FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

update - i won the league with 6 games to go.

in the final of one french cup, won the other.

In the semi's of the champions league against marseille, lost the first leg 3-2.

In the league briand has scored 34 goals so far! and leading the charts....i wish i had got him!

future sales - Kallstrom £9.75 to palermo + 20% - i wanted more but thats not too bad

anderson - £3.1m to newcastle - i havent even played him one game

I have a transfer lined up for Defoe £4.1m. Not a bad price and will act as 4th choice striker

Also just bin linked with the man u job. But i aint leavin until i do at least 1 more season then see how it goes

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I have had offers from all the big clubs during the years in my Lyon career.

Inter/ManU/Arsenal/Barca/Madrid/AcMilan

I rejected them all icon_biggrin.gif

Btw Fred isn't leaving now, I accepted offers from Arsenal and Chelsea but he rejected them both saying he would find it hard to leave lyon, and now he is happy too woot! Can't say im too upset he is staying. He is class icon_cool.gif

You sold Anderson way to cheap! He is class mate, I would have kept him tbh. Kallstorm also wernt quite cheap but you can't have it all your own way eh? icon_smile.gif

Lol, I have never had a problem with Marseile, infact you know its going well since Cisse has never ever scored against me and I have played Marseilie well over 30 times icon_biggrin.gif

HoPeY, 6th season, your disk must be wearing out m8 lol!

Seeing as you are that far in the game, what young players at the start of the game are becoming brilliant as they mature,if you know what i mean.

I might put a bid in for some promicing youngsters if you reccomend any m8.

Jimbob.

Lol!

Do you mean french youngsters? Also any particular position? I have just sold Leo Schwechlen to Barca for 22Million and a 30% sell on clause, this is how good he is now

Leo Schwechlen

You also might want to check out this guy, he seems to be ridiclousy profilic for AJ Aux and his stats aren't really that impressive.

Kiteambala

So yeah let me know if you want to see what any players are like in my game and year, or if you want to know any specific french talent or people who are class in certain positions and I shall get you the info.

Before any one says "are you mad for selling Leo" I have Cahias/Samba/Pique and Pichu who are all better than him, he wasn't really getting a game and 22Million isn't a bad profit on a guy I signed for 350K four years ago icon_biggrin.gif

Apart from the obvoius youngsters such as Kroos/Luilha etc.

I would recommend getting Sahko and Saunier (I shall provide s.s of both if you like) these two turn out to be world class CB's and there French which is an added bonus. Costil is another, he is amazing for me on my game now.

Also take a look and get this guy, he has the potential to be better than Matais Fernadenez, he starts of in Barca's C reserves. Here is what he looks like on my game at the moment. I am going to buy him he looks class.

Gai Assulin

BB

Great season again mate. And stop saying that you might leave Lyon. You won't mate you can't live without us. icon_biggrin.gif

Carl

Marseille is a great team tbh you should see them in my game. Gladly more money than brains. icon_wink.gif

Also great season.

Hopey and Jimbob

Just to say hello boys. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

BB

Great season again mate. And stop saying that you might leave Lyon. You won't mate you can't live without us. icon_biggrin.gif

if i had any other leagues loaded then i would probably leave as the huge squad (about 50 players now) will probably be the reason i stop playing

My Squad (Provisional squad)

02152008202645oe1.th.jpg

where to improve in peoples opinions? have 46M to spend

still have the likes of Riou, Nordtveit, Boulahrouz, Siragusa, Borne, Vela, Kroos, Ninis, Piatti, Saivet, Stancu, Torje, Arango, Iago, Forestieri, Ibrahim, Lansbury, Kenia, Murphy, Neymer, Sahar & RVN in the reserves icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

02152008202645oe1.th.jpg

still have the likes of Riou, Nordtveit, Boulahrouz, Siragusa, Borne, Vela, Kroos, Ninis, Piatti, Saivet, Stancu, Torje, Arango, Iago, Forestieri, Ibrahim, Lansbury, Kenia, Murphy, Neymer, Sahar & RVN in the reserves icon_frown.gif

Maybe a better goalie (?)

only have 2 players labeled world class atm icon_frown.gif those being Mascherano & Silva (who i rejected a 50M bid)

am only thinking for striker to partner Briand, also might sell Keita

Have a look at Cavani should partner well with Briand. Probably worldclass i think.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

02152008202645oe1.th.jpg

Maybe a better goalie (?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrizo is one of the best keepers on the game plus i have the next buffon in my under 18s

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

only have 2 players labeled world class atm icon_frown.gif those being Mascherano & Silva (who i rejected a 50M bid)

am only thinking for striker to partner Briand, also might sell Keita

Have a look at Cavani should partner well with Briand. Probably worldclass i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cavani just joined roma icon_frown.gif

ive never played anderson i really wanted him off the wage bill, i have squilacci and barzagli and my first choice pairing, then cris and samba as back up, so i did sell him cheap but he was just rotting.

with kallstrom, his stats are great but he spends more time giving the ref his details than doing anything else

ben arfa has been awesome, my best player along with fred without a doubt. With the sales, £3.1m & £9.75m going through, i adjusted my budget to get a bit more and arranged the transfers of defoe for £4.1m and jaoquin for £13m (listed). arsenal and chelsea are interested in keita so i might let him go now for the right offer.

in the summer im going to look for a new keeper as priority, and got zaccardo coming on a free. maxi signed a new contract with athletico madrid and im trying to get mascherano on a free but he wont even discuss terms at the min

Thanks for the Pics HoPeY, well i would be interestred in French and English starlets really, im approaching the 3 season,(if you can cast your mind back to the early days lol), because i wanna make some money on them in the future icon14.gif

By the way, Guy Assulin looks mint, hot prospect there, and just wondering, ive never seen a 'world class' described player before icon_frown.gif what year do you see them, could anyone post a sceenie plz.

Ive also missed out on Mascherano for a free from Liverpool, Athletico Madrid got him, icon_mad.gif.

cheers guys, good morning every1 to HoPeY, purefun, carlleeds999,Barnetboyz,poppypants and any one else on the Lyon thread i missed out, Jimbob.

have decided to give this lyon game a rest and start a game on the 8.0.2 patch as the mighty Man City

goods luck all icon_smile.gif

Have fun mate and maybe see you in the future, i'll will check your progress on the thread of man city icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

02152008202645oe1.th.jpg

Maybe a better goalie (?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrizo is one of the best keepers on the game plus i have the next buffon in my under 18s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not then icon_wink.gif

just started a Lyon game and so far have signed:

Ins:

-Felipe (Udinense) £8.75million

-Hugo Lloris (Nice) £4.5million plus 40% future and 10 International (£500,000)

-Saivet (Bordeaux) free(500k comp) - signed before signing of pro contract

-Sakho (PSG) Same as above

-Trying to get Galvan for 2010

Out:

Govou £5 million -> Newcastle

Muller £1 million -> Sampdoria

Hopefully Delgardo v.soon

Felipe is my top goal scorer after 3 games so far due to the new patch corner error and Toulalon is unsettled due to Real Madrid

Should i try and sell Kallstrom or is he worth keeping?

Originally posted by worm:

Ins:

Out:

Felipe is my top goal scorer after 3 games so far due to the new patch corner error and Toulalon is unsettled due to Real Madrid

Welcome mate.

You could sell Kallstrom if you want the most of us do this. You should get more than 10 mil for him + sell-ons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

Ins:

Out:

Welcome mate.

You could sell Kallstrom if you want the most of us do this. You should get more than 10 mil for him + sell-ons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive kept him for now, mainly down to the huge amount of injuries i seem to have suffered, meaning he currently starts, i will keep u updated

any suggestions on tactics... havent lost yet but have drawn more than i would of liked

Originally posted by Jimbob_BCFC:

Thanks for the Pics HoPeY, well i would be interestred in French and English starlets really, im approaching the 3 season,(if you can cast your mind back to the early days lol), because i wanna make some money on them in the future icon14.gif

By the way, Guy Assulin looks mint, hot prospect there, and just wondering, ive never seen a 'world class' described player before icon_frown.gif what year do you see them, could anyone post a sceenie plz.

Ive also missed out on Mascherano for a free from Liverpool, Athletico Madrid got him, icon_mad.gif.

cheers guys, good morning every1 to HoPeY, purefun, carlleeds999,Barnetboyz,poppypants and any one else on the Lyon thread i missed out, Jimbob.

Lol, yes season three is a bit hazy now! So long ago icon_biggrin.gif

I'll have a look when I go in my game for French and English starlets that are becomming class now and let you know icon14.gif

Don't worry I don't think anyone in my squad has any world class labels but I still have world class players icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone updated there current game to the new patch? I was going to, but the fixes I was after don't seem to have happended so I don't see anypoint. I think I'll wait untill I have finnished my Lyon game and then patch it up for my next challenge my beloved Malmo icon_smile.gif

If any of you have patched your game on your save let me know what you think about it if possible..

Hopey

I've patched my game up but only played about 3 games didn't see anything different only my defenders seem to score more or have more chances for it icon_rolleyes.gif and some smaller changes.

You're going to play with Malmö? Not interested in a game with Anderlecht mate if not i will join you with Malmö when Lyon is finished offcourse. icon14.gif

Nice to see so many playing with Lyon. I take it you all saw my mamouth posts in the Lyon 07 Thread[/b and got engrossed? icon_biggrin.gif (Just joking of course)

I think I'll probably be starting Lyon game pretty soon. But just a quick question;

Can Karim Benzema be retrained to play in wide positions?

I wasn't really thinking of playing him out wide, but it never helps for players to be versatile.

Hopey

I've patched my game up but only played about 3 games didn't see anything different only my defenders seem to score more or have more chances for it icon_rolleyes.gif and some smaller changes.

You're going to play with Malmö? Not interested in a game with Anderlecht mate if not i will join you with Malmö when Lyon is finished offcourse. icon14.gif

Interesting proposal purefun, I might be swayed to join you in an Anderlecht game. I'll certainly think about it. I presume its a little like Lyon in the fact Anderlecht are or have been the dominant force in the league but the beauty is in making them into a EU powerhouse. If I am wrong then let me know purefun icon_biggrin.gif

----

tomtuck01

Hello, personally I think the only position Benzema should be retained if you must is as a AMC, he would be wasted on the wing imo.

Tomtuck

Welcome back mate. And you know i loved your post on the old thread. icon14.gif

Would retrain Benzema imo. But on last years version he was great on AMR though.

Hopey

Yes indeed that would be the thing to do. But tbh it will be difficult in Belgium league too just like irl icon_frown.gif.

first season finished, won the league by 18 points and the 2 french cups. lost in the champions league final to inter 2-1.

my team has had a bit of a transformation thanks to my chairman accepting bids for players ididnt want to go -

kallstrom - £9.75m - palermo

scuilacci - £12m gutted as i didnt want to lose him

bodmer - £13.25m - same again, chairman to roma

anderson - £3.1m newcastle

Russian bloke (forgot name) - £3m everton

keita - arsenal - £19.5m - chairman - not too bothered as i was getting jaoquin

so with the sales i brought in -

mascherano - free

menez - £10m + 10%

zaccardo - free

jaoquin - £13m

defoe - £4.1m

zapata - £21.5m

i stikll have £39m left to spend and im after frey and evra but there not selling

team -

gk - coupet

dr - zaccardo/ clerc

dl - grosso/ belhadj

dc - barzagli/ cris

dc - zapata/ samba/ sakho

mr - jaoquin/ menez

ml - ben arfa/ juninho(impact player on small contract)

mc - toulalan

mc - mascherano/ fernandez

st - pandev/ defoe

st - fred/ benzema

where would you lot look at strengthnin?

Carlleeds

Great team tbh. icon14.gif The same goes for your results.

Like Hopey said a better GK would be great and Frey is a solution for that (expensive one) but i would not buy a LB Grosso and Belhadj are great.

Maybe get an extra mc like Moutinho or Banega.

Finally played about an hour for the first time in about 2 weeks. icon14.gif

Won the League cup against Toulouse.

Won the QF against Arsenal 3-3 on aggregate thx to Walcott. icon_biggrin.gif

Lost Fred for a month and already scoring gets difficult.

Offered Mikel (Chelsea) a contract when he signs i need to sell one of my DM's. It will be difficult to choose.

Will post s.s. at the end of the season.

fiorentina wont accept anything for frey and ive bid upto £26m for him and not prepared to pay anymore. Might go after ben foster now, never had him before but i know hes good.

left back, cant get evra for £25m so i might leave him now.

For midfield i was looking at lucho gonzalez from porto but he went to ac milan for £25m!!!!!

I looked at moutinho but they wanted £22m plus add ons for him and i dont think hes worth it. Lucas is unhappy at liverpool and ive bid upto £10m so far without any luck so i might go for him.

Another cm/dm to look at is Biglia from Anderlecht great future for him irl and in the game he is good also

he just moved to everton for £12m. anymore?

i dont want benega though as ive got him on my leeds game and want to try a few new players. Theres been loads of high priced tranfers on my game

clichy to valencia for £19m + vicente!!

aaron lennon to inter for £31m

rossi to roma £39m

Just before I dive into writing, let me assure you that the obscure time of the post is only because I do not have to work on Tuesday and have therefore being on FM most of the night!!!

Brief Intro

Well, i have decided to start a game with Lyon after the great and lengthy game I had with them on FM07. I am playing under the name Bruno Gama, a Portuguese man, 38 years of age. I am of course playing with the latest patch (thats 8.0.2 for those of you who don't know!!), and have not loaded up many league, just Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, aswell as the English Premier League.

I have just reached September 1st, which is of course the day after the closure of the summer transfer window. Success is a must with Lyon, with both board and fans expecting me to win the title in this my first season and offering me no flexibility in this issue. To help me achieve this I was been given a transfer budget of £9million, not brilliant in my opinion, and %100 of any money made from player sales will go into my budget. Thankfully after requesting extra funds the Chairman Mr.Aulas, I was given an extra £17million to spend, putting my war chest up to £26million.

Transfer Activity

I was quite happy with the players I found in my squad, and therefore only sold one player. But numbers were lacking somewhat in certain positions, so I bolstered my squad with a total of 6 signings.

Players Out;

Patrick Muller - £1.1million - Middlesbrough

I have nothing against Patrick Muller. At 30 years old he is for sure not too old. Indeed his stats are pretty good, but he lacks pace and therefore he had to go.

Players In;

With Centre Backs Cris and Anderson both out injured for 7 and 10 months respectively, only one recognised Left Back in the squad (Fabio Grosso), the only Defensive Midfielder the distinctly average Marc Crosas, and only 2 out-and-out Strikers (Fred and Karim Benzema), I certainly had some strengthening to do.

Jean Makoun - £9.25million(£3.5million upfront with £6.25million over 24months) - Lille

Jimmy Briand - £7.5million - Rennes

Christopher Samaba - £3.5million(£1million upfront with £2.5million over 24months) - Blackburn

Ivan Starkov - £1million - Lokomotiv Moscow

Henri Saivet - £625k - Bordeaux

Mamadou Sakho - £625k - Paris St. Germain

I am 100% sure that Jean Makoun will prove value for money, at just 24 years of age he has years in him.

Jimmy Briand has been absolutely raved about on the forum, so I am hoping that he will perform for me aswell as he has for everyone else who constantly bangs on about his ability.

Christopher Samba is another player who I have seen mentioned alot on the forum. The price was decent in my opinion, and Im sure he'll slot straight in with no problems. At only 23 he is another who I am sure will prove to be more than value for money.

Ivan Starkov is only 21, and will mainly just be a back-up to Fabio Grosso. But he looks like a decent prospect.

Henri Saivet and Mamadou Sakho are just 16 and 17 years old respectively and are certainly for the future. Although I will have no reservations about putting Sakho into the team if needs be.

1st Team Squad

Goalkeepers;

1.Gregory Coupet (Out For 3 Months)

30.Remy Vercourte

35.Frederic Roux

Defenders;

2.Francois Clerc

3.Cris (Out For 5 Months)

4.Christopher Samba

5.Mathieu Bodmer

11.Fabio Grosso

12.Ivan Starkov

20.Anthony Reveillere

22.Cleber Anderson (Out For Season)

29.Sebastien Squillaci

31.Mamadou Sakho

32.Jean-Alain Boumsong

Midfielders;

6.Kim Kallstrom

8.Juninho Pernambucano

14.Sidney Govou

21.Marc Crosas

26.Jean Makoun

28.Jeremy Toulalon

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

10.Karim Benzema - retrained to AMR

18.Hatem Ben Arfa

19.Cesar Delgado

23.Kader Keita

39.Henri Saivet

Strikers;

7.Jimmy Briand

9.Fred

The Story So Far

Well I left the captain selections as they were given to me, with Juninho as my captain, and Gregory Coupet, (when he gets fit), as vice captain. I also immediately retrained Karim Benzema as a Right Winger. He WILL play as a striker, I just like to have versatility from my players. In addition to this, Mathieu Bodmer will most likely play most of this 1st season as a centre back due to the injuries to Cris and Cleber Anderson, and also Jean-Alain Boumsong is rubbish and I'll use him as little as possible.

After playing 3 friendlies in America, my first competitive game came in the Champions Trophy against Sochaux. By this game the only players I had added to my squad were Mamadou Sakho and Henri Saivet, so options ere limited. I deployed a 4-5-1 system, with the emphasis on counter attacking. And at half time it was seemingly working as we lead 2-0 thanks to Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa. Sochaux pulled one back early in the second half, but skipper Juninho made it 3-1 on the hour mark and that is how the game finished.

Champions Trophy vs.Sochaux

So far we have played 6 league games and sit top of the table, although I am far from happy from how we have started. Goals haven't been flowing, and even the fans are disappointed with some of the performances. And as for my board confidence after August............well lets just say it could be better.

League Results So Far;

Sochaux (H) 1-0

Nancy (A) 1-0

Lille (H) 0-0

Lorient (A) 1-1

Caen (H) 2-0

Auxerre (A) 4-1

League Table So Far

The draw for the Champions League Group Stage has been made, and we were seeded 2nd. Our group is as follows;

Barcelona

Lyon

Sporting Lisbon

Olympiakos

We could have got an easier draw in truth, but I still expect us to progress to the knockout phase.

Any comments you have on my signings, squad, or anything for that matter are more than welcome. Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too long!

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another cm/dm to look at is Biglia from Anderlecht great future for him irl and in the game he is good also

he just moved to everton for £12m. anymore?

i dont want benega though as ive got him on my leeds game and want to try a few new players. Theres been loads of high priced tranfers on my game

clichy to valencia for £19m + vicente!!

aaron lennon to inter for £31m

rossi to roma £39m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that Borowski from Werder Bremen never tried him though.

Tomtuck01

Well well what a nice opening post i'd say. icon_wink.gif

Signings are great imo only you have to know that Briand isn't as good as before the latest patch (so i've been told) but with proper training he will be though (just to let you know).

The title shouldn't be a problem mate.

Question : How does Delgado look on 8.02 and don't you use him upfront and Lyon did sign Ederson why isn't he in the squad??

teams wanted too much for other players so i thought he is good value for money and french. plus he'll be used as back up jaoquin whos made an impressive start.

Im trying to line up a move for landreau, bid £8m so far. if i get him then io dont think ill spend again till the summer, unless my lovely chairman decides to sell players again.

ive just lost fred for a month so until hes back defoe will get a chance

Nice post tomtuck but Lyon signed Ederson where is he? Me and Purefun are such curious cats icon_cool.gif

Carlleeds if you need a CM/DM have a look at this guy. He is a good player now and you should be able to pick him up quite cheaply.

Pierre Ducasse

Also Jimbob take a look at this guy too, I will create a list of French talents who are impressive in my game now shortly.

Archived