FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Pfft, can't get into the Toulosue game at the monet, after 19 league games I was 4 points ahed of Lyon, but that can wait again, start playing this game again icon14.gif

Lol, how can you not get into it if you were leading Lyon? icon_confused.gif don't get why you are unable to get "into it"

Lol.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol cheers!

While your on fancy helping me with this little dilema(sp?).

Just got this offer off of Sevilla for Benoit Costil.

£475k

40% - Next Sale

£3.3m - 24 months

£40m - 1 int appearance.

Thing is he's only capped at U-21's and now at 24 years old is not in the French team.

Lol cheers!

While your on fancy helping me with this little dilema(sp?).

Just got this offer off of Sevilla for Benoit Costil.

£475k

40% - Next Sale

£3.3m - 24 months

£40m - 1 int appearance.

Thing is he's only capped at U-21's and now at 24 years old is not in the French team.

no deal imo

Do not sell Costil, especially not for that offer. It's more than likely he wont be capped for France. As I am witness to this on my first Lyon save which Costil was one of the best goalkeepers around and he never got capped by France in 15 seasons :/

If you do sell him (why sell him tho he is class) then I would negoiate a much better offer icon_smile.gif

Yeah I just took the **** and asked for £40m upfront aswell and they said no lol, he's staying then, I think about 95% of my team is French, only Messi I can think of that isn't.

I like it when the team is as french as possible!! icon14.gif

------

I have to restart my game guys. Everything is messed up. I tried to uninstall FM and to delete everything from my harddrive (so i did) and after that i wanted to reload FM and it wouldn't for some reason. So i needed to call some professional help fgs.(thats gonna cost me icon_frown.gif),

But when its fixed i will start over as Lyon on 8.01 or 8.02. Have to think about that.

Well after several hours i found the problem and fixed it. Something with the Launch thing ... anyway i have installed it and downloaded the latest patch and will start over during the weekend.

Ok, after being beaten twice in two seasons in the semis, then final, of the cl by lyon as man utd, i have decided to give les gones a go. im on patch 802.

These are my planned 1st season dealings:

In - Matias Fernandez - Buy

Almunia - Loan

Taiwo - Buy

Van Buyten - Buy

Menez - Buy or Dos Santos - Loan

Bojan - Loan

Flamini - Loan

Out - Roux

Boumsong

Ill post an update at the end of the transfer window.

The gaffer

Welcome mate and good luck,

Nice transfertargets. Don't know about Van Buyten though. He is good irl but in the game, He will be great if you use the cornerroutine offcourse.

Are you playing on 8.02?

Originally posted by purefun:

The gaffer

Welcome mate and good luck,

Nice transfertargets. Don't know about Van Buyten though. He is good irl but in the game, He will be great if you use the cornerroutine offcourse.

Are you playing on 8.02?

Yes, 8.02. ive also decided to change my interests from van buyten to samba so i have more money for youngesters.

icon_eek.gif

You sold Benzema and Kallstrom!

Benzema is brilliant! also with Kallstrom you could of got around £20-£30m, are you just planning on using Fred then?

ye i'm planning on using fred and on other saves i've had with lyon benzema never scores he dosen't like me. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by HoPeY:

If that is on 8.02 Holte Fred is crap, he is utter rubbish, Benzema would score more than Fred on 8.02 lol. And Kallstrom is quality why sell him icon_frown.gif

I think Tomtuck would totally disagree on Fred mate. icon_smile.gif

---------

Holteend

Thats a big fee for Lloris mate!!!

Try to get some more youngsters in : Benzerga, Acapandie, Saunier, Bocaly, ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

If that is on 8.02 Holte Fred is crap, he is utter rubbish, Benzema would score more than Fred on 8.02 lol. And Kallstrom is quality why sell him icon_frown.gif

I think Tomtuck would totally disagree on Fred mate. icon_smile.gif

---------

Holteend

Thats a big fee for Lloris mate!!!

Try to get some more youngsters in : Benzerga, Acapandie, Saunier, Bocaly, ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks i will try to get some more youngsters

and i always get lioris since i had him with 20 for reflexs and 20 for handling on a hull save

He can disagree all he likes, but it's still a fact that Fred on 8.02 isn't the same Fred as he was on 8.00 or 8.01 icon_smile.gif

Personal opinions are irrelevant :>

Thats correct he was a beast before 8.02. Anyway he bought Cavani he will turn out great.

If that is on 8.02 Holte Fred is crap, he is utter rubbish

Im sorry but that is absolute, (sorry to swear), ****ing crap! icon_wink.gif

He has been sensational for me, and if you dont believe it then I will post screenshots of every seasons he has had under my management.

By the way, get in United last night!! That could only have been better had I been there!! The best moment of my life without a doubt!

Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The best moment of my life without a doubt!

What about 99? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I was only 11 then. So while it was a special moment, it was a lot harder to comperhend/understand just how big the victory.

Now Im 9 years older, I understand it much more, therefore it means a lot more.

Dont worry about Benzema, he'll end up getting goals in the end. He is the same for me at times, but still bags between 15 and 25 a season.

Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The best moment of my life without a doubt!

What about 99? icon_wink.gif

Benzema will not score! icon_mad.gif Has hit the post from the edge of the area, hit the crossbar from miles out and missed from six yards! He is doing my head in! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats why i sold him

Purefun i am trying to sign alot youngsters and alot of teams are trying to sign squillaci should i sell

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

What about 99? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I was only 11 then. So while it was a special moment, it was a lot harder to comperhend/understand just how big the victory.

Now Im 9 years older, I understand it much more, therefore it means a lot more.

Dont worry about Benzema, he'll end up getting goals in the end. He is the same for me at times, but still bags between 15 and 25 a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha just as he bags an 89th minute goal to give me a 1-0 win away to Nancy icon_biggrin.gif

Okay guys if just restarted as Lyon offcourse and on 8.02.

Now i need a good striker to replace Fred for now and that will grow in to a worldstriker and that doesn't cost to much (i cannot give you an exact figure because i'm spending like hell at the minute).

I already bid for Bojan (loan) and Grax but he is just to make a profit.

So if you can help me. Thx.

----

And for some reason Saivet and Saunier turned me down. The fools. icon_rolleyes.gif

Okay guys if just restarted as Lyon offcourse and on 8.02.

Now i need a good striker to replace Fred for now and that will grow in to a worldstriker and that doesn't cost to much (i cannot give you an exact figure because i'm spending like hell at the minute).

I already bid for Bojan (loan) and Grax but he is just to make a profit.

So if you can help me. Thx.

----

And for some reason Saivet and Saunier turned me down. The fools. icon_rolleyes.gif

vanger love always gets goals when i sign him

and did you change saivet and saunier from part time to full time i forget to do that sometimes

HolteEnd

Dont sell Seb Squillaci, he is quality. I only sold him because my chairman accepted a £17million bid from Milan for him at the end of my first season.

purefun

Surely you haven't sold Fred?? What do I keep telling everyone!?!?!?!

Have a look at Mevlut Erding (I think thats his name), from Sochaux. His alround stats aren't fantastic, but on my game he has scored loads of goals over the years for Sochaux.

(Sorry for the weird recommendation, but you know I never go for the "typical" players!)

Well, after buying Football Manager 2008 on the day of release, it has taken me until May to enjoy it and get a return for my money. I guess I haven’t really had time to get get really absorbed by it the way you do with FM. Have never really grasped it tactically since the demo, and I suppose that has a lot of bearing on it too. I started out a game with Spurs at the weekend and built a very strong tactic. I became addicted again. I played the first season in two days and really enjoyed it, but I didn’t plan that game out well nor did I like the squad so needed a change. So here I am back to my faithful Lyon and the best thread in the Good Player and Team Guide forum. I think I will only do proper seasonal updates, but will keep everyone updated as I go along anyway.

Intro

I’m on the top of the world with regards to FM at the moment, having started, what is in truth, only the second FM08 game I have gotten into six months. It might be because I have made a good tactic (I refuse to use downloadable ones), but more about that later! I am of course playing the game on patch 8.0.2. I loaded all the French leagues, so my reserves can play, and also the top divisions from Holland, Portugal, Germany, England, Spain and Italy.

Starting the Game

First thing I went to do when I started the game was perfecting my training schedules and getting in the right coaches. I do believe having good coaches is more detrimental to player development than ever before. I have all training categories being coached by six and seven star coaches, and also have more than one coach for each category so the workload isn’t too tough on them.

Strenght: Duverne – 6*

Aerobic: Marie – 7*

Goalkeeping: Bats & Martini – 7*

Tactics: Genet – 6*

Ball Control: Sonny Anderson – 7*

Defending: Chavrondier – 6*

Attacking: Rousset – 6*

Shooting: Paillot – 7*

Set Pieces – Fiorin – 6*

So not many new faces in, mainly youth coaches promoted, and also mainly French which is a must for me.

I’m very happy with my training schedules too. After only a month a lot of the youth players have had attribute increases!

GK

CB

FB

MC(d)

MC(a)

FW

AMC

TM

ST

My youth schedules are the same but turned down to suit their fragile young legs!

I didn’t stop there with the staff. I brought in the one and only Gianni Nanni as my main physio, meaning I now have three top physios. I re-inforced my scouting department too. I’ve got Lacombe with 16 for scouting player ability and potential, Garde with 16 in each, Bonneau with 13 and 17, Ed Van Stijn with 17 and 18, Senac with 18 in both, Martin with 17 and 20 and finally Rolland with 18 and 20. They are all now enjoying luxury vacations abroad watching footy. Spent £1.5m on staff all together.

Transfer Activity

I didn’t invisage any major signing here. The defence definitely needed some help though. Youth are mainly rubbish so ot rid of most of them and brought in my own. This is probably the strongest Lyon team I’ve had starting the first season, ever.

Transfers In

Urby Emanuelson - £5m – Ajax

Christopher Samba - £3m – Blackburn

John Mensah - £7.5m – Rennes

Jefferson Farfan - £7m – PSV

Benoit Costil - £750k – Caen

Mamadou Sakho - £400k – PSG

Younousse Sankhare - £925k – PSG

Henri Saivet - £450k - Bordeaux

Carlos Saez - £350k – Rayo

Rodney Sneijder - £230k – Ajax

Daniel De Palma - £210k – Lazio

Cala - £310k – Sevilla

Matthias Graf - £350k – Bremen

Total - £28m

Players Out

Released 41 players

Govou - £7m – Newcastle

Grosso - £7.5m – Villa

Muller – Loan – Brugge

Total - £14.5m

Transfers kind of self explanatory, Samba and Mensah in to bolster the defence, with Squillaci the only other Centre Back that can play at the moment. Emanuelson straight in for Grosso, hate him. Govou gone for Farfan. Just a better player, younger and a lower wage I guess. Costil as a sub keeper to Vercoutre until Coupet returns.

So my first team squad then:

Goalkeepers

Coupet

Vercoutre

Costil

Defenders

Cris

Squillaci

Samba

Mensah

Clerc

Emanuelson

Reveillere

Midfielders

Toulalan

Bodmer

Kallstrom

Attacking Midfielders

Juninho

BenArfa

Farfan

Keita

Delgado

Strikers

Benzema

Fred

First team:

GK – Vercoutre

RB – Clerc

LB – Emanuelson

CB – Squillaci

CB – Mensah

MC(d) – Toulalan

MC(a) – Bodmer

MR – Keita

ML – Farfan

AMC – Juninho

ST – Benzema

The Tactic

It’s basically a 4-4-1-1, with lonf farrows on the two wide players and a barrow on Toulalan to DMC. It plays at the slowest tempo possible, but that doesn’t really effect the build up, mainly the taking of chances and how composed players are when they shoot. It produces some amazing passing moves and great football in the final third. It’s working really well at Lyon so far. It is consistently good for the most of the time but the odd time it falls to peices and I could lose 5-3 for example. Which kind of ruins my goal difference, it should be different at Lyon though.

The Season So Far

For my pre season we went on a tour of the States. It went horribly wrong. We lost two, drew one and won one! I then had a friendly against my reserves to warm us up for the cup match against Sochaux. They are my bogey team! We beat a fairly good reserves team 6-0 and went into the cup game on a high. We dispatched of Sochaux 2-1 to lift the cup for the sixth time in a row! The league has gone as good as I could have hoped so far, with five wins and a draw out of my first six, leaving me top at the end of September.

Results:

Lyon 2-1 Sochaux (Champions Trophy)

Le Mans 1-2 Lyon

Lyon 2-0 Lorient

Lyon 2-0 Auxerre

Nancy 0-1 Lyon

Lyon 4-1 Lens

Sochaux 2-2 Lyon

Champions League Group

Barcelona

Lyon

Shalke

Dinamo Kiev

Hoping to get out of that without too much worry. I hope to walk the league, though I know it wont be easy. Get to the quarters of the CL and win another cup. Cheers to anyone to has bothered to read through this, any advice , questions or whatever are very welcome.

MON LES GONES

Thx for the suggestions guys,

And i really don't know how much money i will have left. I'm trying to get my defence up to date + 1 versatile midfielder (Menez) + 1 class striker.

Govou, Muller are already sold and Boumsong icon_wink.gif almost.

This time i'm going to try to sell all the rubbish youngsters and reserveplayers though. Just 0 upfront + 50% sell-on. Good for later stages.

Does Sobis has double nat.?

Archived