Carroll and Suarez HELP

How have people got on with Carroll and Suarez at Liverpool? I am not doing too bad 4th in the league at mo after 8 matches.

I play a 4-4-2 and 4-4-2-1 depending on who I play, but Carrol and Suarez are useless!!!!!!!

They struggle to get anything over 6.5 and have scored 4 goals between them in all competitions.

I play Carroll on the right as a target man and Suarez as a adv forw or poacher. Nothin works. Ngog scores for fun though even though suarez has much muchg better stats. Kadlec also does better and he is 12.

I should not have to play like Canvey Island for Carroll to get a rating of over 6.5.

Players just do not cross the ball into the box ever, even if I set everythin possible to try to make this happen for Carroll to get on the end of it.

If I set changes and tactics that in real life would work and are correct then they should work. That is realism.

It is incredibly unrealistic to set tactics from forums that would just not work in real life but mean that you win a game in FM.

Loosing patience with the game and b=need someone to restore my faith

Suarez stats wise I'm sure you want him as a supporting player, probably a complete forward on support duty.

Then set your wingers up to ping plenty of crosses in, and use wing backs or attacking full backs to do the same.

Or alternateively, play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Suarez and Kuyt as inside forwards and see how that works.

Maybe Carroll as target man attack with Suarez as deep lying forward support next to him? You can play long ball on Carroll who knocks it back to Suarez making a run from deep. With Suarez next to him they hopefully spread a bit more in the box with one taking the far post and one the near post which makes it easier to get at the end of the cross which in turn will make wide players more likely to try it. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

i have extremely good results with suarez and carroll on my liverpool game target man attack carroll poacher attack suarez

i have bale on left as wide mid attack and gerrard on right as wide mid attack then meireles deep lying playmaker and lucas centre mid support

o and make sure you up carrolls mentality to full and remove long shots and run from deep

Personally I'd look to have Suarez contribute to the build up and to run at the defence from deep. So a complete forward support for him. I'm not that familiar with Carroll, but I suppose he's more than a simple target man, so I'd probably use him as a deep lying forward with attack duty. This would of course make him advanced rather than deep-lying, but that's exactly what I'm after.

Archived