FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys, 2nd season update:

Jan transfer window:

Ahhhhh! Valencia signed breno, I offered him more money etc but he choose Valencia and he is on peanuts there gutted. Been chasing him for years lol! Oh well...

Here is how my CL group finnished:

CL_Group

Here is the Ligue 1 Standings fo far:

Ligue1 Jan

And here is my squad (Youngers out on loan, stancu is amazing on loan at moment, 22 apps 24 goals for Rapid not bad) Anyway my squad:

Squad Jan

--------

Looking for a LB obv, Looking at getting that Argie from Liverpool Insuia I think his name is. Any other areas you think I should strengthen? Looking to get another argie aswell in the shape of Bangea or however you spell it (Sorry to tired to check icon_biggrin.gif) All thoughts welcome, be gentle this is my first time playing it as I have had to revise for exams icon_frown.gif

Footie

Don't sell Fred he is easely one of the best strikers in the game. Bojan won't come to Lyon simple fact. Aaron is a great signing for future but not ready for 1st team yet so loan him out. Pandev obviously is great.

Do you use two strikers? If so rotate them three, if not well sell Pandev imo.

Hopey

Good season so far keep it up. icon14.gif

Your squad needs nothing i think, only sell remy, juninho and reveilleire.

Could you post a screenshot of Lulinha? I have him too and a season further but i have loaned him out for four seasons so he hasn't had the benefit of my 7 star coaching!!

If you can buy Banega and Insua by all means DO it. icon_biggrin.gif

Just brought Banega for £6Million, And im haggling with liverpool over Insua

Here is Lulinha, I have loaned him out in Jan to my portugese feeder club who aren't bad. But he has improved everyweek since I brought him to Lyon, even by bringing him on for the last 10 mins of a game has helped. Okay maybe he doesn't look that impressive but in time he will be for me I have no doubt about that

For purefun ;D

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizkid:

BB

What skin are you using mate?

And ill be posting an end of Aug update soon icon14.gif

Swite Ultimate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey buddy, I'm using Swite Original, but can you tell me where can I get Swite Ultimate from? I looked everywhere and I can't find it. I looked at the Skinning forum and FMGLive, but no luck.....

BTW, very soon I'll be starting my Lyon game. I'm thinking of getting Barzagli, Menez and Briand. Would I have the money for all three?

Originally posted by yonko:

Thanks, I'm downloading right now. Have you changed anything? Any bugs? I'll probably change the attributes colors.....

haven't noticed anything wrong with it but then i didn't make the skin icon_biggrin.gif but yeah the colour of the stats could do with changing but i have no idea how to do it

Originally posted by yonko:

BTW, very soon I'll be starting my Lyon game. I'm thinking of getting Barzagli, Menez and Briand. Would I have the money for all three?

yes if you ask for more money (which the board normally gives) you have enough, but still you easely sell some fringe players (santos, muller, roux, anderson, baros ...)

Update on my career.

The January transfer window in season 2 has now closed. I didn't buy any players.

The only player I sold was Mihelic who I sometimes subbed on. 44 clubs were after him (when I listed him with a £0 price tag).

I sold him to Villareal for £5M over 6 months and £20M after his next international appearance. He played for his country just 7 days later, so I got £25M for him icon_smile.gif

My squad is very small now, with only 6 subs. I want to sell off Govou, Bodmer and Toulalan. I'll have to make some major transfers at the end of the season; currently have £84M to spend. I wish Messi was interested in a move to Lyon, since he signed a contract with a £41M release. I really want to bring in Saivet and Vela too, but their price tags are high.

Currently sitting at the top of the league table, 18 points ahead of Saint-Etienne after 25 matches.

Playing Valencia in CL 1st Knockout Rnd.

Playing Bastia in Coupe Semi's.

Playing Stade Rennais in French Cup 11th Rnd.

Best player so far is Keita, playing on a 7.84.

teeyougee

Great piece of business with mihelic.

So you only have like 17-18 players if i'm correct!! Needless to say : watch out with injuries.

And you want to sell those three and they are all french too. Remember you're a french team mate keep it french (well its your game obviously).

Spend some money on Saivet mate you want him i know it icon_wink.gif.

Messi will come after a few more years when you won the Champions League a couple of times. I know it because i've done it.

Yeah, I was suprised when I saw 44 clubs interested in Mihelic. But then again, the 2 times that I gave Mihelic a real opportunity, he got MoM.

I subbed him on at half time, when Matias got injured and I was 1-0 down. Told him he could make the difference, and he finished on a 9, with something like an assist and 2 goals. I won 4-2. Then I let him play 1st 11 in the French Cup and he played on a 9. Other than that I sub him on in the last mins.

Yeah only got 17 players :/ I put Thiago, Wijnaldum, Pjanic in subs when I get injuries. Though they are no-where near ready. I had a crisis a few mins ago, 4 people missing against Marseille away, but I pulled through with a 1-1 draw, and their keeper got MoM.

Well, I def wanna get rid of Govou before he hits 30, and he's usully a sub (paying a lt for his wages). Toulalan I'll keep unless I get a great offer, but he really doesn't fit into my formation as a DM. Need someone with higher tackling. And Bodmer I guess I'll keep unless I get a good offer. He's still quite young but again, not ideal for my formation.

I think I'll go for Saivet icon_razz.gif Will cost around 6M I think.

Haha, I doubt I'll win the CL for another few seasons, my players gotta hit their potential first (Ustari, Ben Arfa, Benzema etc).

Quick question:

I have an £11.5M offer accepted for Briand. Should I buy him? He'll come in at the end of the season.

BUT - I play a lone striker, and 2 AMCs with Farrows.

I have Fred, Benzema and Matias in those 3 positions, with Ben Arfa & Keita on the wings

Originally posted by teeyougee:

BB, buy VDV if you need him, after a season you can sell him for around 20M+

bah the bastards now want 12M for him despite them being in the 2nd german league icon_mad.gif

only managed to play 1 game last night being the Champions Trophy but won 3-0 with Del Horno, Benzema and Briand \o/

Quick question:

I have an £11.5M offer accepted for Briand. Should I buy him? He'll come in at the end of the season.

BUT - I play a lone striker, and 2 AMCs with Farrows.

I have Fred, Benzema and Matias in those 3 positions, with Ben Arfa & Keita on the wings

Realistcally only you can answer that question, however judging your formation I would presume you play Fred or Benzema in the ST role, and Matias and others in the AMC roles. So the question you have to ask yourself is will three strikers competiting for one slot be good? Is it worth it?

I play two upfront, so I have less of a problem, £11.5 million for Briand is not a bad deal considering I paid £16million for him at the end of season one (Which I think is a not bad price either btw)

So do you need another striker for that one position? Will it not case you more trouble because you can't decide who to play? Do you want one of them (as all three are class) to effectively rot on the bench..

Pretty sure I haven't been much help and have just given you more questions than answers, but only really you can say weather another striker is needed if you only play one upfront.

As I have said £11.5 is not a bad price if you do decide to buy him..

Thanks for the fast reply HoPeY.

I always play Fred upfront, with Matias and Benzema behind him (as Benzema is an accomplished AMC).

If anything, I think it'll be Fred competing with Briand for the striker spot. It'd be great to have 2 great strikers, in the event that one gets a long term injury. But you're right, one will be rotting away on the bench.

I agree, 11.5M is a good deal - even though I've never had Briand in any of my teams - I've heard so much about him. Plus I'm sure I could sell him off for over 20M if need be.

I'm considering playing Briand in the league, and Fred in all other matches.

Hmm, I dunn whether to accept or not. I guess I'll delay the transfer until I decide.

Thanks again

Thanks for the fast reply HoPeY.

I always play Fred upfront, with Matias and Benzema behind him (as Benzema is an accomplished AMC).

If anything, I think it'll be Fred competing with Briand for the striker spot. It'd be great to have 2 great strikers, in the event that one gets a long term injury. But you're right, one will be rotting away on the bench.

I agree, 11.5M is a good deal - even though I've never had Briand in any of my teams - I've heard so much about him. Plus I'm sure I could sell him off for over 20M if need be.

I'm considering playing Briand in the league, and Fred in all other matches.

Hmm, I dunn whether to accept or not. I guess I'll delay the transfer until I decide.

Thanks again

Then buy him, if you play Benzema in one of the AMC roles, then get Briand he will offer a solid goal scoring solution if Fred form dips or he gets injured. So on the information you gave me I would say to you buy him icon_smile.gif Of course thats just my views. GL with your choice I am sure you will make the right one icon_wink.gif

Teeyougee

You've got to believe in your team mate. icon_biggrin.gif

No serious when a player doesn't fit in your plans and/or team you need to sell them and get replacements.

For DM i would strongly recommend Makoun.

But give me a screenshot of your team makes it easier for me.

Thanks for the advice HoPeY and purefun.

I'm gonna buy him. I don't want to rely on Fred alone to win matches. Like you said, he might go through a rough patch or get a long-term injury, then I probably wont be able to get Briand for even 20M in future.

As for buying a DM, I was considering Makoun or Veloso. If I have space for non-EUs, maybe Lucas.

I'll post a screeny of my team at the end of the season, along with who I'm definately gonna sell.

Thanks again

thats before he was ripped from my team with a good few others for the ****ing Olympics icon_mad.gif

please those Olympics i had six players on my first team who were called up and the first ones who came back were after the semi-final, thats almost a month gone icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

thats before he was ripped from my team with a good few others for the ****ing Olympics icon_mad.gif

please those Olympics i had six players on my first team who were called up and the first ones who came back were after the semi-final, thats almost a month gone icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

****ers took Benzema icon_frown.gif and my keeper icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

please those Olympics i had six players on my first team who were called up and the first ones who came back were after the semi-final, thats almost a month gone icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

****ers took Benzema icon_frown.gif and my keeper icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PFFF Ben Arfa, Menez, Benzema, Banega, and i believe Costil and Keita

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Bunch of women you lot are! Get on with it, quit whinnin' icon_wink.gif hahahah icon_biggrin.gif

Lol

Yeah Olympics are annoying :/

Okay, I've been using Fred wrong all season -.-

Had him as my TM with instructions set to "mixed". He scored 23, assisted 10 in 33 games. I changed TM instructions to "Run onto Ball" and in 5 matches he has scored 8 and assisted 2. Played on a 9-9-8-9-8. If only I set it to RoB from the start :/

Uh, anyone think Lucas is worth spending £15-20M on?

I have fred as target man instructions to mixed and he doesn't fail to score for me at all, I shall try run onto ball tho and see. But could it not be the teams you were playing were playing a higher line?

I would say £12 million max for Lucas. I think Veloso or Makoun are worth more of the £15 -20 + million bracket rather than Lucas.

But could it not be the teams you were playing were playing a higher line?

Hmm, it could be that. I'll carry on playing this way for another 5 matches and see if he continues his form

---

I agree, Lucas was one of the best DMs 3+ seasons on in my other saves.

tbh HoPeY, I prefer Lucas over Makoun and Veloso. I doubt I'd pay over 10M for either of them. But I'll see what I can get each of them for and decide then

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But could it not be the teams you were playing were playing a higher line?

Hmm, it could be that. I'll carry on playing this way for another 5 matches and see if he continues his form

---

I agree, Lucas was one of the best DMs 3+ seasons on in my other saves.

tbh HoPeY, I prefer Lucas over Makoun and Veloso. I doubt I'd pay over 10M for either of them. But I'll see what I can get each of them for and decide then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to agree with Hopey. I bought Veloso and Makoun because Lucas wasn't available. And they are both worldclass in my game. Well worth there money. But i prefer Lucas if i can afford him.

I could have brought Lucas for 6million from liverpool in the Jan window, but I decided not too, as I have Veloso and Banega so I didn't see the point. And I don't have purefuns addiction of collecting players (sorry had to be said icon_biggrin.gif)

I am not denying his class however, I had him on my Lyon FM07 game he was immense. But for me I am sorted in the DM field

Update:

Through to CL Semi's. Beat Valencia in the Knockouts 8-3 on agg. Lost to Fenerbahce 3-2 away in 1st leg of QF. Then beat them 4-1 at home as Fred returned from a 1 month injury.

Beat Stade Rennaise 4-0 in the Coupe final, scoring all 4 within the first 21 minutes.

Top of the league by 27 points after 32 games. Won it after 30 games.

Belhadj is out for 3 weeks now. Have to play Sakho LB, though he really isn't ready.

Playing Inter in the Champs League SF.

Playing Saint Etienne in the French Cup QF.

I should be able to win the French Cup if their keeper doesn't manage to get MoM.

I doubt I'll get to the Champs league finals. Even if I do, I'll be facing Juve/Porto, so I doubt I'll win.

Other than that, doing quite well so far

Your squad looks pretty solid from the quick scan I had of it. Perhaps a solid goalkeeper? As coupet is okay but nothing special, Ustari or Akineev? etc I don't know how good Felipe is mate so he might be good for you, that would be my only advice to you!

Otherwise your team looks pretty solid tbh.

End of Jan Window:

Sold coupet he was annoying me, wages off my budget aswell. Brought in Vincent Eneyma(sp) for £1.5million abit of a panic buy as I only had 5million to spend and I couldn't get Ustari/Akineev or Costil with that money.

First knockout stage I lost 2-1 to shalke on the first leg (I was away) I used the wrong formation and to add insult to injury the game before Benzema got injured and was out for a month icon_frown.gif Anyway, it was my fault but then it was compounded even worse when it was 1-1 till the 94th minute and Peter Lovenkrands scored a goal which was quite clearly offside (the 2d engine and the text said it was) but it was given. Thats life, I am still going to bum them at home tho. I have an away goal and I can score for fun at home as many teams have found out. So I am fairly confident I'll progress. Into the final of one of the french cups (Can't remember the name lol sorry!) beat toulouse 3-2 to get there. Also sitting 24 points clear of the league with about 10 games to go icon_cool.gif

Oh and Banega is out for 4months after getting injured in only his second game for me Lol! Ah well, he is one for the future not to fussed at the moment icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by glory utd:

It was Aspirin who signed Cheyrou and raved about him yeah? Does anyone remember if that was Benoit Cheyrou or Bruno Cheyrou? Probably Purefun was the only one posting at the time, other than myself and Aspirin ofc.

Aspirin choices of players sometimes frightens me icon_biggrin.gif (just kidding) but it was the second one if i'm not mistaken. None of the two are good enough for Lyon imho.

Archived