How do you know if a player is good at dictating tempo?

Hi there

I just got some backroom advice that I should tell one of my players to stop dictating the tempo of the game.

How do I know whether to follow this advice or not? What attributes should i be looking at?

I had a similar occurence with Felipe Anderson, he has low decisions (10), low teamwork (10) and low composure (10). Your player low in any of those attributes? Currently I reckon Decisions is likely to be the most influential attribute in the context of dictating the tempo of a game.

Hi there

I just got some backroom advice that I should tell one of my players to stop dictating the tempo of the game.

How do I know whether to follow this advice or not? What attributes should i be looking at?

He may have the PPM "Dictates Tempo".

If so, they are suggesting that he unlearn it!?

The stats that are important to dictate tempo are composure, passing and particularly decisions - creativity is a bonus. It's likely to be best for a central midfield player to have this PPM.

Regarding the game engine effect - the tempo is the speed at which the ball is moved around, if he is looking to dictate the tempo he will often vary it from your team instructions - sometimes holding onto the ball to slow things down, as well as occasionally playing first time passes to get the ball forward quickly.

Dictates tempo is best used if the player is in a playmaking role usually in the central midfield and in my opinion, he has to have this attributes: Passing, Technique, Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball and Positioning.

Dicates tempo not including first touch?Are you kidding ?The most important are first touch and technique.Nothing else matters

I think you are wrong - they may help slightly, but by no means key. I think you are way, way off. The ability to control and strike the ball alone has never dictated the tempo of any game.

Heliu - off the ball means he is hard to mark. Positioning gets him the right place to defend against attacking players - again I can't see how that will affect his ability to dictate the tempo at all.

Decisions is most important - he needs to make the right decision of what to do with the ball - passing and creativity allows him to execute it.

Archived