Contradictory Match Day Assistant advice

Often during games I have the Assistant feedback window (last 15 mins) open when viewing the 3D match highlights and it will tell me: We are misplacing way too many long passes.

Then when I exit out of the match display and look into the Assistant feedback in the team window it tells me: We are misplacing too many short passes.

What's going on here? Who's advice should I follow? They can't both be right, can they?

One is probably telling you about how the last 15 min or something have been while the other is probably an overview of the entire half, or even the entire match. Just click on the 'views' button and you'll see how it is set.

If you find it's rotating between both, then you will want mixed passing, which, Yes, I know will not really change the results.

Personaly, I always play with the old 2D original and ahve the windows open in there and watch feedback from the last 15mins and switch between that and the whole game.

The 15m is good as it tells you what is happening NOW, however, don't make to many changes as you will find yourself chasing your mistakes. If you find that the 15m response is negative and doesnt change over a 25-30 min period THEN change something.

BUT in answer to your question (after realising that I have provide information you probably knew already), I can not tell you :) though, I personaly use the 2D response rates.

Your just misplacing too many passes period. You could reduce the tempo to give the players more time to evaluate the options or reduce the mentality to make them take less risks in their passing.

Not stirictly true.... unless they have changed the wording. Historically I found (and I did a big thread on this). If you have a tempo problem it says something like "Our passing is terrible no matter what the distance".

Archived