Problem 1

I recon its either my gfx or the fact my display drivers are not there :/ they may have been un-installed during factory resets... who knows? if anyone can shed light on the situation or give me a link to something they think i should download please post!

Well, in any case, your model number perfectly matches a Packard Bell Desktop PC:

http://www.citylocal.ie/cities/Galway/freeadvert_Packard_Bell_IMedia_S_1839_Desktop_Computer_7470.html

Which has a nVidia GeForce 7300 GS GPU

Which you can download the driver at below URL:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-32bit-258.96-whql-driver-uk.html

:D

got some details,

It is Packard Bell, sorry about that.

IMEDIA S 1839

System Model - GA-8I945PM

Processor - Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz (2CPUs)

Memory - 2048MB RAM

Direct X Version - DirectX 9.0c

This is my Display section of the dxdiag, it shows nothing is installed, this is my problem.

directx1.jpg

Anyone know what to do???

how about simply doing a system restore on the computer to a couple of days before this happened ? say it happened August 21st, system restore it to August 19th.

click start (bottom left corner of your screen) then Help & Support. System restore is there.

this has fixed many problems I have had in the past

Burak, thanks for the help, great suggestion, downloading as we speak... well type...

We will see if it works within the next half an hour! :)

Although keep suggestions coming people, with my luck its unlikely to work! :L

Failed,

couldnt work beacause it couldnt locate any drivers that were compatible with my current hardware... or something along those lines :(

Im going to bed, Anymore solutions welcome, i will read them, just not until tomorrow :)

Thanks for all the help so far,

Andy

Sorry about that!

I found another source, right from the manufacturer's website:

ftp://ftp.download.packardbell.com/DESKTOP/iMedia%20%282005-2007%29/Driver/Xp/

This time, most probably your driver is there. However, those drivers are for all the iMedia series produced between 2005 and 2007. So you still have to know what kind of GPU you have, and download the appropriate driver from that list.

Options:

1- Take a screwdriver and open the PC, look at the graphic card yourself.

2- Ring Packard Bell customer service and ask them.

Good luck.

Right,

I have gone down the list installing all those things, just to see if one worked, lol but the it says the "Driver Control Panel cannot be installed correctly because your Driver is not working properly."

Therefore i believe my display driver somehow broke, hense why it is not there when it is searched for and why nothing is downloadable to get it working again.

If anyone knows anything about how to fix broken drivers, or what i must do next, it would be much appriciated :)

Burakkk??? :L

Andy, that is worst thing you could do.

It is not a good idea to try to install bunch of incompatible/wrong drivers into your computer.

The best way was to find out the model of your GPU first, and than check the list if there is any driver with the same model name.

Did you check the GPU model by the way?

Have you opened up the pc and seen if there are any stickers on it? At the very least there is some sort of indication on the make of the gxc card somewhere then we might be able to suggest something. At the moment we are just guessing.

Archived