For those of you struggling with Byteshield Activation Issues

Ok - finally, we have a BETA TEST FIX

Please follow these instructions:

**IMPORTANT - Please make sure you disable any 'run as compatabilty modes on FM.EXE before launching'**

Please note - these files are not yet 'digitally signed' they will be once we complete testing.

Steps:

1) Download and extract the files

2) Open your Football Manager 2011 directory

3) Backup the following files: (ByteShield.ini, FM.exe, profiles.xml) - easiest way is to right click on file and select copy, then right click in the folder and paste.

4) Copy ALL of the files in the folder into your Football Manager 2011 directory (overwriting where necessary)

5) Run FM.EXE

6) Enter the FIRST username you ever registered with ByteShield and password, click 'Login'

7) Game should launch

8) Please report any success/failure on this forum page.

**UPDATE - on XP machines, please right click, select properties and in the bottom right hand corner it might say 'this file came from another computer' - please uncheck that box**

<<link removed>> new link further down...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New issue - running windowed mode on a netbook - will investigate tomorrow, as the -window flag is not parsed.

Any news on this netbook issue. Haven't been able to play the game since purchasing it via digital download on Monday. Hve gone through everything with Byteshield support and it looks as if everything else is working fine just the game doesnt load up. I'm running the game on a Samsung NC10 netbook. Demo runs fine with the '-small_screen -windowed' in the command line of the desktop shortcut.

Thanks

Any news on this netbook issue. Haven't been able to play the game since purchasing it via digital download on Monday. Hve gone through everything with Byteshield support and it looks as if everything else is working fine just the game doesnt load up. I'm running the game on a Samsung NC10 netbook. Demo runs fine with the '-small_screen -windowed' in the command line of the desktop shortcut.

Thanks

Ok - do you see the game attempting to boot, or just nothing after 'activation'? Can you try the files above please and see if the game then attempts to load. Investigating how to run windowed - without the command line parameters.

Got a series of script errors

Running Windows 7 64-bit

We have identified the problem - your machine has DEP (Data Execution Prevention) turned on in 'full' mode and we weren't managing our memory efficiently, we'll have a fix in the next couple of hours.

Ok - do you see the game attempting to boot, or just nothing after 'activation'? Can you try the files above please and see if the game then attempts to load. Investigating how to run windowed - without the command line parameters.

Hi Muzchap,

Without the windowed in the command line the game goes through the process of activation with byteshield and then sits in the processes in task manager with no cpu usage and about 315k ish in the Mem usage with no hard drive activity.

With windowed in the command line it fails on the activation part of the byteshield with the error that the server is unavailable.

I have gone through all the above in this post and with Christian from support at byteshield. Christian confirmed that everything is acitivated and have checked the files Profiles.xml, bytshield.ini and the ********_sg_fm_10rc_decryptmod.lib.

The Game seems to want to start but then just hangs in the processes.

For info the Demo does the same when the windowed is not in the command line. But works fine when it is.

If there's any more info needed or anything you need me to try just let me know.

Thanks

I have been awaiting progress on this issue for some time now. I bought game over a week ago now and have similar problem to most. With me the byteshield works up to when it says loading application then stops responding.

I just tried this beta patch and now i get the following. "This application failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

No idea what dx has to do with this patch but im sure you can help Muz:)

Oh im in UK by the way so dont know if this changes things.

Any News ? Still waiting to play the full game for the first time. :(

Hi FuzzFace,

Yes - we are working on this now - unfortunately the ByteShield client is not passing on the -window flag when calling the executable. We have an idea that will work, but it will need some internal testing - I'm hopeful of getting this resolved today (at least in a Beta Patch) - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

I have been awaiting progress on this issue for some time now. I bought game over a week ago now and have similar problem to most. With me the byteshield works up to when it says loading application then stops responding.

I just tried this beta patch and now i get the following. "This application failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

No idea what dx has to do with this patch but im sure you can help Muz:)

Oh im in UK by the way so dont know if this changes things.

Hi, the error that you are getting is a DirectX problem - when you installed did you accept the DirectX installation?

Could you please visit the following website and update your DirectX version - and then try the game again:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

It would also be worth checking that your Video/Sound drivers are up to date - then you should have no further issues.

Thanks

Hi FuzzFace,

Yes - we are working on this now - unfortunately the ByteShield client is not passing on the -window flag when calling the executable. We have an idea that will work, but it will need some internal testing - I'm hopeful of getting this resolved today (at least in a Beta Patch) - I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

That's Excellent Muzchap,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If there's anything you need me to do just let me know.

Thanks

That's Excellent Muzchap,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If there's anything you need me to do just let me know.

Thanks

New files very soon - just getting approval to create link from Web Team :) - it works in windowed mode and all other fixes we hope, are addessed.

Thanks

Just wanted to give you an update. My Norton suite 360 today updated virus base(it auto updates every day) and then quarantined FM.bzz again when i started game. However, after i made an exclusion for that file game worked fine. Still , it means that new virus db update for Norton doesn't necessarily contains solution for Bytesheild.

P.S. just to confirm...if i lose internet connection in middle of game , does that means that game will stop working till connection is restored?If so how is this different from Ubisoft draconian online drm?

Just wanted to give you an update. My Norton suite 360 today updated virus base(it auto updates every day) and then quarantined FM.bzz again when i started game. However, after i made an exclusion for that file game worked fine. Still , it means that new virus db update for Norton doesn't necessarily contains solution for Bytesheild.

P.S. just to confirm...if i lose internet connection in middle of game , does that means that game will stop working till connection is restored?If so how is this different from Ubisoft draconian online drm?

You wont have an issue with .BBZ files anymore - we have removed them.

The new fix in the link below will address all problems - and no - wont turn off if your internet is disconnected.

Thanks

Hi All,

Second FM11 BETA TEST FIX available:

README

--------------

**IMPORTANT - Please make sure you disable any 'run as compatabilty modes on FM.EXE before launching'**

Steps:

3) Copy the DRM folder to the directory

4) Backup your FM.exe

5) Backup your FM.ex_

6) Copy over new FM.exe and FM.ex_

7) **Copy the skins folder in the Football Manager 2011 directory into the DRM folder (copy whole folder)

8) Run FM.exe

If you want to play 'windowed' create shortcut to FM.exe and add -windowed e.g.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\fm.exe" -windowed

Thanks

http://segaeu.vo.llnwd.net/o37/fm2011-beta-fix-2.zip

Hi, i tried the latest patch but i too get the error message about scripts?

Yeah , i am getting message window "not able to create empty file". .After i restored original FM.exe, byte defender is telling me that internet connection is not available and it's switching me to "offline mode" (what is that ?)I can start game though, but not sure if offline mode is doing making something different.

I had that to start with mate, it was because i hadn't copied all the files in the folder over, only the fm.exe. Now i just get the script error screen.

I did copy all the files and folders and still got that message window.

I am not complaining. i can run game , with byte defender(if i exclude it from Norton ..just providing feedback here, and also wondering what is "offline mode" that i am getting ..lol

Hi, i tried the latest patch but i too get the error message about scripts?

Hi,

Can you please try this - make sure DEP is enabled for this application - thought we had solved that in testing - will check again... DEP is normally only 'on' for windows files - but follow the instructions in the link and add an exception for FM.exe

VISTA/Win7 users

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings

XP users

Right click the file FM.exe, click properties and on the general tab of the properties box at the bottom should be a security section. Click the unblock button then ok out

I did copy all the files and folders and still got that message window.

I am not complaining. i can run game , with byte defender(if i exclude it from Norton ..just providing feedback here, and also wondering what is "offline mode" that i am getting ..lol

Arghh just noticed a problem with the build. PLEASE copy the SKINS folder in the ROOT of FM11 directory into the DRM folder (copy the whole folder)

Arghh just noticed a problem with the build. PLEASE copy the SKINS folder in the ROOT of FM11 directory into the DRM folder (copy the whole folder)

Eh, nwm now is asking me to sign into byte defender and i am keep getting offline, no internet connection popup....and what exactly is "offline mode"?

That is after i copied skins folder into drm folder....i'll try again later today if i get this byte defender online again

Windows 7 64bit here, i have DEP on for essential windows programs and services only programs(that is default), and i am hesitant to turn it on for all programs(only other option) , because it can possibly cause problems for some.

Yes - no problem - that's what it should be set to - I wouldn't advise changing from that...

I think the script error might have been misleading - as I forgot to copy the skins folder into the DRM folder - can you do that please - and try again.

Hello, I just bought the game today. I also was getting the no internet connection error; however the patch has corrected the problem for me. Thanks much!!

Excellent, glad to hear it - this isn't the official patch and is only a BETA test.

Did you copy the skins folder over to the DRM directory?

I did not copy over at first... got the unable to create empty file type error. Once I copied it over I was able to register and run the game. Also I am running 7 64 bit so I did not change the DEP. Thanks.

Excellent :) - Yeah the skins folder was a mistake - it was there already on my machine (from an earlier test) so when I copied the test files over it worked - instead of failing with the 'empty type error'...

The 'official' patch will contain all of this in. This was just a test to make sure people could get working.

May i ask what and where the skins folder is....not great with all this stuff!

Hi,

Ok in your Football Manager 2011 directory - you will see a bunch of folders at the top - one should be called 'skins' - please right click and select cut, then open the DRM folder and right click and then 'paste'

This will copy the skins folder over for you - once that is done, go back to the Football Manager 2011 directory and run FM.exe

This will all be 'fixed' in the 'Official' patch - estimated to release on Monday, if you cant get it to work, or PM me for remote assistance?

Hi All,

Second FM11 BETA TEST FIX available:

README

--------------

Steps:

3) Copy the DRM folder to the directory

4) Backup your FM.exe

5) Backup your FM.ex_

6) Copy over new FM.exe and FM.ex_

7) **Copy the skins folder in the Football Manager 2011 directory into the DRM folder (copy whole folder)

8) Run FM.exe

If you want to play 'windowed' create shortcut to FM.exe and add -windowed e.g.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\fm.exe" -windowed

Thanks

http://segaeu.vo.llnwd.net/o37/fm2011-beta-fix-2.zip

Hi Muzchap,

I can now confirm that the game has kicked into life for me. Thanks for your assistance and with getting this sorted.

Cheers

Fuzzface

i have downloaded the patch and now when i try to start i get the followinf message " this application has failed to start because saAudit2005MT.dll was not not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem" what is this about and what do i need to do?

i have downloaded the patch and now when i try to start i get the followinf message " this application has failed to start because saAudit2005MT.dll was not not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem" what is this about and what do i need to do?

Hi Janc09

So you followed the instuctions and then ran the FM.exe in the root of the Football Manager directory?

saudit.dll is a standard install file for FM11? Please make sure that this is in the root of the FM directory...

Right here it goes...

Purchased the game on release date, all was well had no trouble with ByteSheild at all... 'Run As Admin' was all good. However I tried to start the game this morning with no luck at all...

First off i switched all my firewalls off and tried to load it up - Didn't work.

Right ive installed the BETA test thing yet it still don't work... "5) Backup your FM.ex_" wasn't sure on that step as i didn't seem to have one in the first placE?

So at the moment it says im in offline mode or something so i click go online and it comes up with http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/19-041935L/6997/png/11/2010/img5/glowfoto

Any suggestions?

Having bought FM2011 from Gamersgate, I would like to know a simple question. I have activated my game and I have no problems BUT it accesses the net EVERY time I play does this mean i cannot play offline??

If so, this is extremely inconvenient as I am heading soon to an area of the world with very little net access.

I have read the posts associated with this question but I cannot figure out if this constant access to the net when the game is first booted up is actually working as designed or a bug, anyone know??

Right here it goes...

Purchased the game on release date, all was well had no trouble with ByteSheild at all... 'Run As Admin' was all good. However I tried to start the game this morning with no luck at all...

First off i switched all my firewalls off and tried to load it up - Didn't work.

Right ive installed the BETA test thing yet it still don't work... "5) Backup your FM.ex_" wasn't sure on that step as i didn't seem to have one in the first placE?

So at the moment it says im in offline mode or something so i click go online and it comes up with http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/19-041935L/6997/png/11/2010/img5/glowfoto

Any suggestions?

Hi Semper,

We are releasing an official patch on Monday/Tuesday via our official ESD partners - please bear with us whilst this happens..

Archived