The sham that is the setpiece "creator"

I think its great and does exactly what it says on the tin. It helps you create your set pieces. So much easier and better than the drop downs.

You wern't expecting something wherte you could have a corner go in, a flick on at the near post, a cushioned header down than a volley in the goal were you?

What I don't like is the lack of options with regards to the placings of the players. If I want to put 5 men on the back post and bang a corner to the back post then let me do it. Please.

It's so frustratingly close yet so damn far from being a simple, intuitive and great feature.

It is more of a "wizard" than a "creator", IMO. It's basically putting a graphic face on the pulldowns, just like the tactics wizard from FM10 did for the sliders. We're seeing a bit of marketing here, my friends...

I know that for attacking corners, at least, I can still use the pulldowns, at least through the "View" button...I know that, starting in FM08, SI stopped allowing more than 2 people in one location to nerf grossly unrealistic exploits. What was it? 2 guys back, 6 on the far post, 1 on the near, and a long shooter lurking...guarenteed 40 goals a season. But do I understand people to be saying that, using the View pulldowns, we now can't have more than 1 player in any spot other than Forward or Stay Back? If that's not the case, then the new "creator/wizard" is nothing more than window dressing, and if you don't like it, do it the old way...

Archived