FM12: Renan Bardini Bressan..the poor man's...errrrrrrr.....Pastore?

DandyDon

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]bressan2.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Name: Renan Bardini Bressan

Date of Birth: 3rd November 1988

Nationality: Brazil/Belarus dual nationality

Position: AMC

Club: BATE Borisov[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Born and brought up in the town of Tubarao, Bressan has followed a path well trodden by hundreds of young Brazilian hopefuls. Already a first teamer for Atletico Cidade, Bressan impressed at a 2 day trial organised by a Ukrainian scout and was invited to Eastern Europe to essentially be hawked around.

Deals with sides such as Dynamo Kyiv and karpaty Lviv fell through, but Bressan eventually signed for Belarussian side Gomel in the winter of 2006/7. After a slow start where he adapted to his new surroundings he duly impressed over the course of the next three years and in 2010 the nations premier club, BATE, came calling.

There had been talk of fast tracking Bressan in to the Belarus national side, with the player himself appearing on a national talk show stating that he was adapting well to life in Belarus, was learning the language and was keen to play for his adopted homeland. An impressive first season with BATE where he scored 15 goals in 30 appearances (all from midfield) was capped by winning the Belarussian championship player of the year award, and he was informed by the head of the footballing federation that he had just been granted Belarussian citizenship. Since then he has continued to impress for BATE and recently scored their equaliser in a creditable 1-1 draw against AC Milan in the Champions League*

* All of this info shamelessly cribbed from wikipedia and the Football Ramble. Forgive the title, I was struggling to think of a player to compare him to.

bressan1.jpg

Bressan was a favourite bargain signing of mine on FM11, and while he's not available for quite such a bargain price on FM12, he is still very affordable and will cost between £725,000 and £1million in the first summer should you decide to go for him. He may be no Javier Pastore or Ganso, but he is capable of cutting it at the top level if given a chance on FM.

BressanOverview_Attributes.png

He is an AMC/MC and equally comfortable in either position. Above are his attributes in the first season just after his arrival at my Newcastle side. He has no earth shattering strengths, but also he has no real weaknesses Technically, Mentally or Physically (other than his Determination really) with spread of solid attributes in all three areas.

He has decent enough Passing, Creativity and Free Kick Taking to provide your forwards with some ammunition whether you play him as a playmaker or not. He's also a pretty good finisher with decent enough composure to finish off chances that come his way. He can also play pretty comfortably out on the right wing if need be, another bonus.

There's room for him to improve slightly as well, especially with regular first team action, and while I haven't checked out his Hidden Attributes in depth with the editor, my coaches reckon he has an appetite for the big games (which he's shown with goals in several key games) and not too prone to injury either. He tends to perform best as an Advanced Playmaker with an Attacking role. So far anyways.

bressanoverviewprofile.png

After a couple of seasons with us he's improved slightly in terms of his passing and his Strength and Pace. He's currently having a very fine season in terms of his form and has made himself 1st Choice for the time being.

For those interested:

His CA/PA are 137/155

Bressan was a favourite of mine from FM11 as well and he was also a lot cheaper but I still signed him for my Newcastle side in the first season for £1.7m.

I had to sell him in the second season though as I had bought too many players that played in his positions :o, but I still made a nice profit selling him to Granada for £8.75m :).

His lack of determination really bothers me, a shame because he looks a good player.

His low Determination does seem a bit offputting, I know some folks won't consider signing players unless they're paragons of Iron Willed character. Might well be that it means he won't quite max out his potential, but on the other hand it doesn't seem to be hampering his performance levels so far, he's played well in some key games during a very difficult run for my side recently. He's responded well to team talks, including the odd half time rocket. So far he's convincing me to overlook that deficit at any rate.

Archived