how to counter effectively, while under pressure..???

im doing ok, but still feel im lacking somewhat, when it comes to countering the AI. Its certainly an area where it would like to get better.

do you change to something more defensively, change philosophy or even player roles..

how do you guys go about it and what do you do.?

lets say you are getting kille down the flanks..?

or ripped to shreds through the middle

or both..?

An assistant manager with 16+ Tactical Knowledge is a great help to learning what to change, as well as watching matches in at least extended highlights.

I tend to use a mixture of my assistant's advice, in tandem with any of my own thoughts, then make most of my changes using the shouts, as I use the Tactics Creator to make my tactics.

As heath says, if you're using the TC then the shouts are the most effective way to alter your tactics in response to what's happening on the pitch.

I usually look at the attributes of some of my opponents players before the match, see what they're good at (is their top scorer pacey or strong in the air for example), then keep an eye on what my asst. says. Also whenever there is a highlight showing an attack against you, especially if it results in a clear cur chance, see how that chance came about. Did they play it out at a slow tempo from the back? Did they get it out wide quickly and whip the ball in? Was it a route 1 goal kick that their striker raced onto? I usually end a match with about 6 or 7 active shouts personally.

Also, it helps to have a scout with a high tactical knowledge attribute scouting your next opponents. I usually make a on or two pre-match alterations based on their report, but mostly that report helps me choose which players to select. Fast CB's, tall CB's, an anchor-man etc.

I've found the single, simplest thing you can do when under pressure is to move the ball forward more quickly, so go from Short passing to Direct.

I also find using the touchline shout "play wider" helps, gives you more options of an outball.

If you find your passing is still rubbish, use the shout "pass to feet", that way your passes are less likely to be intercepted.

As has already been said here, if you're up against a slow back 4, then passing into space, maybe using a target man with run onto ball, can help.

Archived