The restarted LLaMa Clan game will have Players - Teams as follows:

Andyinkat - Queens Park

Guinness79 - Montrose

Humph3 - Shrewesbury

iajafer - East Stirlingshire

MFC Mark - Peterhead

seamus redux - Elgin City

The game will start on 9th March, 2004.

The Rules are as follows, any anomolies or amendments, please post below.

LLM Clan Rules

1) This online game is to be played in the Spirit and Ethics of LLM. This will be the Rules and Guidelines as advertised in the Forum Header of the LLM Forum. In addition SWYCT and SYB will be adhered to (on a serious note, though, keep it realistic).

2) The game will be two Nations, England and Scotland, Large database and v4.1.5.

3) Players' real names will be used in the game, eg. Ian J Ferguson, and no passwords will be used.

4) Nationalities should be set to English so no advantage will be gained. Players with a lower reputaion Nation may use their own Nationality at their own risk.

5) The sessions will be held on Monday nights, 2000-2300 GMT, and Thursday nights, 2100-0000 GMT.

6) Any player within the scouting area may be loaned if he wishes to come on loan to an LL Team. The two Divisions above "rule" will be relaxed for this game.

7) There will be a quorum of 4 players (out of the original 6) before a session can begin.

8) Players unable to attend should inform the host or another player who can contact the host at least 1 hour prior to "kick-off" time. In the event of a Player being unable to attend a session he'll be put "On Holiday" for the session in accordance with Rule 7). Players may join in the session at any time in the event of missing the start.

9) Games will be played on the "fast" setting, replays off and 2D key highlights only.

10) All communication during the sessions will be made using the dedicated mIRC channel.

11) Extensions to sessions may be discussed on each night and extension agreements must be unanimous. A third night may be added, but again this must be unanimous. These may only happen when all 8 players are present.

12) To begin with a maximum of 2 Scouts per Team will be allowed. This is because scouting reportedly slows up the game considerably, but as it's an integral part of LLM it's important that we get the scouting balance right.

13) In the event of sackings or relegation players may wait for an approach from another Club or apply for vacant jobs in the same or lower divisions. Failing that, after a 2 month wait, the bottom AI managed team of the Conference may be taken over.

14) No International jobs may be applied for or accepted.

15) All job offers from Clubs may be considered, regardless of division (not applied for). Players may apply for jobs in the same division or one division above.

16) All aspects of the game will be discussed after one season to ascertain that LLM and online are compatible and a decision made by the 8 players whether to expand the number of players, begin a new game or continue with the original.

17) The Official LLM Clan thread will be posted in CMO and a short update will be posted after each session. Players will be encouraged to become involved in the CMO thread.

[This message was edited by iajafer on 30 April 2004 at 23:45.]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

llm-clan-logo.jpg

The restarted LLaMa Clan game will have Players - Teams as follows:

Andyinkat - Queens Park

Guinness79 - Montrose

Humph3 - Shrewesbury

iajafer - East Stirlingshire

MFC Mark - Peterhead

seamus redux - Elgin City

The game will start on 9th March, 2004.

The Rules are as follows, any anomolies or amendments, please post below.

LLM Clan Rules

1) This online game is to be played in the Spirit and Ethics of LLM. This will be the Rules and Guidelines as advertised in the Forum Header of the LLM Forum. In addition SWYCT and SYB will be adhered to (on a serious note, though, keep it realistic).

2) The game will be two Nations, England and Scotland, Large database and v4.1.5.

3) Players' real names will be used in the game, eg. Ian J Ferguson, and no passwords will be used.

4) Nationalities should be set to English so no advantage will be gained. Players with a lower reputaion Nation may use their own Nationality at their own risk.

5) The sessions will be held on Monday nights, 2000-2300 GMT, and Thursday nights, 2100-0000 GMT.

6) Any player within the scouting area may be loaned if he wishes to come on loan to an LL Team. The two Divisions above "rule" will be relaxed for this game.

7) There will be a quorum of 4 players (out of the original 6) before a session can begin.

8) Players unable to attend should inform the host or another player who can contact the host at least 1 hour prior to "kick-off" time. In the event of a Player being unable to attend a session he'll be put "On Holiday" for the session in accordance with Rule 7). Players may join in the session at any time in the event of missing the start.

9) Games will be played on the "fast" setting, replays off and 2D key highlights only.

10) All communication during the sessions will be made using the dedicated mIRC channel.

11) Extensions to sessions may be discussed on each night and extension agreements must be unanimous. A third night may be added, but again this must be unanimous. These may only happen when all 8 players are present.

12) To begin with a maximum of 2 Scouts per Team will be allowed. This is because scouting reportedly slows up the game considerably, but as it's an integral part of LLM it's important that we get the scouting balance right.

13) In the event of sackings or relegation players may wait for an approach from another Club or apply for vacant jobs in the same or lower divisions. Failing that, after a 2 month wait, the bottom AI managed team of the Conference may be taken over.

14) No International jobs may be applied for or accepted.

15) All job offers from Clubs may be considered, regardless of division (not applied for). Players may apply for jobs in the same division or one division above.

16) All aspects of the game will be discussed after one season to ascertain that LLM and online are compatible and a decision made by the 8 players whether to expand the number of players, begin a new game or continue with the original.

17) The Official LLM Clan thread will be posted in CMO and a short update will be posted after each session. Players will be encouraged to become involved in the CMO thread.

[This message was edited by iajafer on 30 April 2004 at 23:45.]

The Clan's starting a new game for a number of reasons, including the release of v4.1.5 and the apparent corruption of the previous game.

We found out that LLM works very well in an online situation, as long as everyone's known as a LLaMa and can be trusted to play as such icon_wink.gif

This time we're playing Scottish Division 3, with the whole English League playable, 8 out of the 10 Teams managed by humans, and the understanding that the first season must be played in the Scottish 3rd Division, but other jobs may be applied for - within the game rules - after that.

The first game was a good introduction, hopefully we'll can move onto a new level with this new game.

Id like to wish everyone good luck(again), except for Guiness's Montrose, cause they're Brechins local rivals icon_wink.gif. And cause i have to work in that miserable dump of a town 5 days a week.

• SI Staff

Martin Cameron. Go figure. Top Scored for the Saints, so he holds out and then drops two divisions?

Nice career move mate.

I would LOVE a piece of this LLaMa game, just my US timezone is not going to be compatible. My clan plays something of an LLM version right now, but not up to the proper rules. I'd like to make the step up to that.

Good luck guys and hopefully your file integrity will hold out (we had that problem in our game and had to restart)!

Session One

We started tonight, with me as the host. Like last time, we started off with the LLaMa cup, a knock-out competition involving all human sides. The results of the first round were:

Albion Rovers (GlassWalker) 0 Queens Park (Me) 2 icon_smile.gif

Stirling (Wimb) 0 Elgin (Seamus) 0

Elgin through on penalties

Montrose (Guinness) 3 Peterhead (Mark) 3

1-1 after 90 mins. Peterhead won 6-5 in a protracted penalty shooutout

Gretna (Craig) 1 East Stirling (Ian) 3

Glasswalker wasn't around for this game, so hasn't actually taken over Albion Rovers yet. They had all the pressure in their game against my side, but couldn't convert. We scored from our first effort on goal in the 80th minute, and added a second 5 minutes later. My loanee GK (from Rangers) got MotM.

I've just had a look at the Queens Park website. It seems that they're a proudly amatuer team.

Having brought in a free transfer on a full-time contract, should I resign in disgrace?

Started off with East Stirlingshire, immediately got in two scouts and set them to work, one in Scotland, one for youth players, and signed everybody with a *** rating, well tried anyway.

WARNING!!! PLAYER NAME!!! icon_wink.gif

I signed one * guy though. A blast from the past, an old favourite of mine from the Livvi days way back. ***** ******! (take a bow, *****). He looks utterly crap, but I couldn't resist (Boo! Hiss! What about the LLaMa Ethics and known players?)

He probably won't get a game, but he may, and he's using up £300 a week, but what the hey? icon_wink.gif

The game against Gretna in the LLaMa Cup was a scrappy affair, but my new 37y/o striker got a goal \0/

We had one crash, which happened while I was tinkering with training, but the rest of the session was fine.

5 second continue utilised, btw.

Drew Wimb (Stirling) in the cup and well...it was true crap. Boring, Boring, Boring. 0 - 0; Anti-climactic penalties and I came away 5 -3 winners.

Big fan of the 5 sec continue. I think once we get past our preseason and scouting / buying up loads of players and getting to know our crap, it'll serve us well.

Just a reminder, I'll miss the next session as I'm boarding my flight to poofland. Thanks heavens I managed to sign an Ass Man during the session.

Hi guys,

Just in case I have a disk failure, I've backed up the save by uploading it to my webspace here.

I'll keep this updated, so if I'm ever not around you can continue without me (if you can find someone to volunteer to host icon_wink.gif ).

Since it's there, feel free to download it to have a look at your team or design new tactics, etc.

Not to worry, we didn't have the required 6 to proceed.

With next Monday's session already cancelled, it will be next Thursday before we get back into it.

Indeed Thursday awaits, i can slowly feel the desire returning now. To be fair there was some doubt whether to proceed on Monday, recent crashs, slow game times, absences have taken their toll but hopefully we can get a full house on Thursday and get back into "the groove"

icon_biggrin.gif

Up The ALBION

Excellent! I always find myself drawn to Scots Div 3 for some reason. Maybe I'm a filthy pervert or something. I know I'm not in the LLM forum as much as I should be, but I'll try and keep up to date with the way things are going in here. Playing with seven others would be fantastic fun as well, I hope you can all make it a damned fine game.

I would say that I would like to join in at some point, but I can't guarantee to make the 2000 kick off as i tend to help the missus out in her shop until around 2030 and so I can't be considered reliable from that point of view.

KUTHCW! (Haggis Chasing icon_biggrin.gif)

I was doing my occasional trudge round the other CM sites this afternoon, Mooski...what the hell has happened to Grass Roots?

Those guys should have their arses kicked, it was a great wee Forum. What about guys like Pops? Are they still posting anywhere?

Damned shame.

What was that guy's name who took over moderating for about a day, he posted in LLM for a while and disappeared?

Anyways, there may be a place going in a while, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

(I know this is a bit off-topic, but Iaj asked. icon_biggrin.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iajafer:

I was doing my occasional trudge round the other CM sites this afternoon, Mooski...what the hell has happened to Grass Roots?

Those guys should have their arses kicked, it was a great wee Forum. What about guys like Pops? Are they still posting anywhere?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not wanting to get all political, but the management over there dropped the ball a bit. Although GR wasn't as busy as it used to be, there was still a bit of a scene in there, but then a new LLM forum sprung up, completely unannounced and some guy (I can't even remember his name) was declared mod. We kicked up a stink because it was essentially, in our collective perception, a duplicate forum. "But no it isn't" came the reply, "you can post in here about tactics and players", so we kicked off again. We were childish in some of the posts we gave back, but only because the powers that be wouldn't give us any straight answers. To cut a long story short, Pops and Mjtr33 (Meej) resigned their modships before they were pushed and the regulars there pretty much deserted the place. It was started up again a few months ago, a new slate if you will, but it hasn't really caught on. As much as I like the new mod in there (Shindig, a Geordie lad so I'm bound to like him!), it's not working.

Pops and the old crew are posting, yes, but not on any CM site. We have an ezBoard site we go to and we're still in there chatting the usual claptrap! To be honest I don't think Pops plays CM anymore, so you'd be unlikely to see him anywhere. I'll pass on my regards anyhow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What was that guy's name who took over moderating for about a day, he posted in LLM for a while and disappeared?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I haven't a clue. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anyways, there may be a place going in a while, I'll definitely keep you in mind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks mate, much appreciated. I see that you don't mind players joining a little later than 20:00, so that may be an option. Or I could just tell the missus to get her backside off the couch and look after her own bloody shop. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

Hay Wimb the Barman I just won with Stirling Albion in the highly competitive Scots clan in my first season, I have them purring away perfect on a 442 A and beat a full division of human players. Hey with the new patch jobs come up quite often and some of the lads have jumped ship to bigger things in Scotland.

Hint get that defence sorted it’s the big weak point of the team but Mclean and Elliot are simply class.

Lads have great fun in Scotland and remember the cups are massive financially with the old firm games away giving £450K gate and that sure boosts the kitty, one of the lads got both the Gers and Celtic in the cups and is now sitting on a tidy pile to spend.

It will be a close run thing near the end.

Sav.

Sav,

This game is played in the LLaMa spirit, so please no tipping, especially giving run-downs of particular players.

Wimb, please erase anything you just read from your mind. icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

Yeah I guessed as much that’s why I only said the obvious. It was more a good luck with your clan game post than anything else, I’ll be interested in reading how your league goes. icon14.gif

I'd actually put forward the idea of the four (5?) remaining guys get together sometime during tonight to discuss how this Clan's going to go progress.

I'm online pretty much now until midnight, at least in the same room as the PC or next door.

Let's chat, fellas icon_cool.gif

Merci, fellow North American...

Anyway, we finally got going in Scotland, with diminished numbers, unfortunately.

Montrose had a decent day, going 1-1-0 in league play, and winning the 1st round Challenge Cup match over Stirling before losing at Gretna after having played to a 0-0 draw there three days earlier in the cup.

Bravely, but badly, lost to mighty East Stirlingshire, currently leading the 3rd Division, in a LLaMa Cup redux, after some players had to pull out (Not a very manly thing to do, for sure!)

Anyway, Montrose are set up well for at least a decent league position, so we'll have to see how things go!

Session 2 - Queens Park News

We played in the LLaMa cup semi against Elgin (Seamus) at home. Despite them having all the pressure we ran out 1-0 winners, mainly down to our loanee (from Rangers) GK, who picked up MotM for the second successive game.

In the final, away against Ian's East Stirling, he didn't fair so well. After conceding an early goal, he picked up a slight knock. In retrospect, I should have subbed him, but I left him out there. His lack of fitness showed in the subsequent couple of goals that he conceded before I finally took the hint. East Stirling ran out comfortable 3-0 winners to pick up the trophy.

On to competition proper, we went to second division Berwick in the Challenge Cup and got hammered 3-0. We didn't want to win the stupid competition anyway icon_wink.gif

We started in the league at home to Peterhead. They had all the pressure, but we looked as if our goalee could single-handidly keep them out, before they finally scored in the 81st minute. We didn't manage a single shot in the entire game icon_frown.gif

I rung the changes for our second game away at Cowdenbeath, and it did the trick as we looked much more lively and came away with a 1-0 win. We were fortunate, though, in that one of their strikers missed two glorious chances from one-on-ones in injury time.

So, we finished the session having won one, lost one, scored one and conceded one, putting us in 8th place.

Guest sav112

Could be an over heating problem and you motherboard is shutting itself down to protect from damage? It you know your way about a pc give it a clean inside and make sure all the fans are working. CM uses more or less 100 ~CPU and the temp can rise because of this.

Get it sorted, Neal!!! icon_wink.gif

It was a good session last night. We got in a few games, some good banter, and by the time it came to 2300 I was actually quite disappointed we were finished.

We've lost two players, Craig and Daniel have a lot of stuff on, Neal has PC problems, and Mark had previous committments - due to Millwall's run in the Cup \o/ - so we were 4. Maybe that added to the speed, maybe not. The 5 second continue's a boon, though our resident Canuck wasn't too happy :p

We're going to run along as it is just now, with the 6 players, and see how it goes. The guys who have expressed an interest aren't forgotten (the LLM ones, btw)

Good to get back on track icon14.gif

Neal, I agree with what sav says. Sounds like it could be an overheating problem. Do you have software to monitor the processor temperature and fans speeds?

You had me worried there, when you said "let's chat", I thought it may have been the "we need to talk" chat with women that I had so many times through my teenage years. They just couldn't accept my fetish for polar bear underpants. Why did they reject me so?

Anyway, KUTGW lads and try not to frighten us again. icon14.gif

Niall if it says RPC Call fail NT Auth and count down from a minute then you have the Blaster Virus, You need to keep windows Up to date and I am guessing you have XP??

Hey Mooski, when it gets to that stage I'm more of a "this is all fukt up, boys. I'm off!!!" kinda guy. icon_wink.gif

When I say "Let's Chat" it means we'll pull up a chair, shoot the breeze, sort things out, share a few brews and head off home icon_cool.gif

I scored nary a goal in the preseason and was belted out of the cup by ???Queen o' South??? 6 - 1 (bonus being my first goal). Then in the leagues lost 1 - 0 to Stirling and ran out 3 - 1 winners in my next match. Hoping that is a sign of things to come.

Shall we start at 2000GMT tomorrow?

I cleaned all the fans in the PC and reseated the CPU cooler and now it switches itself off after a few seconds.

I've brought it into work today with me so I will try to get it sorted.

I'm really missing the clan game as well lads.

If I slap MIRC on my laptop I should be able to join you tonight.

*Personal Message - sorry icon_redface.gif *

Neal, we're starting at 2000 tonight if you can make it. We'll start without you if you aren't there as we won't know if your PC and mIRC are up and running. You know my e-mail if you read this icon14.gif

Archived