[FM11] Going Places? Lets wait and see...

Adam C

Game Type: Journeyman / Normal Career (could spend ages at one club, not sure, depends how it goes)

Patch: 11.1.1 (FM11 of course)

Leagues Loaded: England (League 2 and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Scotland (First Division and above), Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

Straight away I received a bid from Hereford which I thus accepted, here's a bit of info on the club:

Hereford.png

Hereford United Football Club

Nickname(s) The Whites, The Bulls, The Lilywhites

Founded 1924

Ground Edgar Street, Hereford (Capacity: 5,300 and 2,761 seated)

Chairman David Keyte

Caretaker Manager Jamie Pitman

League League Two

Predicted Position 18th

Captain (that I selected) C: Dan Connor, VC: Guillem Bauza

After offering out a fair amount of players, setting up the tactics and training, match preperation, bidding for players and asking my board for a parent club, I was ready to begin.

I thought Going Places did holidays. Hereford would not be my first choice!

lol maybe not but u gotta start somewhere. :p

The start to the season hasn't been great and I'll post my first real update in Jan. So far we've won one league game, drawn twice and lost twice. Thankfully we're predicted 18th so I'm under no pressure to do better, just I'm certainly targeting a fair bit better. We are sat in 14th right now.

2010/11 Mid-Season Review: Hereford United

Competition Summary thus far:

npower League 2: 10th Place - Should be higher to be honest, we were 2nd a few games back after some great results and form, but after a bad December we have dropped down the table, not too bad as we're only 2 points off the play-offs and 5 pts off the automatic promotion spots, but I want improvements, and quickly. Originally I wanted a safe mid-table position but now I've got the faith in this team to get higher than that, I will not be too delighted with mediocrity this season. I'm aiming for play-offs.

Johnstone Paint Trophy: Bye through first round, only to meet League 2 side Dag & Red away in the next. Put up a good fight but it was not enough as they edged it 1-0. Not too fussed anyway.

FA Cup: Same as JPT, a distraction. Once again we tried our best, and did very well in my view. We were up against another League 1 side in Rochdale away from home, and played brilliantly, going 2-0 up only to concede one just before the break and one in the last 10 minutes to take it to a replay. Either way, our confidnence was boosted for the home tie, and it showed as we put on a great show, taking the lead twice only to be levelled each time. There was time for a winner, nerves were high, and on loan Nikola Saric came on to snatch the win in the dying stages. Magical.

Sadly that was the highlight as we were then crushed by Plymouth in the next round on our own turf. Still happy with how it went, more than we could've asked for.

League Cup: Not been drawn yet

Signings: I loaned a lot of players on 3 month loans that were there as pure back up, and played virtually no role, will only mention loans that made an impact

Jared Wilson - RB - Free Transfer: Played 14 and has done ok, nothing special and next season if he remains at the club, it will be more of a bit part role, no doubt.

Lacine Cherif - AM/ST - Free Transfer: Played 10, been brought on twelve times, good potential, but not played well enough to get a spot in the first team. Will keep for a ocuple of years no doubt due to his promise.

Chris Perry - CB - Free Transfer: Barely played at all, brought in as experienced depth, but hasn't got what it takes anymore in my view, and will be moving on, unless he's willing to retire and get a job in the backroom staff.

John Paul Kissock - AMRLC - Free Transfer: Young, versatile midfielder who has played well and scored important goals. One of the better buys, no doubt.

Dani Sarabia - AML - Free Transfer: 37 year old. Has played quite a lot off the bench and has done alright. Clearly will be going soon but I don't regret buying him. Has done fine.

Michail Antonio - AML - Loan: Came for 3 months and did very well, kept Sarabia out of the side comfortably, playing 7 league games, scoring once and providing 3 assists with a good average rating of 7.06. Has been missed.

Matt Thornhill - CM - Loan: Like Antonio was here for 3 months, playing 13 times and did a decent job.

Milan Lalkovic - AMRLC - Loan: 3 months from Chelsea, played brilliantly. 11 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 7.21 average. Thinking of bringing back for rest of the season.

Abu Ogogo - RB - Loan: Another 3 month loan, played 7, got an assist, did well.

Andy Eastham - CB- Loan: Did really well at CB, carried the defence too much at times, so when he left it was evident and the bad form of December came just after his departure. The other ex-player I'm considering to loan back.

Sold Heister, Gwynne and Kovacs. Was looking to sell more but was unable to as they; donly just joined. January will be busy.

My Thoughts:

Good season so far and I think I'll be staying here for a few more years yet. I am targetting the play-offs which will be tough but anything can happen with such a tight league. If we were to snatch promotion this year I;d be delighted, but my main target over the next year and a half is to have gained auto-promotion to League One.

Archived