[FM11] The management career of Paul Grundy

Paddy420

Career Overview

Seasons: 7

Teams Managed: 2

Honours:

Conference North (1) - 2016/2017

2016/2017 - Boston United

Conference North (level 6) - 1st (league table)

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

2015/2016 - Boston United

Conference North (level 6) - 8th

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

2014/2015 - Boston United

Conference North (level 6) - 9th

FA Trophy - 1st Round

2013/2014 - Boston United

{employed on 13/03/2014}

Conference North (level 6) - 12th

2013/2014 - Unemployed

2013/2014 - Eastleigh

{sacked on 18/02/2014}

Conference South (level 6) - 20th when sacked

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

2012/2013 - Eastleigh

Conference South (level 6) - 14th

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

2011/2012 - Eastleigh

Conference South (level 6) - 16th

FA Cup - 2nd Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round

2010/2011 - Eastleigh

{employed on 17/12/2010}

Conference South (level 6) - 16th

2010/2011 - Unemployed

2010/2011 Season

Eastleigh (from 17/12/2010)

eastleigh-fc.gif

Conference South (level 6) - 16th/22

I got my first ever opportunity at football management at Conference South side Eastleigh in December 2010. Eastleigh were 19th in the league & facing a relegation battle, my first task was to bring in players capable of saving the team & releasing those that didn't make the grade. After a steady run of results the team finished 16th & well clear of the bottom 3.

Player of the Season

Anthony Riviere (DM-M-AM C)

2011/2012 Season

Eastleigh

eastleigh-fc.gif

FA Cup - 2nd Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round

In order to progress from last season, the magority of the rest of the original squad I inhereted were released as I built a new squad around the style of football I wanted Eastleigh to be playing. The season started off inconcistantly & the team soon found themselves stuck in the lower mid table. One good thing to come from this season was an FA Cup run to the 2nd Round, defeating League 2 outfit Oxford United in a replay at their stadium. Eastleigh ended up in 16th place once again in the Conference South.

Player of the Season

Jordan Collins (D R)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 European Championships (hosted by Poland)

SF1 - Italy 2:1 Holland

SF2 - England 0:1 Turkey

FINAL - Italy 3:1 Turkey

2012/2013 Season

Eastleigh

eastleigh-fc.gif

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Showing the squad I mean business & wanting this team to progress more players were released on order to sign better tallent, mainly young players who were on youth contracts at Premier League clubs last season. The board decided to decrease my wage budget from the previous campaign but this didn't stop the team from finishing the season 14th place in the Conference South, currently my best ever finish.

Player of the Season

Ryan Tafazolli (D C)

2013/2014 Season

Eastleigh (up to 18/02/2014)

eastleigh-fc.gif

Conference South (level 6) - 20th/22 when sacked

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

With the wage budget decreasing once more & the boardroom expectations increasing, my efforts to keep the team performing didn't work & with Eastleigh sitting in the relegation zone, 9 points behind safety, the board felt it was time for a fresh approach & fired me from my position on Tuesday 18th February 2014.

Boston United (from 13/03/2014)

club-header_bigger.gif

Conference North (level 6) - 12th/22

Under a month had passed since my dismissal from Eastleigh when my job application for Conference North side Boston United was accepted. The club were mid table & being an ex-Football League club the board wanted more. I steadied the ship & ended the 2013/2014 season in 12th place.

Player of the Season

Anthony Church (DM-M C)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 World Cup (hosted by Brazil)

SF1 - England 1:2 Brazil

SF2 - Spain 0:1 Japan

3PO - England 0:1 Spain

FINAL - Brazil 2:0 Japan

As this is the first season I've completed since deciding to start posting updates on here, I'll bosh a bit more into it then the previous seasons.

2014/2015 Season

Boston United

club-header_bigger.gif

Conference North (Level 6) - 9th/22

The season started off well with Boston United contending for the play offs throughout much of the season, but poor form contributed to suspensions & injuries saw the side lose pace around February. With a string of no wins in 5 games (4 being defeats, 1 draw) our chances of clinching a promotion play off spot faded away. 4 wins out of the final 4 games showed me the potential my young team could have, but it was too little too late as the side finished up in 9th place.

After defeating lower league side Spalding Town 1:0 away from home, Boston United were drawn to face fellow Conference North outfit Corby Town in the 3rd Qualifying Round. After a thrilling encounter we ended up defeated 5:3.

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Victory at the first hurdle was achieved away at Conference South side Welling United with a 3:1 victory which qualified us for the competition proper, but Conference National side Shrewsbury Town held firm to beat us 4:1 in the first round away from home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Average Attendance - 773

Highest Attendance - 1,064 v Northwich Victoria, 16/08/14 - 1:0 win (Conference North)

Lowest Attendance - 462 v Guiseley, 08/04/15 - 1:2 defeat (Conference North)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fans Player of the Year - Tom Robinson (18/M-AM R)

Best XI

GK - John Bateman

DL - Lee Stevenson

DC - Dominic Collins

DC - Chris Todd

DR - Alan Field

ML - Richard Griffin

MC - Hope Akpan

MC - Anthony Church

MR - Tom Robinson

ST - Danny Crow

ST - Tom Mullen

Transfers In

05/06/14 - Tom Robinson (18/M-AM R), free transfer

06/06/14 - Alan Field (19/D RL), free transfer

06/06/14 - Richard Griffin (19/M-AM L), free transfer

06/06/14 - James Swarbrick (19/DM-M-AM LC), free transfer

16/06/14 - Michele Fornasier (21/D C), free transfer

23/06/14 - Josh Richardson (19/M-AM LC), free transfer

01/07/14 - Adrian Manchester (25/D C), free from Eastleigh

01/07/14 - Mansour Assoumani (32/D RC), free from Eastleigh

01/07/14 - Alex Mullin (22/M C), free from Eastleigh

23/08/14 - Paul Fullerton (18/D R), free transfer

24/04/15 - Dwayne Mattis (33/DM-M RC), free transfer

29/04/15 - Lenny Nangis (21/ST), free transfer

Transfers Out

01/06/14 - Phil McLuckie, released

23/06/14 - Gary Wilkinson (19/D-M C), released

24/06/14 - Ryan Simmonds (23/M-ST L), released

24/06/14 - Sam Kelly (21/M L), released - now at Woking

24/06/14 - Ben Cutler, released

15/07/14 - Alex Bell (20/ST), released

25/08/14 - Paul Fullerton (18/D R), loaned to Boston Town (rest of season)

01/01/15 - Damien Mozika (28/DM-M C), free to Walsall

22/01/15 - Adrian Manchester (25/D C), free to Woking

01/02/15 - Reece Caira (22/M C), released

22/04/15 - Phil Shead (23/D-WB R), released

22/04/15 - Anthony Church (27/DM-M C), released

22/04/15 - William Ekong (21/D-M C), released - now at Hayes & Yeading United

Good read so far; and also if that is the Danny Crow from Luton, formerly of Cambridge, what are his stats like, and how's he doing for you?

Yeah he is... the previous regime signed him from Luton in 12/13. Wasn't much of a goalscorer for me last season with 7 league goals but somehow managed a 7.10 av rating

stats as of 19/07/15

2015/2016 Season

Boston United

club-header_bigger.gif

Conference North (Level 6) - 8th/22

Despite a higher finish this season, the league campaign wasn't as comfortable as it may appear. For the first half of the season Boston United floated around lower mid-table not looking like they were going to amount to anything. Form picked up in the second half of the season & Boston United found themselves in an end of season battle for a play off spot but once again the Pilgrims fell short.

The cup campaign mirrored last season as we once again disposed of Spalding Town in the 2nd Qualifying Round, only to be knocked out in the 3rd Qual once more by fellow Conference North side Stafford Rangers.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

The FA Trophy opened with a 5:0 victory away at lower league side Barwell & then a win over Corby Town in the 1st Round. Harrogate Town ended the FA Trophy run in the 2nd Round with a 4:1 win.

Average Attendance - 692

Highest Attendance - 1,177 v Eastwood Town, 15/08/15 - 1:2 defeat (Conference North)

Lowest Attendance - 408 v Hinckley United, 03/11/15 - 2:1 win (Conference North)

Fans Player of the Year - Tom Robinson (19/M-AM R)

Best XI

GK - John Bateman

DL - Lee Stevenson

DC - Michele Fornasier

DC - Dominic Collins

DR - Alan Field

ML - Richard Griffin

MC - Hope Akpan

MC - Dwayne Mattis

MR - Tom Robinson

ST - Tom Mullen

ST - Danny Crow

Transfers In

30/06/15 - Chris Shephard (27/M-AM LC), free transfer

01/07/15 - Sam Wedgbury (27/D-DM-M C), free transfer

05/07/15 - Ashley Whelan (21/GK), free transfer

Transfers Out

07/09/15 - Alex Mullin (23/M C), loaned to Boston Town (rest of season)

07/09/15 - Josh Richardson (20/M-AM LC), loaned to Boston Town (rest of season)

01/05/16 - Mansour Assoumani (33/D RC), free transfer

31/05/16 - Chris Todd (34/D C), free transfer

31/05/16 - Simon Lenighan (22/ST), free transfer

31/05/16 - Louie Soares (31/M-AM RC), free transfer

31/05/16 - Alex Mullin (23/M C), free transfer

2016 European Championships (hosted by France)

SF1 - Italy 0:1 Spain

SF2 - Portugal 2:0 France

FINAL - Spain 1:2 Portugal

Other

Still no World Cup for England but they have been chosen to host the 2024 European Championships.

WTF... the board keep offering me a new contract but every time i go into negotiaiton screen it says they are not prepared to discuss due to breakdown in previous negotiations... so i reject the offer & the next day they offer me another contract that i cant sign... this has happened for 7 days running in the game!

edit

sorted it out.

2016/2017 Season

Boston United

club-header_bigger.gif

Conference North (Level 6) - 1st/22

The league champhionship was secured on the final day of the season after a hard fought season saw Boston United challenge for the title all season long. The young squad I have put together have improved together over 3 seasons culminating in our promotion. Boston's last appearance in the Conference National was a 1 season spell in 2011/12 so hopefully I can keep them up this time round.

FA Cup - 1st Round

The first time I've reached the competition proper with Boston United. Lower league team Wellingborough Town fell 4:0 after a replay in the 2nd Qual, followed by victory away at fellow Conference North side Histon. Conference National team Corby Town were defeated by the Pilgrims in the final qualifying round but League One team Scunthorpe United knocked us out in the 1st Round away from home.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

Every round went to a replay! So in total we played 8 games, defeating: Altrincham, Gainsborough & Hyde but losing out to Conference National side Barrow.

Average Attendance - 973

Highest Attendance - 1,479 v Worcester City, 29/04/17 - 2:1 win (Conference North - title clinching game)

Lowest Attendance - 580 v Altrincham, 23/11/16 - 1:0 win (FA Trophy 3rd Qual)

Fans Player of the Year - Alan Field (21/D RL)

Best XI

GK - John Bateman

DL - Lee Stevenson

DC - Michele Fornasier

DC - Dominic Collins

DR - Alan Field

ML - James Swarbrick

MC - Hope Akpan

MC - Dwayne Mattis

MR - Tom Robinson

ST - Lenny Nangis

ST - Chris Shephard

Transfers In

02/06/16 - Bob Bentley (19/M-AM LC), free transfer

03/06/16 - Luke Ward (19/DM-M C), free transfer

Transfers Out

26/06/16 - Tommy Taylor, free transfer

30/06/16 - Richard Griffin (21/M L), free transfer - now at Sutton United

Archived