The HSBC Premier League 8.0.2 Clan Thread

woolfc

After the whole fiasco setting it up last night, it was more disorganised than newcastles defence. We finally got down to business. 7 new managers were appointed in the Premierships so called 'mini league' - the group of clubs who are better than a relegation battle, with aims of Europe!!!

The following managers were appointed

Ste (Aston Villa)

Reece (Man City)

Tuan (Spurs)

Solomon (Newcastle)

Lucho (Everton)

Woo (Portsmouth)

Shaun (Blackburn)

This promises to be an exciting season with all managers going pretty similarly matched teams, and with two months of the transfer market, and a few extravagant transfer budgets, this promises to be a busy few first months.

Our Clan Website:

http://www.freewebs.com/eplclan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the whole fiasco setting it up last night, it was more disorganised than newcastles defence. We finally got down to business. 7 new managers were appointed in the Premierships so called 'mini league' - the group of clubs who are better than a relegation battle, with aims of Europe!!!

The following managers were appointed

Ste (Aston Villa)

Reece (Man City)

Tuan (Spurs)

Solomon (Newcastle)

Lucho (Everton)

Woo (Portsmouth)

Shaun (Blackburn)

This promises to be an exciting season with all managers going pretty similarly matched teams, and with two months of the transfer market, and a few extravagant transfer budgets, this promises to be a busy few first months.

Our Clan Website:

http://www.freewebs.com/eplclan

freeman(slim) diaries....

I told my board to expect top hlf finish but that is just playing safe i know we(newcastle) can win the premiership. since we're not in europe we have more time to rest. 40million pounds have 6 players already in mind if u want to buy some players from me..inform me as most of the old newcastle players will be sold at a discount/clearout price....

errr, taylor, barton, smith, owen, martins, enrique, nzogbia

if any of them are goin then let me know please mate.

hreidasson, pamarot, davis, hughes, ashdown, duffy, nugent, kanu an mendes are transfer listed, all at pretty cheap prices aswell.

Cant wait for wednesday!!!

eerr, call me Savi, Tuan may be confused as my nick says so.

Taking over Spurs from Ramos, with target Europe spot, broad gave me only £23M (would like to recreate game, cause didn't set password and want to reset aim lol). With the target in mind, means battle with MU, Chel, Ars, Liv, and the others 6 players (a bloody field). hope won't be sacked like Martin (feel sorry for him)

To solo : if sell Owen or Martin, let me know, always pay good price *_+ . However, exp the theory "rather let him go to other clubs at cheaper price than to rival one". Not really see any chance to buy good player from human manager icon_biggrin.gif

Taken the reigns at Villa and looking to qualify for European competition through my league placings. Only been offered £21M though so will be looking to sell.

I'll post my transfer list soon, swap deals could also be an option.

Roll on the start to the season! We welcome the chase icon_cool.gif

well concerning my transfer guys..i could sell duff, smith, enrique, butt, barton, emre, given, cacapa, rozenhal, amoebi, milner. Butt, cacapa, enrique, amoebi and rozenhal can be sold at a discounted price(but not so cheap it was free cus i need the transfer money). given, duff, smith and milner, emre and barton need to be bought at a price of at least their worth. and is it jus me or wednesday is too far...

well, seen u guys r very eager.

Solo, u wanna create another member then join? lol, enable playing from both comp, then buy from u self *_+

wool - Alex, seem need the clan's schedule or quick information (playing time in particular) at the top of first page, u think so?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saviolazin:

well, seen u guys r very eager.

Solo, u wanna create another member then join? lol, enable playing from both comp, then buy from u self *_+

wool - Alex, seem need the clan's schedule or quick information (playing time in particular) at the top of first page, u think so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We decide of a Sunday night what the scheduele for the next week is, as some of us have work etc... but all the members know when where next playing!

btw did u all get my email regarding graphics, as my msn/hotmail is playin up and i cant get on today?

well,

very disappointed with internet, couldnt play caused by slow, weak signal. Got better at 22.45, but the game has been playing for few days with some important transfers. Due to internet problem, every day happens the same may consider about giving up, take Spurs place if you want Mr Toon.

alrite boys

cant believe i missed last night, got home at 8 to find out my internet wasnt workin, rang up sky and they said somethin happened with the server or sumthin and that my internet wont be on til the mornin, i cant effin believe it, seemin as its the transfer market an all and probly allof my bids wont be accepted and that, al deffo be on tonite as long as my internet doesnt go off, thats the 1st time its ever happened. An what a time to go off

alexsmalloe2.jpg

After arriving late in the game, Portsmouth manager Alex Woo had to pull some transfers out of the bag, after missing out most of his targets. Hes brought in 12 players (13 including Lulinha in the summer), to a combined total of 41.5m.

Players In

Rafael Van Der Vaart (12.5m)

Andrey Arshavin (7m)

Javier Pinola (5.5m)

Charles N'Zogbia (5.5m)

Sebastian Puygrenier (3.8m)

Jonny Magallon (3m)

Nicolae Dica (2.2m)

Jelle Van Damme (1.1m)

Miralem Pjanic (350k)

Carlos Saez (350k)

Jurica Vranjes (loan)

Marlon Harewood (loan)

Players Out

Pedro Mendes (1.9m)

Sol Campbell (1.1m)

Kanu (1m)

Richard Hughes (800k part ex)

Hermann Hreidasson (800k)

Dave Nugent (700k)

Lee Croft (300k)

with the gaffer saying there will be no more transfers coming in, and with the impenging transfers of Pamarot and Sean Davis, aswell as Lauren going out, the manager may find himself with some money to save for January!!

Premiership Results

11th August - Aston Villa (A) 0-0

15th August - Wigan (A) 5-2 (Utaka x3, Arshavin, and an O.G)

alexsmalloe2.jpg

Yeah well it looks like for the time being, were gonna stick with 6 people, if it goes ok over the next week or so, then we may add more people in, there is a waiting list of 10 people haha, we are a much in demand clan

Good luck tonight boys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissyp:

can i join your clan plz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add me on msn, and al get some details off you, but there is a waiting list to join

alexsmalloe2.jpg

Manager Alex Woo was not finished in the transfer market as he brought in young prospect Nedum Onohoua from Manchester City for £1.5m.

Also Sean Davis left to join Boro for 500k and Noe Pamarot joined Lille in a deal believed to be in the region of £1.3m. And with youngster Martin Cranie leaving on loan, and Lauren being constantly linked with a move away from Fratton Park. This has certainly proved to be an active few months for Pompey.

In the Premiership, Portsmouth upset the odds with a superb performance to beat Chelsea 2-1 at Fratton Park thanks to a Jermain Defoe brace. This win was followed by a 1-0 win at home to West Ham, Defoe scoring again against his former club.

Portsmouth would be sitting top of the table had it not been for Fulham winning 4 out of 4 games, but Portsmouth are second with 10 points from 4 games.

The seasons started wonderfully well, and with a Carling Cup 2nd round tie away at Carlisle coming up, this gives Pompey fans, a real sense of ambition for the rest of the season.

alexsmalloe2.jpg

Porstmouth eased into the 3rd round of the Carling Cup with a 3-0 win away at Carlisle, thanks to goals from John Utaka, Papa Bouba Diop and Nicolae Dica.

Carrying on their unbeaten start to the season may prove difficult, but being able to rest players such as Distin, Pinola, Diarra, Muntari, and leaving Van Der Vaart, Arshavin and Defoe on the bench, many believe this is the strongest their squad has ever been

alexsmalloe2.jpg

Trailing 2-0 after the first half away at Newcastle, Sebastian Puygrenier really struggling in particular. Manager Alex Woo was staring his first defeat of the season in the face. He knew he had to act sooner rather than later, so he took off Andrey Arshavin at AMR, and moved Utaka from AML to AMR and brought on Nicolae Dica at AML, within 2 minutes of the second half Dica scored (an inspired substitution), Portsmouth smelled the blood of a weakened Newcastle side, and Puygrenier was saved from his nightmare, and gave Jonny Magallon his debut after hed been injured for a month. Jermain Defoe bagged a well deserved equaliser, and overall a point a piece was about fair. Portsmouth are 3rd in the table, and currently unbeaten.

mancitybannerko9.jpg

Well after a slow start to the season due to the big transfer window we are finally a few games into the season and things look like the caln will go from strength to strength! Hopefully all coaches will post on here with updates on how they are doing!

mancitybannerko9.jpg

Transfers Out

Sun Jihai to Cagliari on Loan

Michael Johnson to Sunderland on Loan

Kasper Schmeichal to Middlesbrough on Loan

Emile Mpenza to Catania for 750K

Nedum Onuoha to Portsmouth for 1.5M

Darius Vassell to Middlesbrough for 2.3M

Richard Dunne to Middlesbrough for 2.3M

Gelson Fernandes to Everton for 2.5M

Benjani to Blackburn for 3M

Valeri Bojinov to Aston Villa for 4M