Quality Young Defensive Midfielders

Originally posted by GoodfellaLFC:

Please can you put in the names and clubs of as many quality young defensive midfielders you can think of, who are all under 3.5m at the start of the game. I shall start off -

Ever Banega - Boca

He's not defensive and on 8.02 starts at Valencia.

Sankhare - PSG

De Jong - HSV

Muamba - Birmingham

Lucas is at no point available for 3.5M is he??

Anyway, agree with Sankhare and Carioca. Both become quality. Bolzoni is another who's sometimes available for that much. I've got him for as little as 2M but it might just have been luck. Omar Benzerga is another one. I've picked up Sunny for about 4.5M a couple of times but its not at the start of the game. Havard Nordtveit can be picked up for around 3-4M in Jan I think. He becomes an awesome CB but also a very good DM.

Posted 05 June 2008 17:12 quote:

Please can you put in the names and clubs of as many quality young defensive midfielders you can think of, who are all under 3.5m at the start of the game. I shall start off -

Ever Banega - Boca

Sankhare - PSG

De Jong - HSV

Muamba - Birmingham

His natural position is a DM. Whether or not his stats suggest this i cannot remember.

Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted 05 June 2008 17:12 quote:

Ever Banega - Boca

Sankhare - PSG

De Jong - HSV

Muamba - Birmingham

His natural position is a DM. Whether or not his stats suggest this i cannot remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is a DM, but is best at MC or AMC IMO.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted 05 June 2008 17:12 quote:

Ever Banega - Boca

Sankhare - PSG

De Jong - HSV

Muamba - Birmingham

His natural position is a DM. Whether or not his stats suggest this i cannot remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is a DM, but is best at MC or AMC IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, he has only played DM for less than a season after replacing Gago in the Boca lie up, he is a much more attacking player.

You can't get most of these players for under 3.5m. Definitely not Lucas, Veloso, etc. Even Muamba typically goes for 5-10m.

You can try Samba, he's not a natural but can easily be retrained to DMC. I think he already starts with some level of competence in that position.

Archived