FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Hahaha! Legend status your too kind icon_biggrin.gif

Purefun:

Yeah there is more money comming in for me, however the first 4 months my staduim was only a 10,000 seater due to the work going around so I will really see the benefit at the start of my 6th season. I'll probably just get taxed more tho! Lol!

Sqwiggle:

What does your squad look like and what players have you brought in? With just using the default players the obvoius Lyon strengths are the midfield and attack. If your a tradionalist then a 4-4-2 is very effective (I used a 4-4-2 for my first two seasons, it was highly effective) ofc the beauty of the 4-4-2 is you can have a diamond 4-4-2 etc, there are so many variations.

Also consider what style of play you wish to adopt, I wouldn't suggest you play the bolton style of 10 behind the ball and a long ball to the lone striker. A passing style, that is attacking is best suited to Lyon imo.

You can also play with 3 at the back which is what purefun was using (not sure if he has gone to four now) that can be just as good. However you may wish to change from playing 3 at the back if you playing in the CL or away from home against one of the stronger french teams. As a top class opponent can exploit you for only having three CB's.

If your not too confident or good with tactics sqwiggle either have a look at the tactics section of the FM forum, or if you like if once you have brought in all the players you want you can ask for advice in this thread. I am sure everyone will help you.

The main point is to bring in the right players to suit the style of play you wish your team to play.

Even in my 5th season I am still making minor adjustments to my tactic altho I am very happy with mine. Its still not quite perfect.

Sir frosinone

Welcome, its much nicer on this side of the grass than Milan icon_wink.gif lol.

------

Think that about covers my lil ramble icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

Hopey

I still play with 3 at the back mate. Its sick and disturbing and my next game (with Anderlecht) i'm playing with four.

Lol, 4-3-2-1 is the way to go icon_cool.gif

Working a treat for me, altho I still need to tweak my three CM/DM players there not quite perfect just yet.

Altho I must admit I did use my old school 4-1-4-1 against Bourdeux(terrible attempt at spelling!) who are my closest rivals this season. Oh you should have seen the carnage I was three nil up inside the first twenty minutes with possesion at around 60%. Totally dominated them off the pitch. I think they forgot how to play football as I had the ball for so long icon_biggrin.gif

Btw I won the world clup championship, and have drawn KB(Danish team) In the first round knockout after finnishing first in my CL group 4 points clear of Everton. icon_smile.gif

Sahko is at Barca on my game. PSG wouldn't sell him to me not even for £100Million(I didn't have a £100Million but I was curoius)

And then Barca bid £22.5Million and he gets sold, damn PSG icon_biggrin.gif

But I have Pichu who looks immense now! And Leo Sch(sp) who is very promising along with Pique/Samba and Cahais im spoilt for choice ahhh! lol.

Squilchi did a good job for me as captain before I decided he was too old

Originally posted by Sqwiggle:

9.6M offer for Toulalan. what shall i do? (by the way its from Inter)

Couldn't agree more with BB. He is mister Lyon imo. Never sell unless offcourse he doesn't fit your tactics but than i would choose other tactics. Great player and like mentioned + 25 mil + sell-on + ... + ... and +. Always negotiate the bid never turn it down or they get unhappy mate. Ask for something ridiculous.

hello all, sorry to post this in here but thought it would be the best place.

Ive just signed benzema on my leeds save for £30.5m as i was in need of a world class striker. I play a 442 with him partnering saivet (season 6). so far hes not really done anything...but i havent had him long. How good is this guy and do you give him any special instructions? cheers in advance

Originally posted by Sqwiggle:

change of plan it autosaved after the game (somebody hates me) so ill just have to carry on and forget about me having a positive goal difference for a while

a while being until january iirc icon_frown.gif

when my game went tits up like that i played 3 league games after and conceded 47 goals (19 against monaco) icon_biggrin.gif

Transfer window just closed and it was a buey window for lyon. out went Govuv muller baros

in came fernandez cassina vucinic, briand, barzagli, and more just cant remember.

4 points clear in the league sfter5 games i think.

champions league group arsenal lazio and an average tesm will give a proper update on wed with screenshots.

You get a new item about registering players, plus if you go onto the sqaud page there is a bar at the bottom which says

"squad numbers

Max of 4 non eu players <number here>

Squad numbers assigned: <number here"

On the right of this box there is a button that says "change" click it and assign people numbers.

Or when you sign a player you get three buttons, training/report and other one(cant remember of the top of my head lol) click this other one and it should take you to assigning squad numbers and registration.

Hope that makes sense :/

A little bit gutted, considring i won the CL, league and a cup, thought i would get slightly more than £20mil as transfer kitty, but anyway i guess that will have to do, although the board have agreed to expand the stadium for me.

Also should i sell Benzema, i only play 1 up front and Asamoah does that with Fred as backup, or should i sell Fred due to him being older, and keep Benzema?

Cheers, Jimbob.

If you have to or need to I would sell Fred over Benzema, however they both class. Fred is such a clinical striker, but in the long run Benzema is the better player (Only due to age really).

So if you must I think you should sell Fred over Benzema.

---

Right this isn't a ask for tactic help but I have noticed something which I consider a little odd. So I was wondering weather it is me having a "blonde" moment or weather other people have noticed this. Now this is my current orginal tactic that I have been using for the last 3 seasons:

Orginal: Orginal tac

Now it was working fine with the exception of the 3 CM/DM positions, I couldn't quite find that perfect balance between DM and CM with play being broken up and that starting my counter attack or just attack.

So I had a mess around and tried this:

Modified tac: Modified positions

As you can see I have pushed them up further and added a barrow or back arrow for my middle CM, now after I did this I noticed that these three are now breaking up play alot more often and disturbing better. The middle CM in particular is getting between 10-15 maybe more interceptions then in my prevoius tactic which he would get 5 at the very most.

So I am wondering isit because these guys start of in orginal positions higher up on the pitch. Because I would have thought my orginal 3 CM/DM at a further back position would be better placed to break up play then the 3 CM's that are pushed up to the half way line. I am just finding this a lil odd that if I push them up and put barrows on them they are alot more effective at breaking play and general DM play.

Am I just having a blonde moment and the answer is obvoiusly staring me in the face? Has all the partying/drinking at Uni suddenly began to effect me icon_biggrin.gif Any one have any thoughts? If not no probs! icon_smile.gif

Btw ignore the information and players in positions I just needed a s.s of the two formations lol.

Nice 1 hopey i will try and squeeze as much money out of the clubs interested.

By the way i wish i could answer your question, but it is a strange 1 (the tactic solution not ur question), i would just party a bit more until you get so wasted you forget about your tactic, accidently delete your save and start again. icon_wink.gif

Jimbob

There modified tactic seems to be working much more effectively then my prevoius one. I just put four past Saint-Etienne, and I just beat FC Kob 5-0 at home. With possesion at 64% and 60% for both matches and more interceptions from the three CM positions, altho I don't know weather its just luck with my timing as I may have hit a rich vain of form.

Hmmm, one for me to think about I guess :/

I dunno why but I prefer the orginal looking tactic than the other even tho the newer version seems to be working more effectively. Haha, I know im a odd ball icon_razz.gif

HoPeY, you must be a mind....game reader....whatever, i accepted a bid of £15 mill before checkin this, gr8 prediction m8.

And yeah im holdin on to Benzema, just got Sunny, he looks class chasin a CM now, maybe Sulley Ali Muntari,will pay £13mil, any reccomendations m8, cheers.

Originally posted by Jimbob_BCFC:

HoPeY, you must be a mind....game reader....whatever, i accepted a bid of £15 mill before checkin this, gr8 prediction m8.

And yeah im holdin on to Benzema, just got Sunny, he looks class chasin a CM now, maybe Sulley Ali Muntari,will pay £13mil, any reccomendations m8, cheers.

Lol well what can I say ;D

Sunny - He is good, but there are a few other players who are better Veloso/Lucas/Maschereno. However sunny should fit nicely in your team he is still a good player icon_smile.gif

CM or defensive CM? Or a offensive CM?

Muntari is good no doubt, however take a look at Ben Arfa, he is top notch and gets even better. I can't tell you how good he gets, he is immense for me in my 5th season and he can also play CM. You could also look at Denilson or Diarby both from Arsenal however Denilson will take a non EU spot and if you don't have one spare then Denilson isn't really an option.

You also have Toulalan if you haven't sold him, he is class and a good CM.

Thats just a few of the top of my head, theres loads more obv but my brain might melt down if I over work it icon_wink.gif

I've been away for a couple of hours and look at those posts. Anyway everything has been answered so no work for me. icon_wink.gif

Hopey

Your modified tactic suits your players better i think. Your first tactic would be hell for the other teams but the second one will give you more goals and possesion on this years version on last years it would be the first one though. Man i don't understand myself. icon_confused.gif

Archived