GRANDE WIDE 4231 - Tactic Set of 6 versions by THE BETTER HALF - 11.3

header4231.png

CONTACTS

thebeha@live.se

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Gamefront

Zhare

In this thread, you will find a set of tactics, just like in my old threads for FM09 and FM10. You might argue that since the introduction of the Tactical Creator, these sets have become obsolete but as I am not finding the structure of Defensive, Counter, Balanced, Control good enough, I decided to make my own framework of these different strategies. As you see, these tactics have been made in the Classic Mode so shouts are disabled, along with the ability to see the players roles and crucial stats.

Why use this set then ?. Well, basically, its for users that likes the idea of being if charge, using micro management but feels that the wizard has too many options that are just not good enough. Its for people that whilst wanting to win every game feel that there is more to it then just plug & play but wanting some easy guidelines on how to do it. For people that have a decent knowledge how the match engine works and knows when to attack and when to defend but just don't fancy the Tactic Creator. In short, if you are truly great at reading the game and pay attention to every single detail, then this set is not for you as you wont need it but for those that likes the idea of using other peoples tactics and wanting to learn something on the way, not just plug & playing, then this is for you

Assumption 1

All versions must have a descriptive name and as this always leads to different definitions due to ones personal perspective, people will interpret the text beneath differently. There for, its important that you read the follow text a few times, load up the different tactics and read it once more

The Versions

As I stated earlier, I am not that keen on the structure of the preset Strategies in the Wizard. Basically, I feel that they are too many and that whilst the shouts are a great way to implement several tweaks by just one or two clicks, they are not helping me as ( for example) when I want to play wider, push up the team and get ball forward, I might still want to do this using the same passing game and the same tempo, only using more t-balls and more width etc. Naturally, using only 6 preset approaches is far more static then the TC, but its an approach that I feel more comfortable with. In this set, you will see that there is no Contain version, no defensive, no Balanced, no Control, no attack or no Overload. Instead, I have chosen to call the versions the following.

Defend – something in between the normal Contain and Defend, but more aggressive

Cautious – Something in between Defend and Balanced

Counter – Something similar to the TC Counter but here I use it only as in the description

Standard – Something in between Balanced and Attack

Slow Breakdown – A version that I feel is lacking in the TC, a way to play cautious whilst playing ultra aggressive

Overloading Attack – A mixture between Attack and Overload

So you see, by using these versions, there are really only 2 starting options, at least when playing as a normal team. Either you go for a more cautious approach, using CAUTIOUS or you go for a more attacking one, using STANDARD. If being top of the league and outclassing the opponents in terms of quality, its possible that SLOW BREAKDOWN would be the best version to start all matches with, almost like today's Barcelona do. Don't expect this version to replicate the flow of that team though as its not the though at all. With this said, please read further on to see the full description of the different versions

Defend

This is one of two versions where we use a different formation, pulling back the Wingers back to MR/L. Used to defend a lead, play a defensive appraoch within a more defensive formation or keep a loss to its minimum. We don't sit too deep and just defend though, we will attack as well as keeping possession in advanced positions is one of the keys to holding off the opponents

Cautious

This is a more cautious approach towards a game. Don’t be fooled by the name and that its only the 2nd most attacking tactic in order of the set. Even if playing as a top team, this approach is a good one when being on the road. In real life, very few teams actually play attacking away from home. We play slow and narrow, using ,many players to hold on to the ball and we do launch quick counter attacks when the players feels those passing options are on

Counter

Warning: This version is more direct and when playing on the counter, you need to make sure that here is actually something to counter, space in the 3rd half to play the ball into. With the counter box ticked, the players will, unlike the Cautious version, launch these counter attacks more frequently and mots importantly, even though the opponent sits with many men behind the ball. Personally, I would never use this as a starting version only based on the assumption that the opponent will push up their fullbacks and threaten us form the start. Use incorrectly, we will see a big loss in possession and being hit on the counter ourselves. Used correctly, its much more deadly than the Cautious version

Standard

As there is no Attack version in this set, this one is the Standard approach when not wanting to play cautious. It will never be about possession but about the scoreline. If playing as Everton/Man U/Arsenal/Sunderland home to WBA, this would be my main starting version.

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Overloading Attack

This is the 2nd version using a different formation, now puhsing up the MR/L into the AMR/L positions and pull back the AMC into MCc. Here, we push up the team and overload the area where the ball is. We use the space out wide and hassle the opponent into making defensive errors. Lots of movement along with an attacking mentality sees us pushing hem back again and again. Why should one not use this tactic all the time then ?. Well as you probably understand, you might easily get hit on the counter by the opponent and the players don’t have the stamina to play like this whole matches.

Players

When using a formation without a DMC, it is important that the central midfielders can play the part and defend at the same level as your ambition.Whilst these players need to be good defensivly, its equally important that at least one of the starting MCs have some creative blood running through his veins. If not, then you will probably struggle breaking down those defensive and deep sitting teams

Notice that I have left out Determination and Decision amongst the important stats as its so obvious that its needed in every player in the team

Goalkeeper:

Common sense applies

Central Defenders

Here, we use a sort of limited stoppers. As always, its better to have the best defenders in the world and not crap players so again, common sense here boys. These players are on tight zonal marking and even though we don’t play with a high d-line in most versions, pace and anticipation is crucial when up against those ME exploiting pacey attackers with flair

Attacking Keys: Passing

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Strength, Concentration, Jumping, Heading

Fullbacks

Same here really. Common sense. One thing that one do need to look out for are the players with really attacking ppms. Although this brings another dimension to the attack, they get caught out of position too often.

Attacking Keys:Crossing, Passing,

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Anticipation, Marking, Tackling, Stamina, Concentration Pace

Central Mid – RIGHT

Here we have a more hardworking MC, a mixtire between a ballwinner and a central mid on support. He needs to be able to take a good defenisve position as well as make a easy pass after had hold on to the ball to slow things down

Attacking Keys:First Touch, Technique, Passing, Off the ball

Defensive Keys: Anticipation, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Concentration,

Central Mid – LEFT

Here, we have the mixture of a great passer and a strong ball winner. Again, just like in the role above, this is a player rarely seen in the lower leagues but again, here, we play the ones that stays behind, breaks up attacks and keeps a simple but yet effective passing game

Attacking Keys:Creativity, Technique, Passing, Composure

Defensive Keys: Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Strength

Wingers

Hm… left foot on right or left on left. Well, in this tactic, its better to have players that moves into channels and/or huges the line, runs down X-flank with ball as the space inside is already taken by the AMC and the FC. In some acses, the wingers will still cut inside and off the ball, they will often seek the space near their post to meet up with a cross or a low t-ball

The wingers are setup to dribble and beat their man. They rarely cross but as this is to be seen as a tendency rather then big no no, they will still make that cross when the options is there, preferably to the far post where the winger on the other flank has, by using his skill or ppm, moved towards.

Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing

Defensive Keys: None really

Attacking Midfielder

Here, I would play the typicall MC/AMC rather then a AMC/FC. Mostly because I want a player that likes to make a t-ball instead of going for goal but also because we already have 3 players in more advanced positionsthat should provide good passing options

Attacking Keys: Off the ball, Acceleration, Dribbling, Creativity, Flair, Passing, Technique, Finishing, Composure

Defensive Keys: Tackling

Forward

3 words: One Quick Poacher. Actually, that is all it takes, One quick poacher. What is a poacher then ?. Well, he needs to be able to read the game, have the ability to move into free space and put the ball away. How quick does he have to be ?. Well, as long as he is smart, he doen not need more than 14 in that stat. If this player is even more complete, then its even better

Attacking Keys:Off the ball, Flair, Acceleration ( and pace) Finishing, Composure, Agility, Dribbling

Defensive Keys: none

Set Pieces

I actually used a downloaded tactic when making these ones, using it as a clean sheet so the set pieces are from that one. Defensively they seem really good and we score our fair share on the attacking, mostly from free kicks but also some from corners( mostly against poor teams though). Feel free to change them to something better or worse

Match Preparation

The match preparation is divided into 3 different areas

The 3 chosen tactics for the team to learn

- I would either use the 3 versions I am most likely to use. If going to use them all, then load up Cautious, Standard and Attacking Overload. This way, the team Will gets the best fluidity with the tempo, width, passing, mentality, press, etc that is used in all 6 versions

The Workload

This slider dictates how much time the team puts into learning the chosen tactics. Remember that the higher the workload, the less time the team spends on the training ground, improving their stats.

The focus area

Preseason: When using a focus area, this takes up some of the time the team spends on getting fluid with the tactic. In preseason, playing a new save or if having lots of new players, you do need to use Team Blend so get the squad familiar with each other, playing as a team but if the team is already blended, I normally don't use any

Pre Match: Here, i cant make any recommendations as such. There is no focus area that links up with this set so its common sense. If wanting to sacrifice some of the defensive stability to get better attacking movements, then this is perhaps something you do when facing those deep sitting teams that you should beat, using the more attacking versions. Under opposite circumstances, well, you get my point. As for the attacking and defensive set pieces focus area, i use them only when I have a really good reason to. As an example, in my next game, playing as Everton home to Aston Villa, i see that they have scored 6 goals from corners in just 7 matches so here, I might go for focusing extra on Defensing set pieces, just like I might go for attacking set pieces away against a team where I see this as a chance to snatch the 3 points late in the game, playing cautious throughout the game

Other Information

As for pitch size, I cant make any recommendations, its just down to common sense. If playing with a crap team in a huge pitch and you might be in for trouble though, just like when playing in a very short field with your top notch team. Team talks, and opposition instructions are also things that cant be recommended as it would depend heavily on the situation

Results

In betatesting, teams like Chelsea, Bologna, Juventus, Gefle(SWE) have been used. When testing it withthe final product, I have used Hoffenheim( meda prediction of 8th) and Swindon ( media pred of 7th)

My other sets

• 2 weeks later...

gonna start a new save with man utd (with upto date transfers), who would you recommend for the Centre mid left and AMC.

GK - de gea

Centre backs - vidic and rio

Full backs - rafeal and evra

CMr - flecher

CMl - ???

Wingers - young and nani/valencia

AMC - ???

ST - Rooney

Archived