The FM11 All-Nighter Thread (player-naming) 13/02/2011

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 players sent off within 25 mins. pffft need new patch :(

see i was having this issue and with changing my team style and tactics etc it stopped.

What i want fixed is a player coming and saying he wants to move to a big club, you say you want the club to grow etc and he is happy, then 2 days later he wants to move again!

I had that wants to move to a bigger club thing with Hugo Rodallega for about 4 seasons on/off. The fact that I was Premiership champions in season 4 didn't seem to satisfy him either. And it was constant.. in the end, let him go to Sevilla. Not quite sure if that is a step up from EPL Champions.

I can't admit to having ever watched the A-League in detail, other than briefly knowing that Robbie Fowler was prolific for a while. If he is banging them in at 34/35, I can't imagine it is the greatest standard of league. I'd quite happily offer my two cents worth if FM ever got to the detail of including Inter-University football. I do think that is a rather distant dream though. If you are in the mood for offering your opinions, do you mind if you run an idea I just posted in suggestions past you? You seem to be fairly level headed, as forum posters go.

I would compare the A league to perhaps league 1 in England and still improving, there are a few players who could play in the premiership eg. Jason Culina, Marcos Flores, Paul Ifill and Mathew Leckie to name a few quite often make my way down too Hindmarsh stadium to watch The mighty Adelaide United play

I would compare the A league to perhaps league 1 in England and still improving, there are a few players who could play in the premiership eg. Jason Culina, Marcos Flores, Paul Ifill and Mathew Leckie to name a few quite often make my way down too Hindmarsh stadium to watch The mighty Adelaide United play

I admit that Culina and Flores could make the cut. Don't know whether Paul Ifill is of the same ilk, having had to endure him for many a season at the New Den.

you must take Ifill out of that list lol, he couldnt get a run in the lower leagues so he went to australia. The way I look at it, Fowler was not wanted in England, Cardiff dropped him due to injury and very poor form (was living in cardiff at the time so went to Ninian Park every week), got no game time at Blackburn and noone wanted him from there, then he moves to the A-league and is some what of a star! I compare the A-league to league 2 and improving.

My only experience of A-League is I done a season on FIFA10, coincidentally with North Queensland Fury, as the Australian league had the lowest amount of games in a season to unlock a trophy. Aside from that, all I know is that Fowler had played there, along with some of the others you had mentioned. There's no doubting that Australia has produced some great youngsters. I literally cannot speak highly enough of Tim Cahill, and previously, Kewell and Viduka were doing the business. I guess what sucks for most nations outside of Europe is the lure of European continental football. Even the Brazilians admit there's nothing quite like that.

mate, he was by far one of the better players in the league, top 5, 10 at the most. Would be around 25th in League 1

This season? He scored about 5 goals and his team came last. Hardly a world beater. In his first season his team didn't even make the finals either and he scored 9 goals in 25 games or so.

This season? He scored about 5 goals and his team came last. Hardly a world beater. In his first season his team didn't even make the finals either and he scored 9 goals in 25 games or so.

in my opinion when folwer signed there were not 10 better players in the league. When I was living in England I watched alot of league 2 games and then when I came back to visit australia and watched some A-league it was about the same standard. I dont think any league one side would give fowler a contract

That's one thing I hate about this version , if a player doesn't want to negotiate we can't even offer anything unlike previous versions! Fail :(

I can see why agents have a bad reputation in real life, if this is how they behave. I've already had a few tussles with them. I start from £0 on all agent fee contracts and work up. Refuse to give them scoundrels a penny more than they deserve, real or not.

Ahahaha great point. You going to start a new save when the new patch is released?

I am doing that one in the chamber sort of ideal. I am going to give this Gundo challenge a crack with the Belarussian league. If it's poor, I'll just start over with the new patch. If it's good, the patch can wait.

im in the Champions League this year for the first time

Exciting. Not appreciating your Ian Holloway-esque tactics regarding squad selection. I hope the Finnish league are as stringent as the Premiership about poor squad turn outs. If that farce could result in Holloway being fined £20,000, I think your deficit should at least double.

:p

right, thats me done, i have had no sleep and have a 5 hour drive back to Terrassa!

Thanks for the time gents, hope to see you again!

Night auss. In the infamous words of Vinnie Jones in the film Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:

"It's been emotional"

Good luck with the rest of the Santa Claus legacy.

I appreciate that threads like this are always going to be popular, but can we please make an effort to keep it in the relevant forum?

It wasn't long ago that the FM Career Updates forum was opened for the very purpose of discussing save games together, I thought we made ourselves perfectly clear last time that GD isn't the place for it. Feel free to visit that forum and use the existing threads or start new ones, but can we please not start new threads in here considering they have been closed/moved in the past?

Thanks, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions, dafuge.

Archived