in the near future! :)

Archived