FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

purefun

Thanks for your thoughts on my regens, much appreciated! And a big yes to signing Luis Jimenez. He's a quality player for any side on the game, neveremind just Les Gones.

And naughty liam again, copying and pasting my "mini guide"! icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by allanshearer:

i just sold Benzema to liverpool for 8million plus i get 30%

Your abit late for a April fools joke? icon_biggrin.gif

8Million? Even if Benzema didn't want to play for me I would keep him and wait for a bigger offer to come in. That is the best piece of business I think I have ever seen the AI do in all of the FM's lolololol.

i don't care what u think of the prise he when for if a player whant's to go i let them go

Obviously it's your choice, people were just saying that if you had held onto him, you would of got alot more money for him, he probably would of stopped being unhappy also if he was being played regularly.

i don't care what u think of the prise he when for if a player whant's to go i let them go

No problem mate. icon_smile.gif

But could you give us the reason? Maybe you rejected offers for him without negotiating to a ridiculous amount? ...

he was up set that i turnd down offers for him thats why he had 2 go

Intresting one. Who've you replaced him with?

You'll have a tough job for 8m but i expect Gignac will be available for that much.

he was up set that i turnd down offers for him thats why he had 2 go

Never gets upset when I turn down offers and I've turned down plenty lol. Also you are aware that he would only be "upset" for about 2-3 games worth and then he would be back to loving Lyon lol, but hey you've made your choice, don't hold out for that 30% cut any time soon tho lol

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Do you think Juninho can cut it as a defensive mid?

I want to fit Juninho, Toulalan, Bodmer, Kallstrom and Ben Arfa into the same tactic.

Play Bodmer DM Juninho CM Toulalan CM Ben Arfa AM Kallstrom AM/CM and if you don't want to be narrow Make your full backs run the pitch

Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you think Juninho can cut it as a defensive mid?

No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Guys nealy over my pre season for Season 2. I really need to sign a center back for me. Ive bid up to 20 million for Micha Richards but Man City having none of it.

Anyone else got any good ideas and plus could use a good Def Mid any ideas. And the board accepted a bid for Bodmer off 11 Mil to Man Utd :@

hello all, i have decided to start a game as lyon just because they are the best team in France by far.

i just want to gather an idea of what type of tactics may work well with them and what positions need help.

thanks for any help icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Sir_Frosinone - just thought Id post this, (that I posted a few pages back), for you. It doesn't have loads of player recommendations, as I prefer to find my own players and therefore am not a big one for telling others who to buy....................they should find out for themselves! Wink

First thing you should do is ask your board for extra transfer funds, you should then be given about £30million to spend.At the start of your game you start with a few injuries which will need to be addressed, those are;

Gregory Coupet - 5 months

Cris - 7 months

Cleber Anderson - 12 months

Fred - 2 months

Goalkeepers - Usually people would suggest getting another GK such as Hugo Lloris or Carlos Kameni. In my game I didn't go and buy another keeper and used Remy Vercoutre until Coupet was fit again. Now into my 7th season and he is my 1st choice. If you do go for another keeper, then look to Remy Riou of Auxerre. He is quality young keeper and not as expensive as Kameni or Lloris.

Defence - The centre back position needs to be addressed as you are short of cover with the 2 players above out injured, and if you are playing on patch 8.0.2 you should have Jean Alain Boumsong in your squad, and quite frankly, he is rubbish. Many people would suggest to look to Christopher Samba of Blackburn. He is usually available for less than £2million and is a quality performer. Also, sell Patrick Muller. He isn't a bad defender, but he lacks pace, something that is desperately needed at the back.

Also you need cover at left back as the only one you have is Fabio Grosso. Personally I just retrained Anthony Reveillere to be able to play LB aswell so he could cover both full back spots. If you do want to buy another LB, people usually recommend Armand Traore of Arsenal or Taye Taiwo of Marseille.

Midfield - You alkready have a very strong midfield, the onlt position I would advise to improve is in the DM position. Jean Mkoun of Lille is available for around £8million and is a very good player. If you dont wish to sign another DM then you can train Mathieu Bodmer to a DM, he seems to perfrom very well in whatever position he is used. Besides that you should be alright there. Juninho, despite his age, will perform well for 3 seasons. And never sell Kim Kallstrom, he is brilliant. Assists and goals aplenty.

Strikers - You already have 2 extremely good performers in the shape of Fred and Karim Benzema, but another option isn't bad. I bought Jimmy Briand for £7million. Though not as good on the original game or on patch 8.0.1he will still get you goals.

And there is a joker transfer window which is inbetween the end of the summer transfer window and the beginning of the January one when you can buy/loan one player from another French team.

And last but not least, good luck!

There you go tomtuck's guide to Lyon, very food, and like I sai, tomtucks guide, in no way is it mine icon_wink.gif

Skidro

Originally posted by purefun:

Welcome mate and good luck. In addition some extra players to look at :

GK : Costil, Bailly, Delle, Proto

Def : Mathieu (Toulouse), Delpierre, Bellaid

Mid : Sankhare (a must imo), Menez, Gouffran

Striker : Grax, Gignac, Chamakh (sp) (Bordeaux)

Just have a look at them mate.

Also the usual french youngsters, you know them there are plenty of them. icon_smile.gif

Also are you playing on 8.02?

Originally posted by purefun:

Skidro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Welcome mate and good luck. In addition some extra players to look at :

GK : Costil, Bailly, Delle, Proto

Def : Mathieu (Toulouse), Delpierre, Bellaid

Mid : Sankhare (a must imo), Menez, Gouffran

Striker : Grax, Gignac, Chamakh (sp) (Bordeaux)

Just have a look at them mate.

Also the usual french youngsters, you know them there are plenty of them. icon_smile.gif

Also are you playing on 8.02? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i am.

i just satrted the game now hoping to have some success with a 4-3-1-2

i think i'll give vercoutre a chance in goal and buy a goalkeeper nextr season and concentrate more on my central defence. and possibly another striker

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Centre back go for Samba - wont cost much over £1m.

Striker well all the ones listed above, also you could just just loan Bojan, then you'll have 3 top strikers when Fred returns with perhaps a couple of youngsters like Saivet and Le Tallec

ive heard so much about samba, he doesnt look that good compared to most but i'll give him a try as hes cheap and decent.

keita seems to be scoring for me so im thinking to givehim a chance and not spend any money on strikers but i will loan bojan as he canbe handy.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

There you go tomtuck's guide to Lyon, very food, and like I sai, tomtucks guide, in no way is it mine icon_wink.gif

Hahaha love the credit given liam, top stuff! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol at my spelling errors! I really should check before I post, you should go about getting that mini-guide of yours copyrighted or something, or charge £1 for everyone that wants to read it, you'd make a fair bit of money!

skidro

Samba's stats do look average but develop very quickly, won't be the best in the world but will be good enough! and at his price he's superb, and yeah Keita can do well from the ST role although I preferred him as MR/AMR scored and assisted from there, but everyones different icon14.gif

Archived